What's new

Pakistani Senator calls for the development of an indigenous Nuclear Attack Submarine.

There are two important strategic weapons that India fields and Pakistan doesn't, ICBMs and nuclear submarines..Pakistan according to many sources has done work on both of them, it might need some heavy political backings and the right circumstances to field them, so as the senator stated, it is the need of the hour..speaking about the nuclear submarines, since the Indian ones represent a much bigger threat to deal with than the ICBMs that are China's specific and will be dealt with by China..
to have a BM based naval deterrence you will require at least 3 subs, operating them would cost more than the navy and probably air force budget put together, so not a bright idea, it seem the sea based triad will be fulfilled by conventional sub carrying babur 3, look at trident nuke system of UK, it is very expensive, building 1 or 2 will not make sense as you will not be able to have all time coverage, you need atleast 3 sub

to have a BM based naval deterrence you will require at least 3 subs, operating them would cost more than the navy and probably air force budget put together, so not a bright idea, it seem the sea based triad will be fulfilled by conventional sub carrying babur 3, look at trident nuke system of UK, it is very expensive, building 1 or 2 will not make sense as you will not be able to have all time coverage, you need atleast 3 sub
I am saying when the time is right with all what it compasses, financially and technically speaking, then Pakistan should go for nuclear subs, if it needs at least 3 than be it..

I am saying when the time is right with all what it compasses, financially and technically speaking, then Pakistan should go for nuclear subs, if it needs at least 3 than be it..
I am saying when the time is right with all what it encompasses, financially and technically speaking, then Pakistan should go for nuclear subs, if it needs at least 3 than be it.. 4 will be better yet..

AIP is good for attack subs
But Nuclear propulsion will be needed for Ballistic missile subs

Dollars dollars dollars

You have money and lots of it you too can have a SLBM.

but no money then like airforce you will have to cut corners and look for cheaper options .

Dollars dollars dollars

You have money and lots of it you too can have a SLBM.

but no money then like airforce you will have to cut corners and look for cheaper options .
Yes we are aware. This is why u can see many members here calling for a conventional submarines based nuclear sea deterrent at the moment.

It's not the SLBM capability that u mention that Pakistan would be unable to afford right now. It's the nuclear powered submarines. They are very costly to build/operate/maintain. However Pakistan could pursue conventional submarine based SLBM capability.

Yes we are aware. This is why u can see many members here calling for a conventional submarines based nuclear sea deterrent at the moment.

It's not the SLBM capability that u mention that Pakistan would be unable to afford right now. It's the nuclear powered submarines. They are very costly to build/operate/maintain. However Pakistan could pursue conventional submarine based SLBM capability.
Unlikely, If the a sufficient number of SLBM's are to be on board - the displacement will be high.

Only Nuclear propulsion is powerful enough for Ballistic missile submarines. (With exceptions to those that carry 1 or 2)

China and Pakistan are surely friends. But Nuclear Submarine is not something can be traded between friends. China certainly will not be against any try by Pakistan. But I doubted China will transfer these sort of thing to Pakistan unless USA cross the bar too much on Indian nuclear issue.
BTW, no offense, it is just national interest.
Many Chinese always think that Russia lease a nuclear submarine to Inidia is reckless for international politics. Maybe Russian have different mindset, who knows.
More advanced cooperation has already took place, only you are not aware of that.

Time will be right when u become developed country or have enough money due to oil

I believe, Pakistan is in process of procuring its own customized version of Nuclear submarine which might be smaller as compared to other Nuclear sub class but would be equally deadly in terms of attack and would help to maintain Pakistan's Nuclear sea based deterrence.
I believe we are max 3-5 years away from this procurement.

I believe, Pakistan is in process of procuring its own customized version of Nuclear submarine which might be smaller as compared to other Nuclear sub class but would be equally deadly in terms of attack and would help to maintain Pakistan's Nuclear sea based deterrence.
I believe we are max 3-5 years away from this procurement.
Nobody sells nuclear subs, it would have to be home built.

Back
Top Bottom