What's new

1000km rang BM

Does Turkey have any plans to make their own nuclear weapon program ?

Does Turkey have any plans to make their own nuclear weapon program ?
I doubt it, they don't really need nukes.

They wanna become a conventional power that dominates their immediate surrounding regions. They don't really have any use for nukes as those wouldn't really serve their interests.

Maybe when they achieve their main strategic goals in their region will they consider thinking about it.

The only nuclear threat they face is from Russia and maybe China. They have US nukes inside Turkey under the NATO umbrella to counter those threats.

I doubt it, they don't really need nukes.

They wanna become a conventional power that dominates their immediate surrounding regions. They don't really have any use for nukes as those wouldn't really serve their interests.

Maybe when they achieve their main strategic goals in their region will they consider thinking about it.

The only nuclear threat they face is from Russia and maybe China. They have US nukes inside Turkey under the NATO umbrella to counter those threats.
I mean after Ukraine, they should have consider it. Even a tiny nation like Israel for decades keep them just in case. Turkey is powerful enough to take any country head on in conventional but they should have minimum deterrence when it comes to Nukes.

I mean after Ukraine, they should have consider it. Even a tiny nation like Israel for decades keep them just in case. Turkey is powerful enough to take any country head on in conventional but they should have minimum deterrence when it comes to Nukes.
It could end up having severe consequences for Turkey that could potentially destroy its economy and see it become an international pariah state. Considering how weak Turkey's economy is right now, this could have extremely dire consequences for Turkey.

Turkey doesn't have any major military threats except from Greece.

They don't have any reason to try and get nukes.

It could end up having severe consequences for Turkey that could potentially destroy its economy and see it become an international pariah state. Considering how weak Turkey's economy is right now, this could have extremely dire consequences for Turkey.

Turkey doesn't have any major military threats except from Greece.

They don't have any reason to try and get nukes.
I agree, but they can work on in secret like Israel did, or Pakistan. I mean they just have to keep denying in the media like both Pakistan/Israel did for years. Given the world is so unstable right now, and many nations are either in state of war or the threat of war in hovering over them I think Nukes is something that can save them. Pakistan's survival so far is guaranteed by the nukes or else India or America would have invaded Pakistan long ago.

I agree, but they can work on in secret like Israel did, or Pakistan. I mean they just have to keep denying in the media like both Pakistan/Israel did for years. Given the world is so unstable right now, and many nations are either in state of war or the threat of war in hovering over them I think Nukes is something that can save them. Pakistan's survival so far is guaranteed by the nukes or else India or America would have invaded Pakistan long ago.
The world new both Pakistan and Israel had nukes, they also knew when the nukes were being researched.

You can't really hide that sort of thing any more. It's next to impossible.

Back
Top Bottom