What's new

PLAAF & PLANAF H-6 Long Range Bomber thread

GUEST AUTHOR: Rick Joe
Rick Joe is an American, a longtime follower of Chinese military developments, with a focus on air and naval platforms.
Also basically
a doctor. (from his Twitter info @RickJoe_PLA)

Note: I feel rather amazed that he has a background education as a doctor (I assume the "doctor" here equals to MD) :D no wonder his composure is particularly cool and calm (for those who aren't familiar with the author, he's better known with his moniker: Bltizo in forum -- a super moderator in SDF).
I just noticed this portion of his articles (even though I've been following him for years). Didn't know Blitzo is American (thought he was Australian?) and also didn't know he was a doctor. I guess you learn something new everyday.

H-6 made its maiden flight on December 24, 1968
1.JPG

H-6 made its maiden flight on December 24, 1968
View attachment 699536
The H-6 made its maiden fight on December 24, 1968

Today, on December 24, 1968, the first flight of H-6 aircraft was successful. The H-6 plane is a high-subsonic medium-range medium-sized bomber manufactured by China in the 1950s after copying the Soviet Union's Tu-16 bomber. It is mainly used to carry out conventional or nuclear bombing missions against the enemy's strategic targets. After the successful trial production of H-6 aircraft, according to the needs of aviation technology, weapon system development and national defense construction, more than ten models of H-6 aerial test bed, H-6 electronic jammer, H-6, H-6H, H-6M, H-6G and H-6K and so on have been improved and developed successively.

Just a different question regarding the 20th Division:
Scramble lists 6 H-6A being once assigned to the 20th Division, when it was a Bomber Division but I don't know a single image of a 20th Division H-6A.

Does anyone know one?

If you get the answer then some IND may make loud noises in the internet, spread over quickly back to lousy IND media even becomes the politicking kabuki in Delhi :blah:, which serves no good for border calmness between the two. Let 'em keep on guessing as they wish :D
does it matter? we put our arms anywhere; currently india is provoking with insane claims against china (perhaps after US drove india against china); so we killed dozens of indians on boder; and we can kill more if india provokes further; I strongly support our government put many arms anywhere necessary

Back
Top Bottom