What's new

Pakistan’s PL-15 Missile Equipped JF-17 Block 3 is a Serious Game Changer - How India Can Respond to

Maybe so. But proof of pudding is in the eating!

The current best plane (Rafale) in IAF will find it extremely difficult to avoid PL-15 launched against it, even in dense EW environment, it's AESA seeker is better than what Meteor have and with dual pulse rocket motor it will be very fast, agile too, it will be game over for the plane it's fired against, only very well trained and highly coordinated effort from multiple systems will allow survival.

Is there any indication that Pakistan has already purchased PL-15? as in news of orders, delivery, trade registers etc.
(I know it’s possible that it has happened as is being kept secret for obvious reasons, but I’m just confirming if there is any public confirmation about it.)

Is there any indication that Pakistan has already purchased PL-15? as in news of orders, delivery, trade registers etc.
(I know it’s possible that it has happened as is being kept secret for obvious reasons, but I’m just confirming if there is any public confirmation about it.)

In fact - and in contrary to the PL-10E, that indeed has been seen on a Block 3 prototype - nothing is confirmed. We haven't even seen a PL-15 on an JF-17.

Wouldnt the range on the pl15 be limited considering how the klj7a aesa radar has a range of 200km(?) and the missile has 300km
PL15 300km range ? maybe in a near ballistic trajectory, without nearly no energy at the end, ie without no possibility to reach even a slow moving target.
The usefull range is far far more shorter. 50km?

PL15 300km range ? maybe in a near ballistic trajectory, without nearly no energy at the end, ie without no possibility to reach even a slow moving target.
it has two rocket mirrors, do the math.

In fact - and in contrary to the PL-10E, that indeed has been seen on a Block 3 prototype - nothing is confirmed. We haven't even seen a PL-15 on an JF-17.
Well i do think JF will be getting PL-15, but I think there’s still work to be done integrating it with the radar and other systems. We may see it in time. It’s the natural progression for the aircraft after all. Plus we’ve had many indications about it, and other sources like Kaiser Tufail confirm it, Kaiser is known to not speak things he doesn’t believe are true.

Though We’ve seen so little of the JF block 3 that it not being seen with PL-15 may simply be down to us not having seen much of it in general. We’ve seen it on 4 occasions only (and 2 of them in this past week) and only Twice it has been armed. Once in first flight with PL5 and once with PL-10. So its highly likely they just haven't shown it yet, and though there were clear news of orders and deliveries (in trade registers) regarding the previous missile purchases, they can easily be hidden as well.

At the end of the day, I’ll only believe it when I see it.

Well i do think JF will be getting PL-15, but I think there’s still work to be done integrating it with the radar and other systems. We may see it in time. It’s the natural progression for the aircraft after all. Plus we’ve had many indications about it, and other sources like Kaiser Tufail confirm it, Kaiser is known to not speak things he doesn’t believe are true.

Though We’ve seen so little of the JF block 3 that it not being seen with PL-15 may simply be down to us not having seen much of it in general. We’ve seen it on 4 occasions only (and 2 of them in this past week) and only Twice it has been armed. Once in first flight with PL5 and once with PL-10. So its highly likely they just haven't shown it yet, and though there were clear news of orders and deliveries (in trade registers) regarding the previous missile purchases, they can easily be hidden as well.

At the end of the day, I’ll only believe it when I see it.

As we say here, Amen to this! 😇

I think there is indeed no question the Block 3 WILL get the PL-15, simply since nothing else would make sense, but at least by now, nothing is confirmed (and even less by an image).

Last edited:

yea you knowmore than US DoD intel thanks for sharing

😎🤪🧐

dude we are not talking about your Mica, all respected defense websites like janes defense weekly/Flight global/Aviation weekly saying that PL15 have range of 150 to 200 km and comparable to AMRAAM D LOL

dude we are not talking about your Mica, all respected defense websites like janes defense weekly/Flight global/Aviation weekly saying that PL15 have range of 150 to 200 km and comparable to AMRAAM D LOL
No.
Because the "marketing" range is mesured in the best possible situation : fired from high altitude from a supersonic fighter, against a 0 G moving target flying low. It's a kind of semi ballistic flight, wjth the missile arriving with quite no more energy (so unable to catch a moving target).
On the other hand, you have the No Escape Zone.
Between the two, it depends of : the respective altitude of friend and foe, the agility of the target, the speed at which the missile was fired...
A so called 150 to 200km range is in a perfect situation against a fling straight target. A 0,0001% usefull range

If PL15 has a range comparable to AMRAAM D, and Meteor has greater legs than the former, does it mean Meteor has a 300km range? big doubt.

LOL all right you false flag Indian ànd same goes to your meteor, for fighter jets meteor has a range of similar to pl-15 300 km range is misquoted by some fanboys for both ( meteor/ pl-15 )

Ànd meteor has more drag because of its intakes whereas pl-15 is more streamlined than meteor ànd no BVR is fire at Max range so in term of performance both are same ànd i said that if pl-15 has a range of 200 km it can easily hits its maneuverable targets at 100- 150 km in range
Stop with indian flag. I'm french, final point.
More drag on Meteor? yes. But Meteor has not to carry oxydizer as all the classical powder engine missile. Including your black star PL15. It's full load of powder is fuel. Oxydizer is load free.
MBDA has a far more experience in the tactical missile than chinese. It's not without VERY GOOD REASONS they decided to use a powder stato instead of classical powder engine (with one or two stages) for a BVR missile.
At the contrary they decided to use a classical booster (2 stages) for MICA NG, as it is not intended to reach same long range, and more a short to medium range.

I understand China is your partner, but your patriotism must not blind you.

Anything. Left from your barking, ànd you're Indian predenting to be french ànd bring something new everything you post I already know

Stop this insulting BS! :hitwall: Only since he has a certain opinion that does not fit yours and that he eventually likes Indian curry - by the way, me too - gives you in no way the right to repeatedly and constantly call him a falseflagger, that's in fact insulting!

Post reported.

Stop this insulting BS! :hitwall: Only since he has a certain opinion that does not fit yours and that he eventually likes Indian curry - by the way, me too - gives you in no way the right to repeatedly and constantly call him a falseflagger, that's in fact insulting!

Post reported.

Believe me, us Pakistanis are super sensitive at detecting Indians. And this Bon Plan guy increasingly seems like an Indian, or having Indian background.

You should stick to Rafale fantasy and refrain from commenting on topics that are beyond your repertoire. There were no multistatic radar in operation anywhere near the F117 shootdown.

what do mean by hang the target :lol: ? Multistatic arrangement is fixed, requires large compute resources and are susceptible to deception* and is significantly degraded when even one node in the network is compromised. It is useful for protecting fixed strategic targets e.g. military base.

The F117 Nighthawk incident was a combination of operational complacency and a patient and clever enemy who studied F117 operational routine and through observation of US airbases knew precisely when the aircraft would fly overhead for them to take a unguided shot. The US lost one in 38000 sorties, if LO and the F-117 was vulnerable the Serbs would have shot down many US aircraft - they shot down two, one F16 and one F117.

Oh now it's your turn :). I've spent a lot of time with similar discussions on the subject. Sadly, all logic turns into more arguments. It's like talking to a wall that doesn't listen....I gave up a while ago.

Back
Top Bottom