What's new

Featured Pakistan's Shahpar II UAV Unveiled

maybe as demonstrated by Integrated Dynamics?

1638208727118.jpeg

Garbage drones

In what world this looks garbage? Do you know amount of efforts it takes to reach capability to build shahpar 2 in house? We have effectively reached level to manufacture MQ1 predator type UCAV considering 10 years ago we were begging Yankees to provide us the very same drones. Please dont diss hard work of some of the brightest people in Pakistan in such a callous way.

A rough size comparison based on official specs of Shahpar-I from brochures and Shahpar-II pictures on 23rd march:
1638210676334.png

Shahpar-I (Official Specs from GIDS Brochure)Shahpar-II (Guesstimates from Pixel Counting)
Length4.2 m6.1 m
Wingspan6.6 m9.6 m
(assuming the ratio between length and winspan is the same)

Their similar design is deceptive and makes it look like they are the same size but evidently the Shahpar-II is much larger (as expected).

Here's the Burq/AR-1 next to both and it kind of suggests Shahpar-I was too small to handle the AR-1:
1638210633768.png

and what about progress on the PAC's Karrar UAV and NESCOM's Anka
Oh Karrar, is that what it's called? I didn't know. Which should tell you that I know little about that effort.

NESCOM's Anka might just be a workshare type agreement. I don't know if NESCOM is planning to produce the entire thing in Pakistan.
maybe as demonstrated by Integrated Dynamics?

View attachment 797621
That was my thought too but very very clearly the Shahpar-II does not have a cockpit. Maybe they are saying hey, we can develop a version like that. Totally weird to put that as in option in the marketing.

Or maybe this is the poor man's satcom lol. Take that SATCOM hump and put Havaldar Sattar in there. Get it? Sattar-Com lol

It looks like it is a large enough drone for Overwatch duties of convoys in areas of higher potential miscreants, or for patrols along the borders, where potential smugglers (of contraband to anti-state groups) maybe active.

How much different is this from burraq drone? They both can carry only 2 barq missile and shahpar II armed version can only stay in the air for 7 hrs. So how big of a upgrade is it from the already existing burraq drone the army had?

Oh Karrar, is that what it's called? I didn't know. Which should tell you that I know little about that effort.

NESCOM's Anka might just be a workshare type agreement. I don't know if NESCOM is planning to produce the entire thing in Pakistan.

That was my thought too but very very clearly the Shahpar-II does not have a cockpit. Maybe they are saying hey, we can develop a version like that. Totally weird to put that as in option in the marketing.

Or maybe this is the poor man's satcom lol. Take that SATCOM hump and put Havaldar Sattar in there. Get it? Sattar-Com lol

fun little thing to throw into the mix, iirc the italians were providing operators with their drones 🤔

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom