What's new

This plane needs a new "islamic" name

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are very welcome, Jana, as it was your post #98
that inspired my memory.

Tay.

@ mjnaushad
There already exists a Black Shaheen missile in service in the U.A.E.
(extrapolation of the Scalp ).

black_shaheen.jpg

Sorry, mate... unless you put these on your plane???

Almost every piece of Indian Military hardware devleoped in India has its name derived from Mahabharta legends..

Mahabharta is not a cultural tale.. its a religious one... Unless somebody wants to proclaim Hinduism a culture rather than a religion.

Almost every piece of Pakistani military hardware is named after people whom we Indians consider as barbarians (Ghazni,Ghori,Babur) etc..

What is your point?

"You may belong to any religion, caste or creed --that has nothing to do with the business of the State.".. I suppose the one who said this was a nutcase..
India is not secular..
Not in its spirit.
Almost every piece of Indian Military hardware devleoped in India has its name derived from Mahabharta legends..
Mahabharta is not a cultural tale.. its a religious one...
Unless somebody wants to proclaim Hinduism a culture rather than a religion.

this point has been debated many times, names like Prithvi( Earth) , Agni(Fire), Sagarika(Oceanic) refer to the attributes of the weapon system in sanskrit .

For instance SAM missiles like Akash(sky) are so named , Prithvi ( Earth ) is so named because its short Range Surface to surface, Sagarika ( oceanic) because it is an SLBM and so on.

Only the ArjunMBT and the Bhisma T-90 are named after Characters in the mahabharata.

and since when did Mahabharata , an Epic become a religious tale ?
would the Illiad or Odyssey be considered Greek Pagan religious tales ?

if there is serius names give us man dont make fun every were

First of All LOL + ROFL @ ZAKI's suggestion.
Thanks bro :)
On topic
I am surprised no one Named

Shaheen

JF 17 Shaheen

ID-FRESC%20Prairie%20Falcon.jpg
Musarrat Shaheen to ab budhi ho gayi hai yaar

and we are using Shaheen for missiles too - and we shouldn't copy F-16's name of Falcon to our JF-17 too

Only its clone is more than enough - no need to copy its name too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom