What's new

Why Pakistanis stop buying new Japanese Cars: Loot Mafia Suzuki, Honda & Toyota face major Losses

Buy Korean and Chinese cars.
Maybe reliable European car.

Korean cars are equally expensive, if not less.
European cars are twice the price than Japanese.
Hopefully Japanese delegation will mange to break a commission deal with In laws of Imran Khan and car manufacturing industry will survive, otherwise Chinese CKD will kill what ever local industry we have.

PTI brought more competition in Auto industry and it should reduce the car prices.
PTI kicked out Al-Futaim group, who was going to invest $500 million and had plans to export cars out of Pakistan.

PTI kicked out Al-Futaim group, who was going to invest $500 million and had plans to export cars out of Pakistan.

I believe this part is wrong as renault wasnot at all planning to export cars from pakistan. AFAIK they were just looking at assembling cars in pakistan. I may b wrong as well so can you please cite ur claim on exporting cars from here. Thanks

For people blaming Japanese, you have no idea how the car industry works.

It's not Japanese selling you junk, it's a Pakistani company.

Pak Suzuki is a Pakistani company that was a licence to build or import Suzuki cars.
If pak Suzuki wants to sell you junk, Suzuki in Japan does not have much say.

Japanese build some of the best cars in the world, Pakistani companies build junk
Pak suzuki is owned by suzuki japan.
In atlas honda policies are mainly driven by honda and same is the case with indus.

I guess Army has to create a automotive company to design a made in Pakistan car because private sector is only interested in assembling cars.

I guess Army has to create a automotive company to design a made in Pakistan car because private sector is only interested in assembling cars.

Manufacturing is non feasible in Pakistan since early 90s. Thanks to IMF, even if govt. makes tax free zone electricity, transp9rt and miscellaneous cost is too high.

Manufacturing is non feasible in Pakistan since early 90s. Thanks to IMF, even if govt. makes tax free zone electricity, transp9rt and miscellaneous cost is too high.
Did IMF come to us or we went to them?

Did this current govt. employed IMF hitmen itself or on advise of IMF?
Did previous or current govt. from 93 onwards themselves make policy or the IMF?

Was manufacturing and export flourishing in previous governments ? Check the data rather then using media generated terms

Bring in the Malaysians..

Great news in Malaysian cars are in Pakistan, Chinese cars in Pakistan, Hyundai and Kia are abck with a bang, simply brilliant cars with relative cheaper prices. Amazing to see Pakistani Auto Policy changing rapidly.

Car prices have increased alot recently. 8lakh car is now worth 13lakh. Ridiculous. PTI government need to make cars more affordable to the comman people.

Car prices have increased alot recently. 8lakh car is now worth 13lakh. Ridiculous. PTI government need to make cars more affordable to the comman people.
I see this as an opportunity.

It's a big challenge to make a $5000 car no matter what technology you use. Just steel alone, and most basic metalworking will take $1200+ on a smallest car around, and fully assembled body + paint will take $2000+

Thus you are left with $3000 for every other part, labour, and what you are left with to buy dinner.

I believe the price raise is just them accommodating the parts price going up.

I would not be wondering much why you can only get cars like Suzukis for that: it's hard to even think of how to come with a cheaper car than their low-end offerings.

Toyota was like that in China though nineties, but when people's incomes started to go up, the time for payback came for them. Toyota still have a reputation for "atrociously economic" designs.

So it comes to the fact that you basically cannot reduce the price of IC engine powered car in any imaginable way, because there is nothing left to throw out.

EVs are look much more favourable here as the most basic EVs can be made with just 2 parts in the powertrain: a wheel, and a motor.

The most basic EV powertrain + sensibly sized battery can be cheaper that cheapest IC one. It means you get at least $1000 something advantage over IC powered car, which you can get to fancy it up quite a bit over something as ugly as Suzuki Mekran.

Last edited:
But one has to think why bother to begin with?

Anybody who needs a cheaper option for personal transport will go for a motorcycle/scooter. You can get a very spiffy scooter for $5000 even in the West, that will beat just any economy car on performance.

People buying a $5000 car over a bike/scooter have very strong reasons to do it. They specifically need a car because> family, professional occupation (need to carry at least some cargo,) physical limitations, living in places with poor roads e.t.c.

Last edited:
Subgrade, over overly priced cars by Suzuki, Honda and Toyota!

Finally excellent features car have come to Pakistan like Hyundai, Malaysian, Chinese and Audi etc

Subgrade, over overly priced cars by Suzuki, Honda and Toyota!

Finally excellent features car have come to Pakistan like Hyundai, Malaysian, Chinese and Audi etc
Your exuberance is premature. I doubt you can make a decent car under $5000 no matter how you try.

Take a look at India, with their near slave labour, subsidies to car makers, and cheap steel.

lolz funny ppl we are. like i keep saying ride horse in the city when government ask why are you riding horse and your answer why are you backward tattos cant produce quality car with low price.
i stick to building my own transport maybe just weld some frame and bang on a engine.
someone needs to burn that shity factory down so they change their ways.

Back
Top Bottom