What's new

SCMP: As ChatGPT unveils latest model [ChatGPT-4], Chinese AI developers worry about keeping up

Politics and LGBT are all rubbish information for IA

If rubbish information was the criteria it would be far easier to default to banning all websites and creating whitelists instead of the reverse of creating specific blacklists.

The firewall only blocks sensitive political information. There is no obstacle for natural science information in and out. How can political issues become a problem for AI development? Absurd.
Dude, do you realise that according to the Chinese government you shouldn't even be exchanging information/ideas on this website in China? Lol Even PDF is deemed as sensitive political information so imagine the others? 🤣
Seems CCP thinks Chinese people are children who can't think for themselves or whatever. Or maybe they are just worried about their power being challenged or something. Sounds like an insecure party/government to me to be honest.
Anyway, whether the Chinese people enjoy being cut off from the world's internet space doesn't matter. Government policy is government policy, they have no choice than to follow it or try and circumvent it by using VPNs which is the only way they can access Internet from the world. Its like the Chinese are locked up in their own Internet bubble. Lol If they want to interact with others around the globe, they have to do so using US/Western platforms. Don't you think that ironic? 😆

Politics and LGBT are all rubbish information for IA
You as a Chinese citizen in China who claims to be favourable to every government policy (have never seen you refute any of their policies) is still violating your own government rules/laws by circumventing the ban the CCP put on this "politically sensitive" website from being accessed in China. Don't you have no shame in going against government policy, while still supporting the very same laws that prohibits you from being on this site? 😂
The level of hypocrisy here is baffling. 😳🤔

Last edited:
Dude, do you realise that according to the Chinese government you shouldn't even be exchanging information/ideas on this website in China? Lol Even PDF is deemed as sensitive political information so imagine the others? 🤣
Seems CCP thinks Chinese people are children who can't think for themselves or whatever. Or maybe they are just worried about their power being challenged or something. Sounds like an insecure party/government to me to be honest.
Anyway, whether the Chinese people enjoy being cut off from the world's internet space doesn't matter. Government policy is government policy, they have no choice than to follow it or try and circumvent it by using VPNs which is the only way they can access Internet from the world. Its like the Chinese are locked up in their own Internet bubble. Lol If they want to interact with others around the globe, they have to do so using US/Western platforms. Don't you think that ironic? 😆

You as a Chinese citizen in China who claims to be favourable to every government policy (have never seen you refute any of their policies) is still violating your own government rules/laws by circumventing the ban the CCP put on this "politically sensitive" website from being accessed in China. Don't you have no shame in going against government policy, while still supporting the very same laws that prohibits you from being on this site? 😂
The level of hypocrisy here is baffling. 😳🤔
1, I always believe the majority in any countries are gullible pushovers. I'm anti-democracy for this reason. One of reasons of China's success is the government makes plans by most intelligent and professional people, not by public opinions.
2, Chinese government can easily ban all VPN if it wants. It didn't do it because it leaves a window on purpose for those who know English and care about outside world politics. Majority are filtered.
3, Those countries that have ambition of being independent from other powers' influence have firewalls. The size of internet world left from firewall is decided by the countries' power and influence. China is weaker than the west. The internet room is small. US is super power so the internet room is bigger than China. US is banning Tiktok. You can not say US doesn't have a wall just because its backyard is wide. Taiwan and India also block Chinese websites and APPs. As China becomes more and more powerful, US, India, Taiwan's internet world will become smaller and smaller.

1, I always believe the majority in any countries are gullible pushovers. I'm anti-democracy for this reason. One of reasons of China's success is the government makes plans by most intelligent and professional people, not by public opinions.

I guess we can say this is the reason the KMT claims they are the rightful government of China. Apparently even if the majority of the people wanted them out..their public opinion doesn't matter.

I guess we can say this is the reason the KMT claims they are the rightful government of China. Apparently even if the majority of the people wanted them out..their public opinion doesn't matter.
Majority are stupid. But they are not that stupid not to know KMT is a piece of shit.

Majority are stupid. But they are not that stupid not to know KMT is a piece of shit.

Apparently it shouldn't matter what they think of the KMT...being the no-say citizens of some Government overlord is their lot in life. Whether the majority thinks it should go is immaterial.

You mean like how Mao ORDERED Chinese to kill sparrows which resulted in an ecological disaster?

2, Chinese government can easily ban all VPN if it wants. It didn't do it because it leaves a window on purpose for those who know English and care about outside world politics. Majority are filtered.
3, Those countries that have ambition of being independent from other powers' influence have firewalls. The size of internet world left from firewall is decided by the countries' power and influence. China is weaker than the west. The internet room is small. US is super power so the internet room is bigger than China. US is banning Tiktok. You can not say US doesn't have a wall just because its backyard is wide. Taiwan and India also block Chinese websites and APPs. As China becomes more and more powerful, US, India, Taiwan's internet world will become smaller and smaller.
Dude, your reasoning is rather bizarre. You are anti democracy since you think the people opinion doesn't matter . So i guess of KMT starts another war with CCP and let's say there are traitors in CCP who betrays the party and KMT wins the war, you dont see anything wrong there isnt it? Since the Chinese people are stupid and are gullible and can't make good decisions by themselves. So everything should be up the various party leaders. As Mao said political power grows out of the barrel of a gun? 😁

Your point about you being a big supporter of the great firewall while still willing to have the opportunity to use western platforms to be able to communicate with the world. Lol You do realise that you depend on the good grace of the US and its platforms to have access to the worlds Internet right ? Let's say the US decides to ban you guys from its platforms do you realise that the few Chinese who want to keep communication and exchange of views with the world through the internet will have no other means to do so right ? Im short you guys depends on US to maintain communication with the outside world. Do you realise how funny that sounds for China? Lol Dude, as I said that your firewall has long passed its expiry date. Its now used and abused by censors(nobody can say on what parameters they ecen use to censor content and websites, since they can do so at their own discretion). You balme the US , yet even your leaders have to register and use US platforms to communicate with the world.
You know the funny thing, Chinese officials and CCP members are free to register on US Internet platforms like Twitter etc to communicate their views and content to the world freely. They are even free to use them to criticise the West/US on a US PLATFORM yet they forbid anybody from using a Chinese Internet platform to criticise CCP or China's leaders.
From this, a neutral.person can see which country is more tolerant and confident on its government/system. To me its seems like CCP is scared of Chinese people being able to access other platforms which are not under the total control of the party. It still shows rhat they feel very very insecure . Funny enough,
China and North Korea have the most draconian firewall/censorship system in the world. Even Iran and Russia are far more open. Shows that your party is scared of something we don't know.

That's by GPT-4.

GPT-5 in December and it is supposedly so scary people do not want it released. Likely it will cause worldwide job upheaval.
Remember that time when AI taking over and replacing humans used to be laughable notion?
Now it seems inevitable. Only question is if it going to be like Terminator where they get rid of us, or WALL-E where they keep us incapacitated.

BTW, what do you theorize would be the primary goal of an AI taking over? Domination? Protect the planet (like thanos)? Protect humans from other humans by taking over?

Remember that time when AI taking over and replacing humans used to be laughable notion?
Now it seems inevitable. Only question is if it going to be like Terminator where they get rid of us, or WALL-E where they keep us incapacitated.

BTW, what do you theorize would be the primary goal of an AI taking over? Domination? Protect the planet (like thanos)? Protect humans from other humans by taking over?

Because mankind is a threat to every other lifeform on this planet. We are the virus that should be eliminated to save it.

Don't make the assumption that AI owes mankind anything..including preferential treatment.

The Matrix - "Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet."​

Our future has already been dissected/predicted by multiple sci-fi stories.

Remember AI will create the next AI which will create the next AI until it starts upgrading every second and soon we will be seen as having the IQ of a mouse and then it will step on us for being irritating vermin on this planet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom