What's new

11.11, Singles' Day of 2015: news & updates

To all married men in China,

I share your pain. I feel lucky that I don't live in China. Just hope this 11.11 thing doesn't spread to Australia.

As it is now, my wife is already an "excellent" shopper.

Each time I protested, she reminded me that she doesn't drink, doesn't smoke and doesn't gamble.

So, I should be lucky that her only vice is a little shopping once in a while. Also, someone needs to keep the economy ticking along. Or, she is only spending her money, not mine.

Damn, I always lose out on the argument.

:hitwall:

But I still love her very much. She is an excellent mother and a good wife. I am still learning to overlook her shopping. argh!
Be good to yourself bro.
Like @GS Zhou bought himself a DJI drone.
Buy yourself a boat!:D
屏幕快照 2015-11-11 21.04.32.png

LOL! AliPay did crash at the start of 11.11 sale on AliExpress.Hopefully all my stuff is delivered .

Alibaba should definitely upgrade their overseas service!
Here, u give them a negative rating, you get refund :D.
Never had a problem with refunds but the Free Shipping option is too slow for India.
What's the price difference between T-mall/Taobao and AliExpress price? Any clues?

Top brands of large appliances so far
(Gross merchandise volume)

No.1 Haier
No.2 LeTV
No.3 Midea
No.4 Siemens
No.5 Hisense

Live from Water Cube in Beijing
14595-151111193Z5U3.png

Top TV Brands
No.1 LeTV
No.2 Hisense
No.3 Xiaomi

By 18:00(Beijing time), LeTV has sold 330,000 internet TVs!
(Tmall+JD+LeMall)

屏幕快照 2015-11-11 21.20.28.png

屏幕快照 2015-11-11 21.27.53.png

98,000 from Tmall
116,000 from JD
87,000 from LeMall

14595-151111193TA29.png

Last edited:
Never had a problem with refunds but the Free Shipping option is too slow for India.
What's the price difference between T-mall/Taobao and AliExpress price? Any clues?
Tmall is B2C, all flagship stores, and the main contributor of 11-11.
Tmall is the major topic here.
Taobao is C2C, that's where u buy cheap stuff or stuff from small business.

AliExpress is just for overseas consumers I think, we never use it here.

Tmall is B2C, all flagship stores, and the main contributor of 11-11.
Tmall is the major topic here.
Taobao is C2C, that's where u buy cheap stuff or stuff from small business.

AliExpress is just for overseas consumers I think, we never use it here.
What the best price you can get for Bluboo XTouch x500 ?

lol i just noticed headset i want to buy is now 30% higher than usual and the 11.11 special price is 28% off. that mean some dumb people will pay 2% more than normal price thinking they getting discount :lol:
It's like Boxing Day here. The prices are actual higher than some regular shopping days

@AndrewJin is 11.11 only record sales for online purchases. Do malls and other retailers promote 11.11?

It's like Boxing Day here. The prices are actual higher than some regular shopping days

@AndrewJin is 11.11 only record sales for online purchases. Do malls and other retailers promote 11.11?
Yes, it's spreading like virus, but I think online business will be the major contributor.
I did purchase a pair of glasses today, the whole package(new-generation aspherical lens+frame+optometry) cost me only 399yuan. My mother bought a lot of snacks (seed+nut+dry red date etc) in a snack house for an amazing price.

Just received a message from Tmall.
My parcel already sent!!!!
One hour after my payment.

@GS Zhou I guess DJI needs more time.
Great!

One of my colleagues purchased a small stuff on JD. com yesterday evening at about 1am (or we should call it today morning). What's amazing is that, this guy gets to the office today morning at 9am. When he walks to the office, the parcel is already placed on his table!!

I know JD.com performs very fast on delivery, but this still shocked me. It is 11/11, JD.com need to process so many orders but they still managed the logistic extremely high efficiency! It's almost a miracle!

Great!

One of my colleagues purchased a small stuff on JD. com yesterday evening at about 1am (or we should call it today morning). What's amazing is that, this guy gets to the office today morning at 9am. When he walks to the office, the parcel is already placed on his table!!

I know JD.com performs very fast on delivery, but this still shocked me. It is 11/11, JD.com need to process so many orders but they still managed the logistic extremely high efficiency! It's almost a miracle!

Ma Yun, chairman of Alibaba accompanied the director of State Post Bureau to visit logistics base of logistics giants STO and YTO at 4pm today.

新浪科技讯 11月11日晚间消息 今日下午4点,天猫双11成交额达到683亿元之际,阿里巴巴集团董事局主席马云陪同国家邮政局局长马军胜,出现位于顺义的申通和圆通的北京运转分拨中心,“探班”双11物流一线。

刚到申通物流园区,马军胜局长祝贺今年双11告捷,并不断提醒在场的物流企业老总:“这个时候可千万不能爆仓啊。”

在“探班”过程中,马军胜局长向马云和物流企业提出了三点希望:首先要重视国内客户的满意度;其次要加快国际物流建设;第三,要注意包装材料的环保性,比如接下来包装上的胶带纸、塑料包裹要考虑使用可降解材料。

马云说,阿里的菜鸟网络可以领头做好这件事情。

随后,两人又来到圆通北京运转分拨中心。看到传送带上数以万计的包裹,马云情不自禁地再次掏出手机拍照留念。

“今天大家都在猜双11成交额,我们不想去猜,对我们来说,最优先的是把各项准备工作尽量做仔细,所有的技术环节、支付环节、物流环节都要准备万全,为消费者提供尽可能好的服务。”马云说。

S_Lt-fxksqis4726754.jpg

I think this shopping festival is mainly testing two things
1, Internet, can it handle thousands of orders and payments at the same time?
2, Logistics, it's about infra and comprehensive management.

Director of State Post Bureau told Ma Yun that nearly one billion parcels would be delivered during Singles' Day period in 2015.
28956062.jpg.450.jpg

55846365.jpg.450.jpg

66271156.jpg.450.jpg

Now it's deep autumn and some places in winter, a lot of regions are suffering from extreme weather.
Hope we can get our parcels on time!
@Shotgunner51 @Yizhi @Kyle Sun

@TaiShang @ahojunk @Daniel808 @Abacin @Dungeness @powastick @Martian2 et al

Updates from Alibaba

屏幕快照 2015-11-11 22.24.59.png

Alibaba’s Global Shopathon Is On: Live Updates
10:30 p.m. CST … With the end of the sale in sight, Alibaba execs Jack Ma and Daniel Zhang, along with Tom Farley, president of the New York Stock Exchange, took to the stage at the 11.11 media center in Beijing’s Water Cube for a remote bell-ringing ceremony. The NYSE signals the start and finish of each trading day with the (arguably pavolovian) sound of bells; the ceremony has been a tradition for more than 50 years so it’s kind of a big deal to participate. Today’s ceremony was unusual because typically bells are struck at a podium in the New York exchange. The NYSE has held remote bell-ringings on special occasions, such as at the opening of the 2012 London Olympics and the Shanghai Expo.

The occasion this time: the NYSE wanted to congratulate Alibaba on its record-smashing 11.11 sale. The NYSE “is known for listed companies that were built by great entrepreneurs who built global businesses and made the world a better place,” Farley said. “No one epitomizes that more than Alibaba,” he said, noting that today was the 100th anniversary of the listing of IBM. “Jack Ma has told me he is building a business for three centuries, and, therefore, I believe that our successors will be back here in the year 2114 to celebrate the 100th year of Alibaba.” Ma, Zhang and Farley were joined in the ceremony by eight guests who have been recognized by Alibaba for unusual acts of philanthropy, environmental awareness and community building.

Bell.jpg

Buy buy buy
Buy buy buy
It reminds a song whose name is 我要买买买 by 洛天依(〃▽〃)

Back
Top Bottom