What's new

Featured Pakistan's Shahpar II UAV Unveiled

Who said war on terror has ended? Abhi tu Taliban aa kar baithay hain next door kuch arsay baad apko pata chalay ga terrorism hota kya hai. Aj kal Noor Wali Mehaood killer of APS childern Badri Brigade ki full protocol mein phir raha hai.

You are overrating someone that is entirely irrelevant Pakistan has other greater things to worry about meaning war on terror has officially ended sometime ago now.. That ship has sailed but we have other form of terror to focus on called Bharat we divert our attention to it.. There is legitimate terror from there that needs to be dealt with and eventually even prepare an intervention if it somehow explods on itself

I gotta say I have read alot of questionable posts that are on the verge off insanity but this is one of them. Not only will IEA assist they will take front stage against any outfall with India they are by no means threat but an strengthening stragetic depth and one that is valuble the land is very good for war because it is a natural fortress nothing can breach the landscape including the people who dwell there are stragetic depth as big as the landscape itself.

When these zombies come in charging you let loose one of your hidden hands into the main frontline and watch how they will work the gangus you will be amazed.. I am talking about a well armed and heavily equipped IEA they can field approx 1m men. We attack as in from multiple fronts.. They will beat the Indians to black and blue. Just like what happened when Marthas got cocky Abdali was called in with just few of his boys the rest is history. They are just born fighters and you need that juice injected thru your veins and control it to your advantage.

If Pakistan weakens her own stragetic depth and one day that front on the Indian side gets opened and if you lose you will exit the history books all together the Indians are a vicious enemy they will not leave even one pregnant Pakistani woman standing. To assume at such point that IEA is a thraet is basically juvenile train of thought but with Afghanistan on your side you get the capability to do better offensive charge then previously. It is like Pakistan taking horse anabolic steriods. Throwing in these battle hardened Pathans into the frontline is part of the sinister plan to kill the buffalo in such global wars the stakes are high and defeat is not an option everything that can grant you a stragetic advantage is taken without hesition.

This is pretty stupid take. We don't need Taliban to take on India, so called strategic depth was a myth in the age of nuclear bombs. India couldn't beat "west" Pakistan in 1965 and 1971 so forgot about now. What we do need is for taliban to keep promise of not allowing TTP and BLA to live and roam freely in Afghanistan. So far they have yet to implement this.

Even dim wit generals in GHQ now know that their days of living on free plots of DHA are coming to an end as national economy is tanking. Hence why they shifted to geoeconomics and not geopolitics. Pakistan need security in KP and Balochistan to develop these regions which isn't possible if terrorist keep finding safe heaven across the border.

This is pretty stupid take. We don't need Taliban to take on India, so called strategic depth was a myth in the age of nuclear bombs. India couldn't beat "west" Pakistan in 1965 and 1971 so forgot about now. What we do need is for taliban to keep promise of not allowing TTP and BLA to live and roam freely in Afghanistan. So far they have yet to implement this.

Even dim wit generals in GHQ now know that their days of living on free plots of DHA are coming to an end as national economy is tanking. Hence why they shifted to geoeconomics and not geopolitics. Pakistan need security in KP and Balochistan to develop these regions which isn't possible if terrorist keep finding safe heaven across the border.

That horse anabolic steroid gives a huge booster in stragetic advantage.. So No we need stragetic depth and it is not a myth. There are to many laymen in military matters around here. This discussion has become unintelligible and war occurs in the realistic domain. Advantages are real and cunningness is key

Last edited:
The Shahpar-2 is not the PAF MALE-AZM project. The shahpar-2 is almost identical to the latest version of the CH-3 drones. Pakistan is getting 100 CH-4 and WL-2 drones as well, so its only natural that they be backed by a similar number of burraqs & shahpur 2s. We are also going to be producing ANKA drones in house very soon. Pakistan is going to have a very very large drone force within the next 5 years.

PAFs MALE-AZM drone will more than likely be similar to Turkeys ANKA drone. NESCOM and TAI signed an agreement for this a few months back.

Like ive said before many times. We dont know the detailed specifics of Project AZM but it appears the PAF is leveraging its ties with key vendors such as TAI and CAC to jointly develop COTS products within Pakistan according to our needs.

all surveillance drones can be used as suicide drones by adding in a few kilograms of explosives.
Sure, but adding such payloads reduces range and increases fuel consumption, as it makes them heavier.

The Shahpar-2 is not the PAF MALE-AZM project. The shahpar-2 is almost identical to the latest version of the CH-3 drones. Pakistan is getting 100 CH-4 and WL-2 drones as well, so its only natural that they be backed by a similar number of burraqs & shahpur 2s. We are also going to be producing ANKA drones in house very soon. Pakistan is going to have a very very large drone force within the next 5 years.

