What's new

13.4% Indian Muslims represent 3.0% of Indian military.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indian Army's Muslim headcount: 3% or just 29,000

A lot of hue and cry was raised over the so-called census of Muslims in Indian Army. After the Sachar panel had hinted that the number of Muslims in the armed forces could be sought, there was opposition from several sections against the proposed headcount on basis of religion.

There is no official report. However, the strength of Muslims is roughly around 3 % and the figure comes around 29,000 in the million-strong Indian army, according to news channel CNN IBN's programme titled Minority Report.

If the number of Muslims serving in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) infantry that has over 50% Muslims and those in other wings not directly dealing with warfare are excluded, the proportion is definitely too low. So out of a Muslim population of nearly 150 million (15 crore), barely 29,000 Muslims were found suitable for Army.

There has been a lot of controversy but these figures don't surprise or sadden me. The fact remains that if competent, a Muslim can rise in India to the highest position in any services including army, and has more chances than any other country.

This is my belief despite all the charges of discrimination, communal riots and experiences of bias. There are Muslim officers serving in Indian army at senior levels. IH Latif rose to the position of Air Chief Marshal.

In communal riots, army has always been welcomed by Hindus and Muslims alike, as the local police is often charged of biases. But army's neutrality remains undisputed. Lately there have been efforts to increase the strength of Muslims and other minorities in army, paramilitary forces and police. These steps will hopefully change the situation.

An Indian Muslim's Blog: News, Views & Urdu Poetry Website: Indian Army's Muslim headcount: 3% or just 29,000

less numbers are not only in army but also in other public service jobs...

God almighty.. a 2006 artcle... its been almost 6 years since it was published..

Some have lots of free time...

2006 articles does not mean that the situation has changed in 5-6 years.

What about Sikh, Buddhist, Jains, Christians, in Indian Military... lets noit bring pakistanis into this , there country is not secular to begin with so no point in asking about there demographical makeup

What about Sikh, Buddhist, Jains, Christians, in Indian Military... lets noit bring pakistanis into this , there country is not secular to begin with so no point in asking about there demographical makeup

Muslims are the 2nd largest religious group after Hindus , this is why it needs to be understood before we talk about other minorities in India.

Army cannot open a so called "MUSLIM RECRUITMENT CENTRE" in front of a madrassa, can it?? If muslims do not take interest in joning the army then what can army do huh??

stop worrying about us. look at your own muslims being killed daily..situation is not gonna change in next 4-5 decades in pakistan...and mark my words

Stick to the topic or i will start reporting. I am not "worrying" about Indian Muslims , i would rather worry about my dog not drinking enough milk.

The purpose is the to scrutinize Indian treatment of its minorities and displaying the discrimination which is embedded in the Indian state.

This is one clear evidence of systematic discrimination against Muslims in India.

you call yourself researcher?
how can something like this be called as discrimination??
public service jobs are given on the basis of clearing exams..why would a muslim get a job without passing these exams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom