What's new

$10b spent annually to hire foreign execs for MNCs in BD

10 Billion dollar with 4.5 Lac employee gives 22K USD / employee average. Even with not paying taxes you should be able to find local supervisory staff at a far cheaper rate.
Ten billion dollar is an exaggeraton. There is no credible study about this subject. So, people claim wild figure without scrutiny unopposed to raise alarms.

Last edited:
I doubt he/she is even a woman. Most probably a 'Bobs and Vegana' guy hiding behind a woman's picture and pretending to be a woman.
As any local would tell you, our Borishaillas bros bang anything that wears a skirt and lungi and sarees are just fancy skirts.

Look at the thread title you will have the answer. It is for the mid and top level executives which is not applicable to the university graduate.

University graduates are coming but their skills are not at the required level to be readily absorb by companies. If you have head this article you would have known, they are talking about 'lack of qualified graduates' not lack of graduates.Number of graduate indeed more than job market can absorb, but there is a severe shortage of readily available skilled,experienced graduate to join the managerial position in various companies.

I don't know about Bangladesh because it looks like exception in world - otherwise one have to be very lucky to get mid / top level job right after graduation. A graduate normally begin as trainee and after 1-3 years start climbing management hierarchy, "Lack of qualified graduates" means that employers are finding it cheaper to bring expat than spending time and money on training of local graduates.

I don't know about Bangladesh because it looks like exception in world - otherwise one have to be very lucky to get mid / top level job right after graduation. A graduate normally begin as trainee and after 1-3 years start climbing management hierarchy, "Lack of qualified graduates" means that employers are finding it cheaper to bring expat than spending time and money on training of local graduates.

Bangladesh is land of extreme dissonance. In their rush to keep pace emotionally, they will release completely conflicting news and not even pause to think.

Have I said, graduate enters directly into mid/top level jobs anywhere in the world? Why do you invent meanings?
The problem in Bangladesh is, it's university is not integrated with the job market. There are very few University sponsored 'Internship program' in BD for a fresh graduate to gain experience basic field level training, they are mostly theoretical thus making them unable to join any company. Because Companies do not want a completely novice. That's why they are forced to hire from neighboring countries. Bangladesh's university run on outdated concept. This is the problem they are highlighting here.

Last edited:
Bangladesh is land of extreme dissonance. In their rush to keep pace emotionally, they will release completely conflicting news and not even pause to think.

Yeah, and then they go banana if someone question the contradictions.

You are correct. Many RMG are Indian owned. They employ Indians in a wholesale fashion. Even for junior position they hire Indians which can easily be filled by Bangladeshis. In Bangladeshi owned factories as well they hire Indian. This is indeed a very bad trend and needs to be stopped.

Most of these Indians come to Bangladesh in tourist visa and overstay and do not pay taxes.

Are you actually implying that Indian companies export majority of your RMG? Do you have statistics to back your claim? Does that mean majority of foreign reserves of BD belongs to Indian companies?

Senior or Top executives are making 100-200k or even more in some cases.

This is not only RMG, for all development projects, in other multinational companies, different private companies, in buying houses and many other places.

Do you know the salary for the directors sitting for the Boeing in US of A? 323,000 USD in cash and shares... And top executives in BD make 200k USD? What are you even smoking...

Got dumped by a Borishailla most probably.

All the Borishaillas whom I know have big libidos. :lol:

Do you know the salary for the directors sitting for the Boeing in US of A? 323,000 USD in cash and shares... And top executives in BD make 200k USD? What are you even smoking...

For top level ("C" level) executives Bangladeshi salaries are indeed higher than Indian salaries - it is about demand versus supply nowadays. Otherwise Indians and other foreigners would not come and work here. Often houses and driver/car is part of paid perks, not just the $200k.

Some top Indian executives in BD do make 200k USD per year, that is lower range (Sorry salary for similarly qualified Indians will automatically be 30% less compared to goras).

Look at Glassdoor, and see how much a Senior Executive manager makes (396K - 500K per year) at a cellphone company called Grameenphone.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/GrameenPhone-Dhaka-Salaries-EI_IE405018.0,12_IL.13,18_IM1237.htm

I find a lot of expat Bangladeshi senior executives from US companies are nowadays going back home because of the lucrative salaries, and they are of course preferred over foreigners.

Last edited:
Those salaries are in Taka

Nope. Wrong!

What CEO would work for 5,00,000 Taka per annum, much less monthly? Is this a joke?

Obviously you have no clue about Bangladesh salary - so let's end the discussion right here.

Bangladesh is not India and Indian miserly salary levels don't apply. Next!

ita kita khoila baisab!

Sodomy!

Kumlar bichi khaiya, Phatot gur-gur korey. :-)

Ten billion dollar is an exaggeraton. There is no credible study about this subject. So, people claim wild figure without scrutiny unopposed to raise alarms.

I have it on very reliable sources (firsthand personal acquaintance) that leaders at the top MNC's in Bangladesh (mostly banks) get paid somewhere around $300,000/- (yes US dollars) plus furnished executive luxury condo plus luxury vehicles (E class, BMW 5 series minimum) with Driver and full staff. Same with top companies locally per highest capitalization.

If this happens to be an Indian, why wouldn't they work here? Close to home, and almost no outlay/expenses. Indians know a bargain better than anyone.

I don't disbelieve the 10 Billion remittance figure when you consider how many large companies there are.

One of my senior friend recently visited Bangladesh. He has some contacts at Roopur Nuclear Power plant, he found for structural engineering an engineer from Germany was brought with 200k usd plus other benefit.

That is how salary is paid to foreign executives where many are without tax.

This is a Power Transmission consultancy advertisement for international consultant by ADB.

Package is 1.25 million usd for three years.

https://selfservice.adb.org/OA_HTML...i=915585636&oapc=3&oas=NBXmGlddfH3COlZTfpp6Pg..

Nope. Wrong!

What CEO would work for 5,00,000 Taka per annum, much less monthly? Is this a joke?

Obviously you have no clue about Bangladesh salary - so let's end the discussion right here.

Bangladesh is not India and Indian miserly salary levels don't apply. Next!

LOL @Mage @bluesky @Tanveer666 @The Ronin @OsmanAli98 @Aung Zaya @Game.Invade

lololol.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom