What's new

Pakistan's Energy & Water - News and Updates

I heard the coal in Pakistan is BETTER QUALITY then the one imported :taz:

Please don't say anything which u don't have any idea...ur making urself a clown and the forum a low quality..Leave it to experts..PLEASE !!!

don't worry mate china and India are still using a lot more Coal comparing to Pakistan and even after 10 - 50 years they will be using more coal than comparing to Pakistan :rolleyes: and the demand for coal is not going to finish in 1 day...........it will take centuries or probably will never finish :lol:
hope ur aware abt the recent summit when INDIA & China was isolated by all the western countries...

hope ur aware abt the recent summit when INDIA & China was isolated by all the western countries...

but the fact will remain true that nations will not stop using Coal anytime soon. Do you think the China will stop producing 2300+ million tones of Coal per year in a day? or will USA stop producing 1 billion tons of coal per year? and that is increasing every year :cool:

No matter what the world is using coal in huge numbers and it cannot stop relying coal all of a sudden. It needs a very long period to gradually shift from Coal into another energy resources. They nations will continue using it unless cheaper alternative is not available

well i can partially agree with that but i can remember several projects being cancelled due to Lack of infrastructure in thar deserts and the heavy machinery. I remember there was an MOU signed between Private Chinese company i think that later on stepped back saying there is no infrastructure like roads in that thar area and they will have to import heavy machineries from China due to non availability of such machines in Pakistan and that is almost impossible because of poor roads/infrastructure and resources and the federal government was not willing to co-operate because of lack of funds. Until these issues are not resolved it is going to be difficuilt for us to utilize Coal resources.

21st century Sir....... the technology is available to utilize the very same coal and generate electricity. Dr Samar Mubarakmand even presented a different idea that we will dig like 100-200 feets and plant something inside i can't remember and use coal as a Gas :woot: so that we can utilize this coal into different other projects too

1. Sir, for ur kind information i also live in 21st century, the technology you are talking about "to use in future" is already there in India and we are extracting gas from it. Recently government of India have launched a very large extracting of gas from Coal it is one of the largest, such project in the world.

2. In India we have coal reserve larger than pakistan still we import coal because majority of our coal is having high ash content from 15%-40%.

3. I used India's example to make u understand the whole thing and to suggest i'm not posting just sake of posting.

Back to the pakistan coal, foreign coal will be better by every standards.

4. One more point, i have said in my previous post using pakistani coal uneconomical for pakistan.

And u confuse it with technology.

5. By the way if u import coal from any country it will do no harm to ur gas reserve in domestic coal, u can still extract gas and use it for pakistan, no need to extract ur coal just use gas it will be economical.

i hope u get my point

thanks

I think there are ways to dry the high moisture coal and think it would be best for Pakistan to look for ways to utilize Thar Coals than to depend on imported Coal/Gas.
I came accross this article its a nice read and I think there are ways to dry the coal in cost effective way now.
Laboratory Equipment - Coal Drying Extracts More Energy

i have not said that there are no way to dry the coal what i have said it is uneconomical. You can buy the coal mines in different countries as china and India are doing.

1. Sir, for ur kind information i also live in 21st century, the technology you are talking about "to use in future" is already there in India and we are extracting gas from it. Recently government of India have launched a very large extracting of gas from Coal it is one of the largest, such project in the world.

2. In India we have coal reserve larger than pakistan still we import coal because majority of our coal is having high ash content from 15%-40%.

3. I used India's example to make u understand the whole thing and to suggest i'm not posting just sake of posting.

Back to the pakistan coal, foreign coal will be better by every standards.

4. One more point, i have said in my previous post using pakistani coal uneconomical for pakistan.

And u confuse it with technology.

5. By the way if u import coal from any country it will do no harm to ur gas reserve in domestic coal, u can still extract gas and use it for pakistan, no need to extract ur coal just use gas it will be economical.

i hope u get my point

thanks

oh well i am not aware about India extracting gas from coal but you are wrong about India having more reserves of Coal than Pakistan. Ignore the wikipedia page and few other outdated sources.

And yes they are not economical when you are using coal for power generation/electricity only and installing small plants only. But when you talk about like 10,000 - 15,000 mega watt of electricity its a lot of electricity and will surely bring the costs down and that idea is under concentration by the top authorities of Pakistan. Currently we have not able to utilize coal at all but giving it like 10-15% of the total electricity is not a bad idea at all that is currently less than 1%

Plus utilizing our coal will ensure local jobs for peoples and Thar is one of the poorest areas in Pakistan

Iran offers Pakistan electricity at much lower than RPP rates

ISLAMABAD: Iran has offered Pakistan 2200 MW electricity at 3 times cheaper rates compared to those of RPPs.

Iran’s ambassador to Pakistan Mashallah Shakri in an exclusive talk with Geo News said Iran is ready to increase the offer of 1100 MW electricity to 2200 MW. But, to avail it Pakistan will have to build an appropriate infrastructure, he added.

He said Iran is exporting power to Turkey, Armenia and Afghanistan and its price is immensely attractive for Pakistan.

Pakistan can obtain financial assistance for this project from international financial institutions or Islamic Development Bank, the Iranian ambassador said. Iran may also consider provision of the required financing, he added.

He said Iran is already supplying power to Gwadar.

Mashallah Shakri said he has held a number of meetings with the officials of Water and Power Ministry and PEPCO but so far no solid progress has been made in this regard.

ISLAMABAD: Iran has offered Pakistan 2200 MW electricity at 3 times cheaper rates compared to those of RPPs.

Iran’s ambassador to Pakistan Mashallah Shakri in an exclusive talk with Geo News said Iran is ready to increase the offer of 1100 MW electricity to 2200 MW. But, to avail it Pakistan will have to build an appropriate infrastructure, he added.

He said Iran is exporting power to Turkey, Armenia and Afghanistan and its price is immensely attractive for Pakistan.

Pakistan can obtain financial assistance for this project from international financial institutions or Islamic Development Bank, the Iranian ambassador said. Iran may also consider provision of the required financing, he added.

He said Iran is already supplying power to Gwadar.

Mashallah Shakri said he has held a number of meetings with the officials of Water and Power Ministry and PEPCO but so far no solid progress has been made in this regard.

muaaa Azad first news where i feel like kissing you :tup:

Excellent news............. 2200MW is something reallly big. We need electricity at all cost and if the price is not too much expensive we should go for it.

Great news

Iran is our great brotherly nation, they have always helped us without any hindsight. We should help them in any way we can.

Remember we were a part of them as we were a part of India and need to enhance our coopearation to the highest level possible.

muaaa Azad first news where i feel like kissing you :tup:

Excellent news............. 2200MW is something reallly big. We need electricity at all cost and if the price is not too much expensive we should go for it.

Great news

Indeed a good news.

Zaki Bhai please divert your chooma to pkd as he has shared the news. And i hope pkd is not a girl warna teri khair nahi :P

Indeed a good news.

Zaki Bhai please divert your chooma to pkd as he has shared the news. And i hope pkd is not a girl warna teri khair nahi :P

oops :oops:

Azad bhai creating so many threads nowadays and i thought its another Azad's special thread.

Sorry

Thanks PKD for sharing this news and i take my words back of Chumma :tup:

Indeed a good news.

are you saying that zaki loves giving chummiyan to boys? :woot::lol:

Pak-Iran zindabad - a great news :pakistan:

greatest news for nation who suffer power cut daily welcome brothers of iran really we need it.

Back
Top Bottom