What's new

Which service to join in the Pak Armed Forces as a Psychologist

jaibi

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Asalam-e-liqum

I've been a guest on these forums for a long time reading good posts and heated discussions but I've finally decided to join up and be a contributing member. I'm in the final year of my studies and I've decided to join the Pakistan Military as a Psychologist because that's my field and I believe I can serve my nation best by doing what I'm good at (I've the highest CGPA in my session) yet I'm just confused as to which arm of the military I should join. I'm the eldest son and I need to take care of my family so I don't have the luxury of experimenting with my career. I've asked around but I would also like the opinions of experienced members.

Thank you in advance.

Jaibi

You do not have much of a choice, there is only one branch of Armed forces that you can join i.e Army Medical Corps. Even Navy and Airforce don't have their own medical officers and Army docs go on deputation to other sister organizations. Army always advertises in the newspapers, so keep on the lookout or you can contact nearest recruitment centre and they can also guide you.

There are posts of Psychologists in all branches of the military, Masoom. The Psychologists are vital for the selection of candidates in all branches.

Welcome to the forum mate :cheers:

Thanks 007 ;) nice forum name, mate.

You do not have much of a choice, there is only one branch of Armed forces that you can join i.e Army Medical Corps. Even Navy and Airforce don't have their own medical officers and Army docs go on deputation to other sister organizations. Army always advertises in the newspapers, so keep on the lookout or you can contact nearest recruitment centre and they can also guide you.
Oh, Masoom I think you mixed Psychologist with Psychiatrist- they are very different. Psychologists are the guys in the ISSB who screen people and construct the intelligence tests the candidates give. Psychiatrists are medical doctors and their primary role is to treat mental ailments.

You will be joining Army Medical Corps , From there you will be reassigned after your training for the field you are suited best.

What I really want to know is how is the culture of each arm different. Which one is best for intellectual growth. Which one needs research more and would cater it etc., etc.,

You will be joining Army Medical Core , From there you will be reassigned after your training for the field you are suited best.

FOX I think you are making the same assumption I'm not taking about Psychiatry (Medical doctors) but Psychologists the guys at ISSB who screen the candidates for mental health and fitness to be in the armed forces. The guys who take the Psychological Tests, if you applied/

Let me clarify again. In Army all type of medical related personal be it Psychologist or be it Psychiatrist, all have to join Army Medical Corps from where they go to ISSB or where ever assigned.

No, Masoom, I just came from the information base and met an army psychologist. The army psychologists have a different corp under the head psychologist who is a major gen. The PAF and PN have their psychologists inducted into their Education Corps. I visited their selection centres.

FOX I think you are making the same assumption I'm not taking about Psychiatry (Medical doctors) but Psychologists the guys at ISSB who screen the candidates for mental health and fitness to be in the armed forces. The guys who take the Psychological Tests, if you applied/

Both work under Army Medical Corps, and it is same for all 4 Arms of Pakistan Army

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom