What's new

The Wehrmacht In Pictures: A Look At One of History's Legendary Fighting Force

Some footage of life in German occupied France:

@Psychic @Nilgiri @Vergennes

I find the WW2 german uniforms were simply sublime...esp the officers.

I take a natural fancy to the confederate war uniforms too. I guess im a sucker for a good pleasant grey and very clean distinct lines with just the right hint of flair.

Just as I write this.....je ne regrette rien comes on the vid hehe.....perfect timing. Piaf what a voice. That lass is skating at that trocadero area infront of the eiffel tower....didnt know about that @Vergennes ...kinda makes sense tho given the water fountains in the area tho (we do that in Canada a ton too).

I find the WW2 german uniforms were simply sublime...esp the officers.

I take a natural fancy to the confederate war uniforms too. I guess im a sucker for a good pleasant grey and very clean distinct lines with just the right hint of flai
Indeed.

That lass is skating at that trocadero area infront of the eiffel tower....didnt know about that @Vergennes ...kinda makes sense tho given the water fountains in the area tho (we do that in Canada a ton too).
Yeah I was wondering how that happened. I'd expect the water fountain to freeze over in the winter, especially if it's cold enough to freeze ponds into ice rinks.

Loved it! Saw a few instances of the StG-44, and some footage I've never seen before (and I've watched so much now that I think about it).

The bit that always gets me is how they used the Pak40 and Pak 43 in urban environments. I just cant imagine being on the receiving end of that (esp if you are the urban attacking force)...being in a corridor with no real good ability to target from the air/artillery. I remember one general's (I forgot who, but I think British) memoirs who referenced just how many of his lads were lost on average taking out urban well emplaced/positioned Pak guns....to me it more than anything else symbolised the "bitter end" resistance along with the Panzerfaust.

In hindsight it would have been better if the Germans did not commit to 88mm for use in the tiger given its bulk (75mm was better choice in bulk/performance profile, but Hitler intervened in that issue I believe).

Loved it! Saw a few instances of the StG-44, and some footage I've never seen before (and I've watched so much now that I think about it).

The bit that always gets me is how they used the Pak40 and Pak 43 in urban environments. I just cant imagine being on the receiving end of that (esp if you are the urban attacking force)...being in a corridor with no real good ability to target from the air/artillery. I remember one general's (I forgot who, but I think British) memoirs who referenced just how many of his lads were lost on average taking out urban well emplaced/positioned Pak guns....to me it more than anything else symbolised the "bitter end" resistance along with the Panzerfaust.

In hindsight it would have been better if the Germans did not commit to 88mm for use in the tiger given its bulk (75mm was better choice in bulk/performance profile, but Hitler intervened in that issue I believe).
Yeah really intense footage especially with that BG music. This uploader produces great WW2 content.

As regards the PAK guns in urban combat, that really intrigued me as well. Must have been a headache for the crew to haul those things into tight quarters and then make sure the gun had enough solid stability so as not to fire off target due to recoil. Makes modern armies all the more appreciative of man-portable anti-tank systems.

But those Pak's definitely wreaked havoc on unsuspecting tanks and infantry but I could image they had to be destroyed by their crews due to lack of sufficient mobility in urgent company situations.

BTW another interesting video, not exactly Wehrmacht related (some if the footage is though) but couldn't find any other place to post it.

@Psychic @The Sandman

Yeah really intense footage especially with that BG music. This uploader produces great WW2 content.

As regards the PAK guns in urban combat, that really intrigued me as well. Must have been a headache for the crew to haul those things into tight quarters and then make sure the gun had enough solid stability so as not to fire off target due to recoil. Makes modern armies all the more appreciative of man-portable anti-tank systems.

But those Pak's definitely wreaked havoc on unsuspecting tanks and infantry but I could image they had to be destroyed by their crews due to lack of sufficient mobility in urgent company situations.

BTW another interesting video, not exactly Wehrmacht related (some if the footage is though) but couldn't find any other place to post it.

@Psychic @The Sandman

Thanks i subbed to him. Will check everything out later.

The drive to capture the Caucasus oil fields:

wehrmacht-army-group-a-operations.jpg

" I think this war is lost, it may have been since stalingrad. And now the enemy wants to destroy us completely, and he knows that he can, because after all, he's on all fronts deep in our homeland, and he won't But I will continue to fight to the last breath to allow as many people as it is to allow the escape to the west Every day we hold the front here will allow hundreds, even thousands of these poor people to escape. I stand here and fight!"-unknown soldier during the battle of the lower heights, April 16., 1945.

28576433_1190617004404183_8365945440036955158_n.jpg

Intense footage of combat on the Eastern front during the final months of the war. You can see the German refugees fleeing Westwards. It's the first time I've seen this collection of footage.

@Nilgiri @Psychic @Reichsmarschall

Yep lot of new footage for me, the hetzer stuff and cpl other things I have seen before...but the mean tough grunt stuff largely is very new.

HCT is truly a great channel, hope it stays up as long as possible at this rate of YT PC constricting.

Yep lot of new footage for me, the hetzer stuff and cpl other things I have seen before...but the mean tough grunt stuff largely is very new.

HCT is truly a great channel, hope it stays up as long as possible at this rate of YT PC constricting.
Yeah, I'm surprised that none of his videos have been put into the "YouTube prison" thus far. But we'll see.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom