What's new

Woot-Tech: A New Pakistani UAV Company (Founded 2020)

JamD

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Former head of flight dynamics and control for Project Azm (who has since left PAC) has started his own UAV company called Woot Tech (https://www.woot-tech.com/):
1622869131801.png

They are making small UAVs:
1622869290711.png

These are nothing fancy and made from COTS parts but the important thing is the list of clients:
1622869336535.png

which is NOT military - so I feel they have a better chance of actually surviving and making a profit so that they can grow.

UAV service companies are quite booming in Indonesia currently, so I believe this is the market that Pakistan UAV companies can hope to get the order. My cousin also has UAV service company where one of the service is for mapping, he also has used naval version for sea mapping service (although it could be ship drone as I am not clear about this one).

He is quite brave to leave his job in Dutch company in Singapore some years ago and go back home and make the company in Indonesia.

He is right, why to work for a useless company , there is no future in PAC , which is just created for sucking government resources, i can bet we will never ever see a Home made UCAV flying in next decade or half, now even arabs Starts making and Flying their own UCAVs but resources eaters generals of ours yet to know the advantages of these machines after being pounded by US MQ reapers for 2 decades ..lagy rahi nation ko choona lagany

Gives me a lot of happiness and energy whenever I see such things from our country. May Allah grant all the success. Experienced engineers turning into job creators (ultimately leading R&D in private sector) is our future.

UAV service companies are quite booming in Indonesia currently, so I believe this is the market that Pakistan UAV companies can hope to get the order. My cousin also has UAV service company where one of the service is for mapping, he also has used naval version for sea mapping service (although it could be ship drone as I am not clear about this one).

He is quite brave to leave his job in Dutch company in Singapore some years ago and go back home and make the company in Indonesia.

This is also what I suggest him to be both UAV maker and UAV service companies at the same time. Selling home made drone will face huge competition from Chinese companies and it needs a lot of sales to reach profit and BEP, while UAV service company can get good revenue from private sectors or government institution (depending on the sophistication of the service) while it can also provide service for public for drone video making stuff.

He is right, why to work for a useless company , there is no future in PAC , which is just created for sucking government resources, i can bet we will never ever see a Home made UCAV flying in next decade or half, now even arabs Starts making and Flying their own UCAVs but resources eaters generals of ours yet to know the advantages of these machines after being pounded by US MQ reapers for 2 decades ..lagy rahi nation ko choona lagany
We already have seen the first prototype in JF17 video 🤦‍♂️

Former head of flight dynamics and control for Project Azm (who has since left PAC) has started his own UAV company called Woot Tech (https://www.woot-tech.com/):
View attachment 750722

View attachment 750723

These are nothing fancy and made from COTS parts but the important thing is the list of clients:
View attachment 750724
which is NOT military - so I feel they have a better chance of actually surviving and making a profit so that they can grow.
well, this doesnt sound exactly very promising for AZM.

View attachment 750722

View attachment 750723

View attachment 750724
Foodpanda? Now that's an interesting client.

"Great things start from small beginnings.." I wish this bloke the best of luck and look forward to seeing him develop UCAVs and smart munitions and SOWs soon !!!!!

If PAF / PAC / GOP had anycome sense, then would stay engaged and support him in this endeavour.

Hire the brightest and best - create an environment and reward structure based on meritocracy and great things will happen on their own ...

IMO the day the PAF set the flight date at 2028, I felt they were rolling AZM into a foreign program -- i.e., the J-21 or the TFX. Those are the only fighters that will fly in that timeframe. However, even if we collaborate on the TFX, I don't think our R&D contribution (financially speaking) would cross 5%. If the initial outlay is $10 b, I can't see the PAF put in over $500 m.

IMO the day the PAF set the flight date at 2028, I felt they were rolling AZM into a foreign program -- i.e., the J-21 or the TFX. Those are the only fighters that will fly in that timeframe. However, even if we collaborate on the TFX, I don't think our R&D contribution (financially speaking) would cross 5%. If the initial outlay is $10 b, I can't see the PAF put in over $500 m.
I suppose it depends on what kind of future they want for the project, even if the R&D contribution is not major, it can be Indigenzied down the line as Pakistan gains the capability to produce more of the components on it. This is the cheaper, simpler way, but it’s also not the innovative one. In an ideal world I’d rather the first flight be in 2050 but it be an entirely Pakistani project. I feel while giving that date they knew it’s the date at which they’d need such a fighter rather than the time at which they can make such a fighter, and in that case, the Joint program does make more sense.
Basically, we’re going to get a 5th generation fighter anyways, I just hope we actually get some useful knowledge out of the AZM project too, and the fact that they did at least start the project before even considering foreing options shows that there is some hope to that.

On the bright side this may suggest a growing LOCAL market for UAVs, which in turn may lead to UAV companies that grow to sizes that can enable them to make serious UCAVs for PAF.

Contrary to popular belief I am not a pessimist, but a cautious optimist lol.

On the bright side this may suggest a growing LOCAL market for UAVs, which in turn may lead to UAV companies that grow to sizes that can enable them to make serious UCAVs for PAF.

Contrary to popular belief I am not a pessimist, but a cautious optimist lol.

After this post, i did some digging and was kinda impressed by the guys working at AvRID, they seem really experienced and competent. Shame we dont have money to throw at them to let them run wild.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom