What's new

Pakistan to develop 'advanced MLRS'

Interesting can't visualize the need for new system if we inducted MRL-100 but if it is a better system why not ?

Pak produces KRL-122 and has exported it to several countries.

Its ranged and guidance was upgraded, with a bit of help from "NEXTER" ... Or atleast was planned.

Not very exciting when you have :

45 Km Ranged KRL-122

Indigenous development not procurement as per the year book.
Might see a new version of KRL-122.

High precision on artillery rockets are always impressive. 10m CEP rate on a rocket offers impressive striking capabilities against any type of threats. If Turkey and Pakistan reach a deal to transfer the artillery systems, I think Both nation will benefit the mutual training, software and simulator capabilities. As far as I know, Pakistan uses Havelsan artillery training simulators.

Tr-122G

Tr-300G
cRpTHqeruo-slvOtn2nRsouygl68qPf9d08QsxWOpP5JHJTneOzoLjIQwRxVI36LJ8FUNcB05rVXnv7lDkIZzSjVCA23Q9_KBZUm1bRwLgOh0hacJAAmzdacIo0=w460-h320-nc

single most important deterance would be a decent airforce, there is where we are lacking
if we dont have resources that atleast we need thunders in good numbers, and some older f-16s

airforce should do one thing and do it excellently: defend the skies. They can be called in for deep precision strikes or if for some reason it is necessary to saturate an area from the skies (MLRS cannot be used), but in general they should focus on dominating the skies and taking the fight to the enemy - take their planes out of the skies and on the ground pre-emptively.

Point to be noted: they are focusing on systems that deliver max fire power with min time and effort. They expect a war to be swift, short and brutal. With entire batteries of indigenously produced MLRS, some of whom could potentially be nuclear, advancing Indian columns will face a wall of fire and get decimated completely. South Asia saw the largest battle of tanks previously. In case of war, it might see the largest exchange (or at least a one sided attack) of MLRS firepower. I shudder to think of the resulting death and destruction.
What is next? Nuclear pigeons?

Please understand what nukes are and what they are meant for. We are not putting nuclear warheads on every other system. That would be crazy and STUPID.

it seems the case If I remember correctly we bought A-100 with production licence
We did sir. We are making it ammunition at home as far as i am aware.

We did produced MKEK Panter under license from Turkey,it was having weight of 18 ton,is SP howitzer we just have inducted 72,we just as I think have scrapped them due to weight,see how intelligent we are,just couldn't take weight reduction path and develop a new system it still out guns any Artillery piece India is fielding.40km
What are you saying?
  1. Panter is NOT SP! It is a towed artillery piece and not a self-propelled one.
  2. We never produced 72 guns. The Wikipedia got it wrong.

Not nuclear pigeons, but I was only hinting that nuclear artillery has been discussed before:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/evolution-of-pakistans-tactical-nukes.489543/#post-9390023
I don't know why people are even discussing it. Arming your artillery with nukes mean that you wont be able to use the very basic tool of war, that is the artillery, openly in the war fearing that the enemy may think this artillery is nuke equipped and attacked in similar manner. IN Pakistan-India case, the firing of a ballistic missile will trigger the nuclear war (the missiles do not need to be equipped with a nuke) since the response time is so low, both sides will react at the first sign of disturbance. We should all just hope that it do not comes to that.

Panter is NOT SP! It is a towed artillery piece and not a self-propelled one.
Sir,it 160 HP APU allows it to travel upto 18km/h.
  1. We never produced 72 guns. The Wikipedia got it wrong.
SIPRI was listed as source.
then sir how many were produced.

They'll rename A-100E and shove it down our throats. That's HIT for you. No genuine R&D, just rebranding of locally produced imported technology.
may be koi mojza ho jaye:cheers:

Dhanush is operational with 8 guns of 155/45

delivered to army Rest all 114 will be delivered By 2019

V2 vesion of dhanush 155/52 which is under trial will be produced after all guns first phase delivered by 2019
For heaven sake i am talking about a full force capable of supporting a Div,a formation which makes the difference.
ne more add to this is which i forgotten OFB metamorphosis gun basically m-46 coverted into 155/45 range 39 Km with RAP rounds by soltam

graph.jpg

Source: http://www.ofbindia.gov.in/products/data/weapons/wlc/4.htm

180 already inducted 155/45 mm into service developed by OFB/soltam
I guess total contract was for 300 guns.

Sir,it 160 HP APU allows it to travel upto 18km/h.
Bro, it is an APU, meant for small maneuvering and that is it! It will be towed to the area of operating and is not self-propelled category but remains a towed artillery equipment. :) It is not deployed to the area on its own.

SIPRI was listed as source.
then sir how many were produced.
RUMORS are that SIPRI was wrong about this. Some 12 were originally brought from Turkey but PA was not satisfied with its performance and the follow up 60 that were to be made by HIT were not pursued.

They'll rename A-100E and shove it down our throats. That's HIT for you. No genuine R&D, just rebranding of locally produced imported technology.
I think NESCOM will be more involved in such a project. Lets see what happens.

Pakistan should get A-200 and A-300 systems on ToT basis and produce in large numbers.

Pakistan should get A-200 and A-300 systems on ToT basis and produce in large numbers.
We have tactical ballistic missiles for these ranges. Modernizing and upgrading them can be the easy way out.

We have tactical ballistic missiles for these ranges. Modernizing and upgrading them can be the easy way out.
I think MLRs are much more cost effective solutions than BMs and I know what they are thinking and that is really smart of them and I don't see any point in discussing and revealing it here. :P

I think MLRs are much more cost effective solutions than BMs and I know what they are thinking and that is really smart of them and I don't see any point in discussing and revealing it here. :P
Bahi why are you doing that "Su35 SCAR thingy" here?

IN similar range category, same mechanism a quasi ballistic missile will be in same price range and will justify the few extra bucks in shape of capabilities. However MBRL are a threat itself but a 120-150 Km range for such system is more than enough. Anyway, it is a pointless debate here since we are just discussing our wishes :P

Bahi why are you doing that "Su35 SCAR thingy" here?

IN similar range category, same mechanism a quasi ballistic missile will be in same price range and will justify the few extra bucks in shape of capabilities. However MBRL are a threat itself but a 120-150 Km range for such system is more than enough. Anyway, it is a pointless debate here since we are just discussing our wishes :P
Okay right now I'm at my office but inshaALLAH if I remember, I will give you a partial answer :lol:

Back
Top Bottom