PAFs MALE-AZM drone will more than likely be similar to Turkeys ANKA drone. NESCOM and TAI signed an agreement for this a few months back.

Like ive said before many times. We dont know the detailed specifics of Project AZM but it appears the PAF is leveraging its ties with key vendors such as TAI and CAC to jointly develop COTS products within Pakistan according to our needs.

Actually, the CH3 is a copy of the Burraq. Raja Khan, CEO of Integrated Dynamics, revealed the Burraq was locally developed off a 1970s kit plane designed by the legendary Burt Rutan. China was asked to help rig the Burraq with missiles but then copied the designed and exported it as the CH3. Shahpar-2 is of the same design lineage as Burraq which in turn is based on the Rutan VariEze.

Actually, the CH3 is a copy of the Burraq. Raja Khan, CEO of Integrated Dynamics, revealed the Burraq was locally developed off a 1970s kit plane designed by the legendary Burt Rutan. China was asked to help rig the Burraq with missiles but then copied the designed and exported it as the CH3. Shahpar-2 is of the same design lineage as Burraq which in turn is based on the Rutan VariEze.
would be nice If you could plz share the link it is one very important piece of info.

Thnx

I am amazed that these drones are not employed on our borders. What's the point of tech when our jawaans are being picked off and b4 we can respond the terrorists are long gone

Something to think about:
Shahpar-I is powered by a 100hp Rotax 912 according to official specifications:
View attachment 797787
and a look at the aircraft's rear shows the engine taking up all of the space:
View attachment 797788

Now compare this to the rear end of Shahpar-II:
View attachment 797789
Shahpar-II is certainly much bigger, as we've already established, but look at how small the propeller cone looks relative to the airframe. Yes, the propeller disk is larger than Shahpar-I but you can see a lot of empty space in there. Furthermore, the airscoop is pretty large with an exhaust at the back. What I strongly suspect is that CURRENTLY Shahpar-II is being powered by the Rotax 912 from the Shahpar-I and that it has been designed with a larger engine in mind. This is speculation.

Furthermore, based on PAC's MALE's internal view here:
View attachment 797797
there is a section clearly designed for SATCOM but it is currently NOT installed. I believe the same is true for Shahpar-II. It is safe to assume that our SATCOM capability is not online yet. Therefore, Shahpar-II's (speculated) 100 hp engine isn't powering a SATCOM dish - and it probably can't. Yet another reason that I believe that Shahpar-II has been designed with a larger engine in mind.

Now the length and wingspan of this UAV is quite similar to TB-2. Furthermore, TB-2 is also powered by a 100hp engine, so it makes a natural comparison. Some specifications stick out:
Length - Wingspan [m]Engine Power [bhp]Payload [kg]Endurance

[TH]MTOW [kg][/TH]

[TR]
[TD]Shahpar-II[/TD]
[TD]6.2 - 9 to 12[/TD]
[TD]100[/TD]
[TD]120 + 50[/TD]
[TD]14 (unarmed variant for best case)[/TD]
[TD]850[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Bayraktar TB2[/TD]
[TD]6.5 - 12[/TD]
[TD]100[/TD]
[TD]150[/TD]
[TD]27 (probably in clean configuration)[/TD]
[TD]650[/TD]
[/TR]

The airframes are similar in size but Shahpar-II is a good 200 kg heavier and has HALF the endurance. You could put this out to very primitive airframe design but I doubt that that is the case here. I know that pretty advanced/contemporary techniques are used for Shahpar-II. What is more likely is that Shahpar-II is currently flying with an undersized (for it) engine.

All of this would explain:
1. Why Shahpar-II has such a low endurance - it has to operate near or at maximum setting throttle, making it fuel inefficient.
2. Why Shahpar-II has a high MTOW - for reason 1 it has to carry more fuel to achieve a half-decent endurance

The fact that 50 kg internal payload is listed for Shahpar-II is also interesting. Part of this might be used for the future SATCOM installation.

So don't be shocked if in a couple of years we see a Shahpar-IIA or Shahpar-III that is a reengined Shahpar-II with an actual SATCOM. This isn't any insider info - just an educated guess on my part :)
You were correct, what's your opinions on the latest specs?

1676833962982.png

1676834484262.png

So SATCOM capable too
I am amazed that these drones are not employed on our borders. What's the point of tech when our jawaans are being picked off and b4 we can respond the terrorists are long gone
We face an insurgency it's the best way to also give your indigenous tech some spotlight.

Shahpar Block 2-2 can get a spotlight

Last edited:
GIDS has announced Block-II of its Shahpar-II UCAV on its website. With two additional hardpoints the new UCAV will now carry 04 Burq Missiles. In competition with Turkish TB-2 acquired by PAF, the new Shahpar will be pitched to Army Aviation for use in its CT Operations.

Back
Top Bottom