What's new

The Last Synagogue in Pakistan

bet they are regretting it now :p::hitwall:
Ismailis are hardcore nationalists dude
You ever met any of em?

Although Ahmedis like pakistan but absolutely hate what's being done to them, they're not exactly like Ismailis in this regard

For good measure you should also do a post on Qadiani support for the creation of Israel and current Qadianis in Israel and its army.
Qadiani Support in creation of Israel?
Dude Remember our first foreign Minister Zafrullah khan? He was the only resounding voice in UN against Israel in Favor of Palestine. He was a prominent Qadiani. When Sadly all Muslim world was under huge influence of Great Britain and nobody dared spoke in favor of Palestine.
And the Firqan force that fought in 1947 war of Kashmir.
Whatever their religion is and whatever happened after the 70s is a different story.
But it is totally stupid to assume every Mulsim will be Pakistan lover and every Non muslim will demage Pakistan.
Just Take the example of Qadiani Zafrullah Khan and Fighter of Furqaan force against the Muslim Ippi Faqir and Insurgents who attacked Pakistan from Afghanistan.
Read about both groups and decide about this logic.
Hell Compare Doctor Abdul Salam eith Doctor APJ Kalam. I rest my Case

You ever met any of em?

Although Ahmedis like pakistan but absolutely hate what's being done to them, they're not exactly like Ismailis in this regard
His account created My 7 , 2022. And you can study his posts so far for his intentions and his true nationality

Last edited:
Qadiani Support in creation of Israel?
Dude Remember our first foreign Minister Zafrullah khan? He was the only resounding voice in UN against Israel in Favor of Palestine. He was a prominent Qadiani. When Sadly all Muslim world was under huge influence of Great Britain and nobody dared spoke in favor of Palestine.
And the Firqan force that fought in 1947 war of Kashmir.
Whatever their religion is and whatever happened after the 70s is a different story.
But it is totally stupid to assume every Mulsim will be Pakistan lover and every Non muslim will demage Pakistan.
Just Take the example of non Qadiani Zafrullah Khan and Fighter of Furqaan force against the Muslim Ippi Faqir and Insurgents who attacked Pakistan from Afghanistan.
Read about both groups and decide about this logic.
Hell Compare Doctor Abdul Salam eith Doctor APJ Kalam. I rest my Case

His account created My 7 , 2022. And you can study his posts so far for his intentions and his true nationality
Plz read about Qadiani support to creation of Israel through their preachers who wanted to create a good opinion about it among Arabs. I have read it in their history. Secondly they have a base in Israel and are serving in its army. Thirdly, they are loyal to the British Crown that created their sect and not to Pakistan. In reality, they are fifth columnists.

Plz read about Qadiani support to creation of Israel through their preachers who wanted to create a good opinion about it among Arabs. I have read it in their history. Secondly they have a base in Israel and are serving in its army. Thirdly, they are loyal to the British Crown that created their sect and not to Pakistan. In reality, they are fifth columnists.
Sir can you share some material that this sect was originally involved in creation of Israel.
Because Zafrullah Khan was a trusted right hand man of Jinnah and He was a staunch Anti Israel and pro palestine also very prominent Qadiani and arranged the formation of Furqan force to fight in Kashmir war when Royal Pakistan Army high command at that time refused to take part in Kashmir war.
Whatever is happening today is not related to what was the situation in 1947. I am talking about days of Quid e Azam. Not what followed after murder of Pakistani society by Ayub khan , Zulfiqar Ali bhutto and Zia ul Haq.

Sir can you share some material that this sect was originally involved in creation of Israel.
Because Zafrullah Khan was a trusted right hand man of Jinnah and He was a staunch Anti Israel and pro palestine also very prominent Qadiani and arranged the formation of Furqan force to fight in Kashmir war when Royal Pakistan Army high command at that time refused to take part in Kashmir war.
Whatever is happening today is not related to what was the situation in 1947. I am talking about days of Quid e Azam. Not what followed after murder of Pakistani society by Ayub khan , Zulfiqar Ali bhutto and Zia ul Haq.

You ever met any of em?

I have met a lot people dude met this Baloch dude who served in the Army he was disgruntled I met this one dude from Lahore who lost millions investing in property Ahmedis hate Pakistan cant blame them don't really know about other sects cause i don't bring that In normal conversation

all they have PTSD

I have also heard that there is also a Jewish cemetery in Lyari area of Karachi. In fact there is a video on you tube showing that cemetery. must watch that video.

View attachment 738061

View attachment 738062

f3d715fd13d976d9a3ce255718787ca8

yifay

march 5, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Yes many of these Jews came from Maharashtra (the Bene Israel Jews). Others came from Baghdad as traders or from Peshawar (the Jews of Peshawar were originally from Bukhara – Persian Jews). But they lived in Karachi for generations. My great-grandmother Rachaelbai was born there. I wish I could visit. .
chowdhry muhammad ali

july 20, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I read about Rachael bai i think she was mother of Rachael Joseph who was last custodian of Jewish cemetery. They used to speak Gujrati language, Jewish family lived on ground floor of agha building . I know them very well. family migrated to Israel in 1975.

View attachment 738058
There are still Jewish graves in the old gora Qabiristan in Karachi but they are disguised as Protestant graves. Many were damaged by flooding a few years ago.

