What's new

1971 and a bit of alternative history. What if Sheik Mujib became PM of Pakistan

Keep calculating , you are good at this . Do not advise peoples what to do or what not before providing them livelihood, and to secure their old age.
500 tk $6) monthly is even not enough to buy the amount of rice (মোটা চাল) a man need in half of a month.
And ask your party to stop wasting money on such video of full of hypocrisy.
@UKBengali

Dude, BD has options here.

If BD government bans maid export, then it either provides them alternative income(garments and/or a monthly stipend).

Even if the BD government say was to provide them 1,000 US dollars each year, then for 1 million maids(sure it is way less than this) would come to 1 billion US dollars a year. Like I say actual BD government revenue is increasing by nearly 3 billion US dollars a year.

If the SEZs are successful(looks good so far), then no need for ANY BD'shi to suffer in the deserts of Arabia,

Now, please grow up and listen to other points of view and stop taking offence at sensible suggestions.

If BD government bans maid export, then it either provides them alternative income(garments and/or a monthly stipend).
what is the salary of a garments labour ? is it enough to run a 5 members family where she has old parents and her husband either leave her or just drunk and beat her so she can't live with him?
so a family of 5 ( assume that she has 2 children too and all are infant) , how can she afford all of them with the tiny salary? Do you know the living cost of Dhaka? How can they live even in a slum and how can she afford ? Still lets assume you want them to live in dirtiest slum , yet you do not want to send them aboard as house made because govt can not give them security ? Why do you want to cut head if there is disease?
And same as monthly stipend , how much ? 500tk for each member? is it enough even to buy the rice of 15 days for a person?
Please do not joke .
And besides , is it mandatory that the woman will not allowed to make her children educated ? ( now don't tell me that govt has free education , as eye washing free and reality has huge differences).
So what if the woman want a better income and she can get it from another rich country ? Who are you to stop them?
Ask your govt that there and stay safe . banning this legal process is just like cutting head for head disease.

Even if the BD government say was to provide them 1,000 US dollars each year, then for 1 million maids(sure it is way less than this) would come to 1 billion US dollars a year. Like I say actual BD government revenue is increasing by nearly 3 billion US dollars a year.
Only one thing you can properly calculate and that is how the revenue will increase , and never want to understand that this revenue is not going to digest in a a poor person's belly instantly . And also this amount is nothing for a whole family . And also no one has this right to stop their works aboard , just make aboard safe for them.
Now, please grow up and listen to other points of view and stop taking offence at sensible suggestions

I think it's you who not only need to grow up , but also to feel the problems other than your awami line of development. As I said it will not satisfy the Hunger of someone's belly .

Last edited:
@Atlas

BD government has no power to make Gulf Arabs behave.

Unless BD is a rich and industrialised country(in which case these women will not go abroad to become maids) then the Arabs will behave as they please with BD'shis.

The problem is one of BD government not taking responsibility for it's own citizens. They are pushing out both men and women abroad as they are not running the country properly and so hiding their own failures

Why is there no real alternative to garments to create millions of jobs in BD? BD government needs to hurry up and build the infrastructure as quickly as possible so the SEZs can be ready to provide the millions of well-paying jobs that BD'shis need. Plenty of countries are finally showing serious proposals to build factories in BD that will create thousands of jobs each

Why does a country like BD that spends just over 1% of GDP on defence not spend far more on education, healthcare and social security? I tell you one of the main reasons is the useless government cannot figure out a way to collect more than 10% of GDP in revenues. Neighbouring India manages 20% and even Pakistan does 15%.

Even though AL has a lot of failings, I support their continued rule as without economic success, nothing is possible.

Back
Top Bottom