What's new

PLA Navy Marine Corps News & Discussions

Are these really Marines? the camouflage of the IFVs are more Army-like!
I think they are marines. The troops deployed to Djibouti are Marines and Navy.

Translation of the article:
Djibouti supply base conducts live fire drills with wartime combat equipment

On May 12th local time, Djibouti supply base conducted live fire drills to inspect tactical capabilities of the equipment, improve the ability of officers and solders to respond quickly for counter attack and anti-terrorism operations in high temperatures.

At 8am, the drill officially began. Officers and soldiers withstood over 40 degree Celsius temperatures, with "anti-terrorism" as the background of exercises, carried out armed group, shock manoeuvre, multi-pronged pursuits, coordinated heavy and light firepower firefighting, totalling 15 subjects, using various types of weapons to accurately strike "terrorist" targets.

This drill is to explore high intensity live combat exercise in Djibouti's hot season. It has comprehensively prompted combat command, coordinated communications, logistical support, equipment support. It has challenged the limits, honed the will, enhanced the confidence and ability of officers and solders to perform their duties effectively.

More than 100 pupils from Djibouti visited our Djibouti support base.

On the morning of May 13th local time, more than 100 elementary school students from Djibouti visited our Djibouti support base to experience China's first overseas support base at close proximity.

This event was jointly initiated by the Djibouti Armed Forces General Staff Department and Ministry of Education. It aims to enhance Djibouti elementary students' understanding of Chinese culture and the Chinese military, promote the communication between local citizens and the Chinese troops stationed in Djibouti, and continue the friendship between the two peoples.

Seeing all these training make me think that they are doing a lot of mock battle. That's why I'm curious about the result. Who win, who lost.

Back
Top Bottom