What's new

SAC FC-31 Stealth Fighter: News & Discussions

Nice to see it still alive...:-)

Alive? This is basically PLANAF endorsing the platform as the next carrier borne aircraft.

We are still not sure if the Chinese military wants this plane or not. It has been 9 years and only 2 prototypes. If everything was going at full pace then we would have been making plans to order this plane. The start of 100 Pak specs Fc31s (AZM) induction by 2030 would have been a real joy, then 2nd 5th generation would have been Tfx when its ready.

Lol. Chill, take a deep breath, and be patient. This bird has full backing from PLANAF and going by JH-7’s precedence, PLAAF may acquire it as well.

I am kind of disappointed, so basically they put this piece of crap on China's first heavy CV, in the age of long-range anti-ship missiles?

The only reason I believe is that this is a werefare effects to keep SAC/601 afloat.

I am kind of disappointed, so basically they put this piece of crap on China's first heavy CV, in the age of long-range anti-ship missiles?

The only reason I believe is that this is a werefare effects to keep SAC/601 afloat.

why build carriers at all in the age of these missiles?

to me it seems they’re just challenging themselves to make all these technologies rather than thinking about actually using them

to me it seems they’re just challenging themselves to make all these technologies rather than thinking about actually using them
  • Power projection for/against small countries.
  • For super power like the US, you still need to drive the fleet to strategic hot spots to create some face to face confrontations to US force, then you can think of launching ASBM attacks if they fire the first shot.
  • For Taiwan it is particularly good to use carriers including LHDs to create a no-fly zone to help landing operations.

Well, offence and defence

Just because you have anti-tank missiles, doesn't mean you don't need tanks anymore.

PLANAF backing is great news...means a potent combat plane will emerge in time. Lets hope JF-17 B3 can keep the PAF competitive enough until these new birds are ready.:pop:

It's really fat now. Probably to meet PLANAF requirements for internal weapons bay volume. Doubt the plan can super cruise.

We are still not sure if the Chinese military wants this plane or not. It has been 9 years and only 2 prototypes. If everything was going at full pace then we would have been making plans to order this plane. The start of 100 Pak specs Fc31s (AZM) induction by 2030 would have been a real joy, then 2nd 5th generation would have been Tfx when its ready.
If Pakistan confirm dump in USD 2-3 billion , surely this project will have kick started earlier....
It's really fat now. Probably to meet PLANAF requirements for internal weapons bay volume. Doubt the plan can super cruise.
The new WS-19 engine has thrust more than 10000kg with after burner and its ready for production this years. More powerful than RD-93MA and F414.

All superpower need a few aircraft carrier. To intimidate hostile small nation and project air defense and offense beyond shore. They are vulnerable against modern anti-ship means but only a sizable and modern fleet can penetrate CV fleet.

If Pakistan confirm dump in USD 2-3 billion , surely this project will have kick started earlier....
It is nothing about Pakistan.

FC-31 is just a technology demonstrator of SAC.

It is impossible for China to develop two completely different 5th-generation fighters almost at the same time. After the mass producton of J-20, it is J-XX's turn.

It is nothing about Pakistan.

FC-31 is just a technology demonstrator of SAC.

It is impossible for China to develop two completely different 5th-generation fighters almost at the same time. After the mass producton of J-20, it is J-XX's turn.
If Pakistan dump in money, this project can kick start much earlier. Shenyang desperately need investment since during early stage of this project when PLAAF and PLANAF not interested. SAC flies this plane(FC-31) in Airshow trying hard to get investor for this project.

If Pakistan dump in money, this project can kick start much earlier. Shenyang desperately need investment since during early stage of this project when PLAAF and PLANAF not interested.
NO NO NO
Pakistan can't afford the project alone. It is much much more expensive than the project of JF-17/FC-1.

And IMO, the development model like JF-17/FC-1 is impossible in the future.

Back
Top Bottom