What's new

1960 technology will serve Ukraine's air defense against low flying Iranian drones

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
AA17oz4j.img

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz poses in front of an anti-aircraft gun tank Gepard during his visit a training facility of the arms-maker Krauss-Maffei Wegmann at the Putlos military training area on August 25, 2022 in Oldenburg in Holstein, Germany. Gepards have been used by Ukrainian forces to fend off Russian drone attacks.

Germany has pledged more Gepard anti-aircraft tanks to Kyiv as Ukraine looks to fend off sustained drone attacks from Iranian-made unmanned aerial vehicles.

Berlin will send an additional two Gepard, or "Cheetah," anti-aircraft guns, along with 6,000 rounds of ammunition, Yermak wrote on Telegram.

In an updated tally as of Sunday, the German government has delivered 32 Gepard air defense systems to Ukraine, up from the previous figure of 30.

A further five Gepards are "in planning," according to the German government website.

The Gepard is an armored, all-weather self-propelled anti-aircraft gun developed back in the 1960s. Made by defense manufacturer Krauss Maffei-Wegmann (KMW), Gepards have been supplied to countries such as Germany, Belgium, Romania and the Netherlands.

AA17oz4j.img

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz poses in front of an anti-aircraft gun tank Gepard during his visit a training facility of the arms-maker Krauss-Maffei Wegmann at the Putlos military training area on August 25, 2022 in Oldenburg in Holstein, Germany. Gepards have been used by Ukrainian forces to fend off Russian drone attacks.

Germany has pledged more Gepard anti-aircraft tanks to Kyiv as Ukraine looks to fend off sustained drone attacks from Iranian-made unmanned aerial vehicles.

Berlin will send an additional two Gepard, or "Cheetah," anti-aircraft guns, along with 6,000 rounds of ammunition, Yermak wrote on Telegram.

In an updated tally as of Sunday, the German government has delivered 32 Gepard air defense systems to Ukraine, up from the previous figure of 30.

A further five Gepards are "in planning," according to the German government website.

The Gepard is an armored, all-weather self-propelled anti-aircraft gun developed back in the 1960s. Made by defense manufacturer Krauss Maffei-Wegmann (KMW), Gepards have been supplied to countries such as Germany, Belgium, Romania and the Netherlands.
WOW!! :omghaha:
A whole 37 examples...:rolleyes:
Well,I`m certainly convinced.I`ve no doubt whatsoever that these will create a truly impenetrable air defense shield over all of the ukraine.;)
:jester:
This would`ve made a great april fools joke.....if it wasnt actually real,so instead its just a sad joke.:laughcry:

WOW!! :omghaha:
A whole 37 examples...:rolleyes:
Well,I`m certainly convinced.I`ve no doubt whatsoever that these will create a truly impenetrable air defense shield over all of the ukraine.;)
:jester:
This would`ve made a great april fools joke.....if it wasnt actually real,so instead its just a sad joke.:laughcry:
Apparently,the Gepard is a quite good AA weapon.

If i would be in charge, i would never give them away. They are very good for securing bridge-laying/ponton brigades against air threats. It is total shit to give them away.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom