What's new

US Navy testing Iron man "Jet Pack"

if implemented into an economical, quick detachable and deploy able solution, Imagine the application for special forces. You can flank the enemy like ghosts.

if implemented into an economical, quick detachable and deploy able solution, Imagine the application for special forces. You can flank the enemy like ghosts.
But i think it isn't practical enough and safe enough from armor point of view?

But i think it isn't practical enough and safe enough from armor point of view?
The Iron Man Title is just sensationalism at this point. I am not talking about Soldiers Heading into battle flying and with guns.
I am talking about the mobility to Rapid Response Force to flank enemy positions with such speed and maneuverability. You can drop your teams behind enemies just like that, and look at the ground hugging flight. It would be excellent deployment system and a nightmare for entrenched enemy positions

There is already application developed based on this for SAR, and rapid transport. I think the selling point for this is, with this jet pack, you can get around just about anywhere and everywhere, the mean of transport is no longer bound by the transport vehicle, I mean with this jet pack, you can pop up from inaccessible area like cave without your enemy notice.

Also in this video they claim there are a helmet mount suppression system where you have a movement-aiming weapon system connected to your helmet, and you can use it to fire on enemy position. Which make it suitable for SF force insertion. Or some sort of CSAR scenario.

How about instead of jumping out of a plane and being a sitting duck in the air in a parachute you use one of these to land like a Falcon 9. Will take ballz of steel though. See if the Chinese do it in Taiwan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom