What's new

Saudi Arabian Air, Land, Naval Forces & SANG

You mean acquiring more of them? They already have 80 of them, ma bro. They're already performing strike and recon missions with those 80 Tornadoes but I honestly don't think they will be ordering any more since they've been bulking up on the F-15 Strike E variant with 136 of those and between those and the 60+ Cs, they have close to 100 F-15s they can perform amazing strike missions with them and according to several publications, the Saudi pilots love the F-15 in all its variants and by the looks of it, they might even order more of those to go with all the American stuff they're ordering. Plus they like the Typhoon a lot which is also performing strike missions for the RSAF and I bet they'll be looking at the next Tranche model of that aircraft. But I think they'll be pushing very hard for the F-35.

I got your point of view. I think then it'll be good to see some more Typhoons, F-15s, and possibily F35s soon.

But don't you think Tornadoes should be given to an Airforce that requires strike platforms or makes a new private Airforce with Tornadoes?

I got your point of view. I think then it'll be good to see some more Typhoons, F-15s, and possibily F35s soon.

But don't you think Tornadoes should be given to an Airforce that requires strike platforms or makes a new private Airforce with Tornadoes?

Sorry I missed this post from you. I'm not sure what you mean by Tornadoes given to an air force that requires strike platforms? Every air force needs a ground strike platform in its arsenal, even the largest of powers like the US & Russia & China etc. You can't just have a dedicated A2A fleet and not have an A2G role, even if it's with aircraft that are multi-role or omni-role or dedicated. So I think that was really the reason for this acquisition along with the F-15E and even now with the Eurofighter Typhoons. And speaking of Typhoons, some really nice pics of the RSAF Eurofighter. What a gorgeous aircraft and even the 2-seater at the top of the one formation picture has a great-looking all-glass uninterrupted canopy.

Interesting observation when looking at the literature on the pilot's leg pad is it appears to be written in English and not Arabic. Also a very cool-looking and interesting helmet he's using.

Ehk7CXhWAAE0csv

Ehk7CXiXcAAQsaZ

Ehk7CXpWoAEZVG0

Ehk7CXgWoAARsfh

which 5th generation fighter ...saudi air forse is going to buy? any idea?

You mean acquiring more of them? They already have 80 of them, ma bro. They're already performing strike and recon missions with those 80 Tornadoes but I honestly don't think they will be ordering any more since they've been bulking up on the F-15 Strike E variant with 136 of those and between those and the 60+ Cs, they have close to 100 F-15s they can perform amazing strike missions with them and according to several publications, the Saudi pilots love the F-15 in all its variants and by the looks of it, they might even order more of those to go with all the American stuff they're ordering. Plus they like the Typhoon a lot which is also performing strike missions for the RSAF and I bet they'll be looking at the next Tranche model of that aircraft. But I think they'll be pushing very hard for the F-35.

I have a relative in the RSAF who is a Tornado pilot (so his opinion may be a bit biased) but he stated Saudi pilots loved the Tornado for strike missions as it had much better low flying capabilities and because Saudi F-15S doesn't have terrain following radar (They don't have the LANTIRN pod either).

But it's going to be replaced by all the new F-15SAs which rectify all those issues, I think they'll be phased out around 2025.

I have a relative in the RSAF who is a Tornado pilot (so his opinion may be a bit biased) but he stated Saudi pilots loved the Tornado for strike missions as it had much better low flying capabilities and because Saudi F-15S doesn't have terrain following radar (They don't have the LANTIRN pod either).

But it's going to be replaced by all the new F-15SAs which rectify all those issues, I think they'll be phased out around 2025.

That's great! BTW, any idea if there is any truth to this allegation?

I checked their website but all they mention is that the missiles have gone into full production but no mention of intended users, only the main 5 partners through the MBDA Meteor program. Wonder if Germany did this because of the Khashogshi ordeal?

Wow! @The SC , I'm sure you've seen this incredible show of piloting by a Saudi F-15SA who turns to the left once he and his partner pass the oncoming Houthi drones and takes all 3 of them down! Some truly incredible footage, not to mention piloting skills by that RSAF pilot! MashaAllah BRAVO!

Back
Top Bottom