What's new

10 Epic Military Last Stands

How can we not mention battle of Longewala here
120 soldiers and 1 Jeep mounted M40 recoilless rifle went up against 2800 soldiers 65 tanks 138 military vehicles 5 field guns and 3 anti aircraft guns.
Major Chandpuri held his position against all odds the entire night before the IAF came to help

Oh, absolutely, just mind-boggling heroism. True warriors. True Patriots.

The last stand of hunter_hunted in d Battle of pdf where hunter is finally hunted by keyboard warriors doing troll practice. :p: o_O

I can't believe I almost forgot the last stand made by Baji Prabhu, allowing Shivaji to escape.

2 things should be clear in a last stand most or all the defenders are usually killed and there is no surrender...if they surrendered it wouldn't be a damned last stand.

From western history .Almost All of these are in the original video.
siege of alamo - Texans vs mexicans

Battle of camaron french foreign legion vs mexicans

Gordons last stand british vs mahdi sudanese

Custer's last stand americans vs red indians

Thermopylae spartans vs persians

Szigetvar hungarians vs ottomans

Constantinopole byzantines vs ottomans

Killer hill finnish vs russians

Longewala is by no means a last stand and it was primarily a air to land battle only 2 indian land casualities are recorded.

For indian last stands
Pavan khind in the maratha mughal war.
Chittoor .Mewar vs allauddin khilji.
Saragarhi the sikhs vs afgans
Are real last stands.

Battle of shiroyama the last stand of the samurai.
And siege of fushimi castle.
Torri mototada's last stand come to mind.

Here is a great site for cool info on some badass people.

Badass of the Week

You will find torii mototada and the 21 sikhs on the badass list.

Jauhar and Saka refer to the ancient Indian tradition of Rajputs honorary self immolation of women and subsequent march of men to the battle field (against any odds) to end their life with respect.

MY Favorite War Of 27 Years... it was started with a Dream of a Father to Establish a Independent Kingdom, a Hindavi Swarajya Which was Fulfilled By Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj the Great by capturing a Mere 2 Fort...

Continued even after his death... 3 Generation Fought the Mighty Mughal Empire & Finally brought them to there Knees ... Conquering Almost of India including upto Present day Peshawar...

Every war they fought the Enemy were 3 to 5 times Superior in numbers Still they won...

They Started with Nothing but a dream of conquering all the Maratha region,But Finally ended Up in Winning all of India...

Maratha War of Independence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

when did marathas ever capture Punjab? Marathas were defeated by Ahmed Shah Abdali in 3rd battle of Panipat if I remember correctly

and you forgot the infighting...that was the original cause of Mughal downfall, 5 kings in 1 year

Yes sir the battle of Chamkaur is all true event occured during the darkest time of Sikh history. Because of this Battle, we Sikh's can proudly keep our heads high and walk with pride.
BattleofChamkaur.jpg

Battle of Chamkaur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

battle of chamkaur : definition of battle of chamkaur and synonym of battle of chamkaur (English)
i heard there was a battle in which the Muslims tried to get into the golden temple and got one dude but he had his head cut off and fought until the last enemy solider was killed? some sikh told me this, is it true :undecided:

battle of chamkur 1,000,000 mughals!!! are you serious in those days armies of 100,000 was thought to be huge!! a MILLION IMPOSSIBLE!! this chamkur sounds unrealistic!!

1,000,000 vs 48!!!! that is almost 21,000 vs 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please be realistic!

battle of chamkur 1,000,000 mughals!!! are you serious in those days armies of 100,000 was thought to be huge!! a MILLION IMPOSSIBLE!! this chamkur sounds unrealistic!!

1,000,000 vs 48!!!! that is almost 21,000 vs 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please be realistic!
the source is Wikipedia :undecided:

it still is unrealistic and they failed to capture the Guru guy??? impossible

guys dont get annoyed in disbelief because it was mughal army.....

Havent got any neutral source (i have all sikh related websites) but the history is there to not only read but also see in person with all monuments in punjab, india...

Google "Battle of Chamkaur" where 40 or 50 guys fought with a million army

and the google "Baba Deep singh jee" .....

hope this should clear some history....lets not take it from a sikh or muslim point of view but take it in a stride that these ppl fought against all odds where they were certain that death will come and they accepted it...thats the last stand i guess..

with All due respect to Sikhs 1,000,000 vs 48 IS IMPOSSIBLE even for NEO in matrix!!!!!

i think it must be 10,000 vs 48!!!!! that still is one man to 208:1 ratio!!!! abnormal yet still digestible

but a ratio of 21,000:1 is IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!

i goggled it only sources available are sikh sources. & i don't wish to upset any religious group hence just leave it at "beliefs"

when did marathas ever capture Punjab? Marathas were defeated by Ahmed Shah Abdali in 3rd battle of Panipat if I remember correctly

and you forgot the infighting...that was the original cause of Mughal downfall, 5 kings in 1 year
Ur Correct But the Maratha Recaptured the Lost territory & Revenged By Defeating both Rohillas & Nawabs of Oudh 10 years After the 3rd War of Panipat... & During the Peak of Maratha regime they Controlled Punjab , even Few Parts of Sindh ... the war of 27 years Led to the Decline of Mughal in India... Although there where Other Muslim Empires in India but Mughals Empire was erased to a level that they were just a Nominal head of Delhi by the Marathas ...

Aurangazeb fought 27 years against Maratha & Destroyed his Empire , the Whole Mughal Treasury Which Led to infight after his Death...
& Durrani empire Lost its Glory due to Sikh rebellion ...

Maratha Empire at its Peak... u can see clearly Punjab was in there Hand...

500px-South_Asia_1758_AD-_4.JPG

All the sources are from the Sikh perspective so i don't know to what extent i want to believe the 1 000 000 figure. It was probably a large Mughal army but as Ice man is saying 1 000 000 is just too much. Exaggerations of the enemies number is nothing new. That is why you need sources from both sides to have some sort of idea of the numbers. Something clearly lacking in the Wikipedia article.

Back
Top Bottom