If you visit the Qabitistan ask for Norbert Desilva he is the last in a line of caretakers that looked after the old war graves and graves of those buried in Pakistan pre and post partition.

1652553298738.png

By
Akhtar Balouch

The Jewish Cemetery

Our next stop was the Jewish cemetery. I asked for help in this regard from my journalist friend Ishaq Baloch. He lives in the Golimar area. He told me the graveyard is looked after by a Baloch family. He further told me he had visited the place once, but the guarding Baloch family allowed him to enter the graveyard only after so much of cajoling; and that, too, without a camera. This was frustrating for me. Ishaq suggested that I speak to the young journalist, Abu Bakar Baloch. Ishaq sahib said that Abu Bakar’s family was on good terms with the Baloch family guarding the cemetery.

I went straight to Abu Bakar and told him how desperate I was to get into the graveyard. He said, “We will go there on Sunday and see what we can do.”

On the decided day, I went to Abu Bakar’s place in Lyari’s Nawa Lane area, whence we went to the Mewa Shah graveyard. There, Abu Bakar pointed out a woman who was selling flower petals at the gate of the Cutchi-Memon graveyard. As soon I went forward and greeted her, she gave me a disgruntled look, sensing immediately that I was not there to buy petals. She said in Urdu, “You cannot go inside.” I looked at Abu Bakar’s face. He spoke in Balochi and told her with whose reference we had come.

Cleaning the branches of a Niazbo (Holy basil), the woman looked at us in disbelief. She then repeated her previous answer in Urdu. However, now her tone was not as hard as it was before. I felt it was the right moment for me to utilise my lifeline of the Balochi language. So, I started talking to her in both our mother tongue, requesting her to let us visit the cemetery.

Her replies, now in Balochi, were directed at me. Almost completely ridding her tone of the sourness she earlier welcomed us with, she said,

People came before you as well. They only took pictures. They had told us they will fix the graveyard; that its boundary wall will be raised. Nothing happened.
“We have raised the walls ourselves, otherwise people would have stolen the marble [from the tombstones],” she said discontentedly.

524c15a10dd36.jpg

The elderly woman told us that the cemetery had more than 500 graves. She also told us that her family had guarded the cemetery for over a century now.

During the conversation, she kept on giving us reason to be disheartened, not once flinching from her stance that we were not to enter the graveyard. I, on the other hand, kept on trying. Finally, teased to her toes, she told us to come by on Monday and meet her son. We were about to take leave, when a man riding a motorcycle entered the scene. It was the woman’s son, Arif. He gave us a quizzical look. His mother told him who we were and the purpose of our visit.

524c1449437df.jpg

Arif was his mother all over again in the beginning, stating firmly, and repeating, that we were not to enter the cemetery. The only difference was that he was way less sour than his mother. I started talking to him in Balochi, trying to convince him. As soon as I noticed traces of wonder and acceptance in his eyes, I reiterated how important it was for me to visit the graveyard. After some reasoning, he finally agreed. He did lay down a condition, however, that only one man could go with him. I accepted without a second thought.

At last, I was standing in the premises of the graveyard. The next round was that of clicking some photos. The graveyard was buried under untamed, thorny vegetation. I slowly took the camera out of my pocket and started taking pictures. Arif saw this and, to my relief, allowed me to take as many pictures as I wanted, since I was his Baloch brother. Meanwhile, he was repeating what his mother had earlier informed us about, adding that he used to clean the graveyard himself. However, last year he had a motorbike accident in which he broke his leg, so the task had become too arduous for him now.

524c144935948.jpg

524c144fa5578.jpg

Arif told me that about a year ago, a man called on him, informing him that some people wanted to meet him at the Sheraton Hotel. Arif went there and met four persons who inquired about the graveyard’s state in detail. They did not visit the place, Arif added. He says some people come by sometime, mostly for photography, while making big, hollow promises. In the end, Arif concludes, nothing happens as usual.

I wondered if the people of Bani Israel should be thankful that the graves of their beloveds in Pakistan were being watched over by a group of Baloch people. Otherwise, it too, would probably meet the same fate as the 'Yahoodi Masjid'.

Akhtar Balouch is a senior journalist, writer and researcher. He is currently a council member of the HRCP. Sociology is his primary domain of expertise, on which he has published several books.

Pakistani family practicing Judaism faces deportation from Israel​

Mael BenolielJanuary 01, 2023, 02:03 PMlatest revision January 01, 2023, 02:58 PM
i24NEWS Correspondent | @MaelBenoliel
4 min read
Sajid and Farah Samuel
i24NEWSSajid and Farah Samuel

Family with a unique history and deep ties to Judaism faces legal hurdles in their quest to convert
Sajid and Farah Samuel are Pakistani refugees who, some three years ago, were forced to flee Karachi with their three children, facing more and more threats because of their Jewish religion, which they had to practice in secret.

You ever met any of em?

this is one of the many reasons why Pakistani people dont like qadiyani.

Last edited:
Once the Jewish community also lived in Karachi.

334111503_601246501435480_675172501955288249_n.jpg

334091609_941885326836103_7380018043464596845_n.jpg

333956114_1556644624746428_9087919640373911723_n.jpg

334147655_920930652687922_8161340112827252052_n.jpg

Karachi...

Genuinely it is a shame Pak has no Jewish community now. If you put the politics to the side for a moment, you get brilliant and very decent people in all nations. It is Paks loss for sure.

Back
Top Bottom