What's new

What Can Pakistan get from Belarus without Attracting Sanctions?

faani83

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Look how warm is Belarusian leader is towards our PM. Goodwill is there!
What can we get to benefit our defense sector?
They are already helping in Agriculture Machinery Etc...
What else can Pakistan get taking advantage of their isolation and having somewhat better negotiating position as Belarus is really treated as a Bad Boy in the West?

Look how warm is Belarusian leader is towards our PM. Goodwill is there!
What can we get to benefit our defense sector?
They are already helping in Agriculture Machinery Etc...
What else can Pakistan get taking advantage of their isolation and having somewhat better negotiating position as Belarus is really treated as a Bad Boy in the West?

Bangladesh is getting helped by them in agriculture sector too, their tractors are world famous workhorses which are assembled locally for local market. As agriculture sector improves, larger agri-machines can be supplied by this country, as their price-sensible products compare favorably with German and American mega tractors, though maybe not as sophisticated tech-wise (which you don't really need in Agriculture, unless you are in the EU). Entire Eastern Bloc used to get their production of tractors at one time from them, with "Bela-Rus" brand being a leading brand for tractors. They are sold in the US and Canada as MTZ Brand. Some are rather large tractor models meant for US farms which can measure a dozen miles across.

iu

Chinese tractors are pricewise in a different scenario, being compared to Kubota and Yanmar products. Japanese, Chinese and Korean Agri-automation products are popular in Bangladesh.

Bangladesh uses Indian tractors too up to a certain level for price reasons - however these don't go into larger sizes, similar to Pakistani tractor products.

Some Belarus tractors can be used (with attachments) as excavators, bulldozers and graders for construction use.

Other than tractors, you can import plywood/MDF/lumber products and processed dairy products from Belarus which are price-competitive. I have seen some furniture items sold at IKEA USA made in Belarus.

The most valuable Belarusian exported goods in 2020 were potassic fertilizers (7.9% of total exports by value), processed petroleum oils (7.3%), cheese and curd (4.2%), sawn wood (2.4%), tractors (2.1%), trucks (1.9%), miscellaneous furniture (also 1.9%), concentrated or sweetened milk and cream (1.6%), butter and other fats and oils derived from milk (1.5%), and iron or non-alloy steel bars and rods (1.4%).

Last edited:

missiles? Radars?

missiles? Radars?

I would not put too much stock in a radar system made in BelaRus. I mean they are not exactly the hotbed of AESA technology....China is more like it for countries like Pakistan and Bangladesh. Just my two cents....

I remember when I was a kid and Soviet Union was intact, we used to get Minsk and Belarus tractors.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom