What's new

Pakistan Mountain climbing Updates

Bodies of missing Australian, Canadian mountaineers found at K2​

27 Jul, 2022

Bodies of missing Australian, Canadian mountaineers found at K2

Source: Twitter

GILGIT – Rescue teams have found bodies of two foreign mountaineers, days after they went missing at the world’s second highest peak, K2, in northern Pakistan.

The climbers have been identified as Australian national Matthew Eakin and Canada’s Richard Cartier, reports said that the bodies were discovered at a location between Camp 1 and Camp 2 of the savage mountain on Tuesday.

Eaking went missing when he was descending from Camp 3 to Base Camp on July 22 while Cartier lost contact on July 19 when he was present between these two points.

A ground search operation was conducted to trace the missing climbers, but they were not found. Another operation was launched on Tuesday with the help of drone cameras and their bodies were found near Camp 1.

Reports said that the mountaineers have fallen on rocks and lost their lives. Process has been initiated to repatriate their bodies to their home countries.

The government is retarded in Gilgit Baltistan the amount of pollution caused by climbers is appalling how were 100 climbers allowed in one go then they say we are preserving nature for our children, clearly not.

Over 150 people attended K2 this year.

What devastating effects will be on the future of K2. Before that, let's find the answer to the question that is in the minds of many and many friends. I have been asked in the inbox that in your opinion what was the reason why the mountaineers got so much success this time on K2.

Before giving my opinion, let me say that I started reading the history of mountaineering regularly in 2009 for my hobby. Scoured the internet to countless articles, blogs and alpine writings with detail and passion.

Read. Whereas since 2009 I have been observing not only closely but also monitoring and reporting every year the Pakistani 8000 peaks especially at Nanga Parbat and K2 mountaineering. Nevertheless, I have this information. Definitely limited and flawed so I would urge my own readers to take my opinion merely as a point of view.

In my view, there are 4 big following reasons for summits being so large at K2.

1. Fixed Line:

Experienced and highly trained pliers of Nepalese companies installed strong fixed line by roping on the most difficult parts of the K2 Abrozi route such as House Chimney, Black Pyramid, The Battle Neck and Circus Traverse, causing a major risk of climbing. In the language of mountaineering say fall danger (fear of falling and dying) that risk was reduced by about 99%. In this situation the client climber only know jummaring he will climb the mountain easily. The use of jummar is very basic and oli of mountaineering N Can only be learned in courses.

To make their business plans at K2 a success this year, Nepali companies used thousands of meters of long ropes and more than 100 arches and high altitude porters to install fixed lines. 5 top-level arches from three major mountaineering companies نے Lakpa Sherpa, the most difficult and dangerous section in the Death Zone of K2 secured the route from Battle Neck to Cirque Traverse and Summit by setting a fixed line and summit on the night of July 21. Thereafter walking on the same fixed line the next day. More than 100 people gathered.

2. Sharpa or porter help:

In the past, climbers used to do camp-to-camp climbing by carrying their own equipment. 10 years ago, Nepal introduced 'Sharpa Help' when commercializing mountaineering in a new way by legislating a way that can climb on any eight thousand peaks in Nepal. While issuing the measurement permit, at least one sharpa was made compulsory.

The latest amendment to the law makes it mandatory to hire a porter or guide for trekking upto 3000 metres in Nepal. Done. There is no such law in Pakistan, that is why the people of Gilgit-Baltistan associated with mountaineering are suffering from employment problems and are on low wages which are exploited by Nepali companies and they themselves take thousands of dollars from their clients to a few thousand rupees. Awaz hire Pakistani porters. So Nepalis companies made climbing plan according to 1:1 rate at K2 means at least one Sherpa or one porter must be with a client to lift his stuff and assist him at every campsite, tents set up Do and provide food and drinks too.

Since K2 is the toughest mountain, Nepali companies this year unconsciously increased this rate to 1:1.7 i.e. at least 5 sharpa for every 3 clients to help. Eg. Narmal Purja's company Elite Exped brought 11 clients to the summit with the help of 21 porters, thus a total of 32 people reached the summit. According to statistics, out of the total +150 summits at K2 this year, +100 summits were done by Arpa or High Altitude Porters. i.e. from 50 More than 100 helpers were used to bring 60 aspiring gentlemen to the K2 summit.

3. The use of artificial oxygen:

About 70% of the total 337 summits held on K2 from 1954 to 2012 took place without artificial oxygen, while only 3% of the total +350 summits from 2012 to 2022 were without artificial oxygen, i.e. 97% of summits are artificial. Used oxygen. Even if only this year, only 10 to 15 climbers in +150 summits did not use artificial oxygen while all others did with artificial oxygen.

Only this scientific research is sufficient to know the benefits of using artificial oxygen according to which if the human body uses artificial oxygen at 8000 meters i.e. death zone with standard flow speed of 4L/Min, it will be the same as if you are just 3050. At a height of meters. Using artificial oxygen increases the energy you need to climb mountains by many times. That's why all modern climbers of Polish climbers, including the great climber Rhinehold Messner, Dennis Arubko and Adam Belicki, use artificial oxygen. N The use of doping and foul play. To them since mountaineering is considered the ultimate test of the human body abilities it should be without any other biological assistance and mechanical assistance should also be limited. They are already fixed The line is also considered a foul play.

4. Climate change or climate change:

Climate change has changed the ecosystem of the most mountains and glaciers on this planet. Rapid changes in glaciers and ice formation are taking place on all of the 14 largest eight thousand mountains in the world. British female mountaineer Adriana Brown Lee 2 After heading to Nanga Parbat in July, a very important Instagram post stating that the upper slopes of Nanga Parbat have become dangerously hot, he “melting the area on the vast icefield located at 7200 metres near Camp.4 on Nanga Parbat. Named the pot where the factors of "snow slush" and "slab avalanches" were rapidly moving. Similarly, a week ago, the modern-day great climber Dennis Arubko also around the icefield at 7500 meters above the Broad Pack. Climate changes have been identified. So according to a careful estimate this year lower 8000ers i.e. slightly lesser elevation eight thousand mountains such as Nanga Parbat 8126m and Broadpack 8051m high which are 126 and 51m high instead of 8000m The effects of climate change or climate change are very much.

However, since K2 is raised to 611 vertical meters above 8000 meters, its upper slopes are still slightly less. This advantage started to receive the mountaineers positively since last year 2021. He Thus, the snow storms that came after less snowfall on the upper slopes threw the powder snow accumulated there on the lower slopes and thus 8000 meters above K2, which in the past was knee-deep or waist-deep The difficulty that lead climbers used to take several hours to trail-breaking the ice is over by 2021. This is the famous blogger of Garrett Madison, the owner of the famous American mountaineering company Madison Mountaineering and who has crossed K2 four times. The podcast interview given to Elaine Arnetti five years ago was very important in which she explained that for the first time during the summit push of K2, she reached the summit in just 6 hours starting from Camp 4, i.e. 7800 meters.

Here's the reason according to her It was that in the death zone there was either no powder snow or very little ankle-deep and due to the good weather it was easy to walk on solid ice surface. So they reached the summit in just 6 hours.

This year too So it happened and Norwegian female mountaineer had reached the summit push at 8:30pm with her team of 3 axes and reached the summit in 6 hours at 2:30am. In the past only from Battle Neck 8216 meters to Cirque Traverse 8425 meters Climbing the maximum section of just 200 vertical meters takes 6 to 8 hours. And the summit push from camp 4 to peak takes a total of 16 to 18 hours. So there's a huge difference between spending 18 hours in the death zone and 8.10 hours. Per Currently, the effects of climate change are positive on K2, which may be destroyed in the coming years.

It can be easily analysed in light of all the above factors and reasons that so many people have skipped K2 so easily due to fixed line, sharpa help, use of artificial oxygen and the currently beneficial effects of climate change on K2. Just think That if 5 Nepalese had not lined up to Sharpa Summit on the night of 21 July, was it possible that more than 100 people could reach the summit the next morning. And that too with the help of 100 Sharpaans reaching the summit of 50,60 clients. Past K2 Sir There is no greater feat than doing climbers.

Past climbers carrying their own luggage and making their own way up the mountain without oxygen through their own breaths their body's ability to sink into waist deep ice in the death zone And used to reach the peak by touching the last limits of Stemna.

The desire of wealthy people to reach the top of the mountain has been exploited by Nepalese through their business model and made it a source of income and this year their experiment K2 Thaa. To take this commercialized climbing to the next level in the future to generate more income, Nepalese have already planned for next year which is practical.

Owner of Elite Exped of Nepali Sharpa Company today dated 29th July 2022 Nirmal Purja shared a post on his Facebook page. According to this post, creating a new route on K2 is the need of the time, so he will head K2 through the new route in the future. Apparently it looks very good but I will present in my next post the detailed review of the new strategic undertaker behind the curtain business and present the plan of Nepalese with proof to destroy K2 ecosystem and mountaineering in future Want to. Wait for next post.. (In progress)
And we have nothing to do except to report.
(Research and writing: Imran Haider Thaheem)

1659551120898.png

1659551162320.png

Over 150 people attended K2 this year.

What devastating effects will be on the future of K2. Before that, let's find the answer to the question that is in the minds of many and many friends. I have been asked in the inbox that in your opinion what was the reason why the mountaineers got so much success this time on K2.

Before giving my opinion, let me say that I started reading the history of mountaineering regularly in 2009 for my hobby. Scoured the internet to countless articles, blogs and alpine writings with detail and passion.

Read. Whereas since 2009 I have been observing not only closely but also monitoring and reporting every year the Pakistani 8000 peaks especially at Nanga Parbat and K2 mountaineering. Nevertheless, I have this information. Definitely limited and flawed so I would urge my own readers to take my opinion merely as a point of view.

In my view, there are 4 big following reasons for summits being so large at K2.

1. Fixed Line:

Experienced and highly trained pliers of Nepalese companies installed strong fixed line by roping on the most difficult parts of the K2 Abrozi route such as House Chimney, Black Pyramid, The Battle Neck and Circus Traverse, causing a major risk of climbing. In the language of mountaineering say fall danger (fear of falling and dying) that risk was reduced by about 99%. In this situation the client climber only know jummaring he will climb the mountain easily. The use of jummar is very basic and oli of mountaineering N Can only be learned in courses.

To make their business plans at K2 a success this year, Nepali companies used thousands of meters of long ropes and more than 100 arches and high altitude porters to install fixed lines. 5 top-level arches from three major mountaineering companies نے Lakpa Sherpa, the most difficult and dangerous section in the Death Zone of K2 secured the route from Battle Neck to Cirque Traverse and Summit by setting a fixed line and summit on the night of July 21. Thereafter walking on the same fixed line the next day. More than 100 people gathered.

2. Sharpa or porter help:

In the past, climbers used to do camp-to-camp climbing by carrying their own equipment. 10 years ago, Nepal introduced 'Sharpa Help' when commercializing mountaineering in a new way by legislating a way that can climb on any eight thousand peaks in Nepal. While issuing the measurement permit, at least one sharpa was made compulsory.

The latest amendment to the law makes it mandatory to hire a porter or guide for trekking upto 3000 metres in Nepal. Done. There is no such law in Pakistan, that is why the people of Gilgit-Baltistan associated with mountaineering are suffering from employment problems and are on low wages which are exploited by Nepali companies and they themselves take thousands of dollars from their clients to a few thousand rupees. Awaz hire Pakistani porters. So Nepalis companies made climbing plan according to 1:1 rate at K2 means at least one Sherpa or one porter must be with a client to lift his stuff and assist him at every campsite, tents set up Do and provide food and drinks too.

Since K2 is the toughest mountain, Nepali companies this year unconsciously increased this rate to 1:1.7 i.e. at least 5 sharpa for every 3 clients to help. Eg. Narmal Purja's company Elite Exped brought 11 clients to the summit with the help of 21 porters, thus a total of 32 people reached the summit. According to statistics, out of the total +150 summits at K2 this year, +100 summits were done by Arpa or High Altitude Porters. i.e. from 50 More than 100 helpers were used to bring 60 aspiring gentlemen to the K2 summit.

3. The use of artificial oxygen:

About 70% of the total 337 summits held on K2 from 1954 to 2012 took place without artificial oxygen, while only 3% of the total +350 summits from 2012 to 2022 were without artificial oxygen, i.e. 97% of summits are artificial. Used oxygen. Even if only this year, only 10 to 15 climbers in +150 summits did not use artificial oxygen while all others did with artificial oxygen.

Only this scientific research is sufficient to know the benefits of using artificial oxygen according to which if the human body uses artificial oxygen at 8000 meters i.e. death zone with standard flow speed of 4L/Min, it will be the same as if you are just 3050. At a height of meters. Using artificial oxygen increases the energy you need to climb mountains by many times. That's why all modern climbers of Polish climbers, including the great climber Rhinehold Messner, Dennis Arubko and Adam Belicki, use artificial oxygen. N The use of doping and foul play. To them since mountaineering is considered the ultimate test of the human body abilities it should be without any other biological assistance and mechanical assistance should also be limited. They are already fixed The line is also considered a foul play.

4. Climate change or climate change:

Climate change has changed the ecosystem of the most mountains and glaciers on this planet. Rapid changes in glaciers and ice formation are taking place on all of the 14 largest eight thousand mountains in the world. British female mountaineer Adriana Brown Lee 2 After heading to Nanga Parbat in July, a very important Instagram post stating that the upper slopes of Nanga Parbat have become dangerously hot, he “melting the area on the vast icefield located at 7200 metres near Camp.4 on Nanga Parbat. Named the pot where the factors of "snow slush" and "slab avalanches" were rapidly moving. Similarly, a week ago, the modern-day great climber Dennis Arubko also around the icefield at 7500 meters above the Broad Pack. Climate changes have been identified. So according to a careful estimate this year lower 8000ers i.e. slightly lesser elevation eight thousand mountains such as Nanga Parbat 8126m and Broadpack 8051m high which are 126 and 51m high instead of 8000m The effects of climate change or climate change are very much.

However, since K2 is raised to 611 vertical meters above 8000 meters, its upper slopes are still slightly less. This advantage started to receive the mountaineers positively since last year 2021. He Thus, the snow storms that came after less snowfall on the upper slopes threw the powder snow accumulated there on the lower slopes and thus 8000 meters above K2, which in the past was knee-deep or waist-deep The difficulty that lead climbers used to take several hours to trail-breaking the ice is over by 2021. This is the famous blogger of Garrett Madison, the owner of the famous American mountaineering company Madison Mountaineering and who has crossed K2 four times. The podcast interview given to Elaine Arnetti five years ago was very important in which she explained that for the first time during the summit push of K2, she reached the summit in just 6 hours starting from Camp 4, i.e. 7800 meters.

Here's the reason according to her It was that in the death zone there was either no powder snow or very little ankle-deep and due to the good weather it was easy to walk on solid ice surface. So they reached the summit in just 6 hours.

This year too So it happened and Norwegian female mountaineer had reached the summit push at 8:30pm with her team of 3 axes and reached the summit in 6 hours at 2:30am. In the past only from Battle Neck 8216 meters to Cirque Traverse 8425 meters Climbing the maximum section of just 200 vertical meters takes 6 to 8 hours. And the summit push from camp 4 to peak takes a total of 16 to 18 hours. So there's a huge difference between spending 18 hours in the death zone and 8.10 hours. Per Currently, the effects of climate change are positive on K2, which may be destroyed in the coming years.

It can be easily analysed in light of all the above factors and reasons that so many people have skipped K2 so easily due to fixed line, sharpa help, use of artificial oxygen and the currently beneficial effects of climate change on K2. Just think That if 5 Nepalese had not lined up to Sharpa Summit on the night of 21 July, was it possible that more than 100 people could reach the summit the next morning. And that too with the help of 100 Sharpaans reaching the summit of 50,60 clients. Past K2 Sir There is no greater feat than doing climbers.

Past climbers carrying their own luggage and making their own way up the mountain without oxygen through their own breaths their body's ability to sink into waist deep ice in the death zone And used to reach the peak by touching the last limits of Stemna.

The desire of wealthy people to reach the top of the mountain has been exploited by Nepalese through their business model and made it a source of income and this year their experiment K2 Thaa. To take this commercialized climbing to the next level in the future to generate more income, Nepalese have already planned for next year which is practical.

Owner of Elite Exped of Nepali Sharpa Company today dated 29th July 2022 Nirmal Purja shared a post on his Facebook page. According to this post, creating a new route on K2 is the need of the time, so he will head K2 through the new route in the future. Apparently it looks very good but I will present in my next post the detailed review of the new strategic undertaker behind the curtain business and present the plan of Nepalese with proof to destroy K2 ecosystem and mountaineering in future Want to. Wait for next post.. (In progress)
And we have nothing to do except to report.
(Research and writing: Imran Haider Thaheem)

View attachment 867500

View attachment 867501

Why are so many allowed to summit at once there should be a limit to permits it will prevent overcrowding and pollution.

Three Pakistani mountaineers summit Gasherbrum-II

Jamil Nagri
August 11, 2022

1660220372422.png

GILGIT: Three Pakistani mountaineers and nine international climbers have summited Gasherbrum-II (8,035m) — the world’s 13th highest mountain.

After the successful ascent of the peak, Sajid Ali Sadpara, Shehroze Kashif and Imtiaz Sadpara and nine international climbers started summit push of neighbouring Gasherbrum-I (8,080m), known as Hidden Peak, on Wednesday. They are targeting to summit the 11th highest mountain in the world on Thursday (today).

According to Karrar Haidri, secretary Alpine Club of Pakistan, Shehroze Kashif, also known as Broad Boy, has become the youngest mountaineer in the world to have summited nine mountains of 8,000m.

Ms Kristin Harila from Norway, Ms Liliya Ianovskaia from Canada, Dawa Ongju Sherpa, Pasdawa and Pema Chhiring Sherpa from Nepal summited Gasherbrum-II on Aug 8. It was Ms Harila’s 10th 8,000m peak in 102 days and all 14 mountains of 8,000m in six months.

Ms Tseng Ko-Erh from Taiwan and Nima Gyalzen Sherpa and Ningma Dorje Tamang from Nepal also summited Gasherbrum-II on Monday. Ko-Erh aka Grace Tseng completed her 11th 8,000m peak without the use of supplementary oxygen. With this, she has now climbed three 8,000m peaks within 18 days, all without oxygen support.

She had climbed K2 on July 22 and Broad Peak on July 28.

Karrar Haidri told Dawn that Shehroze Kashif, Sajid Sadpara and Imtiaz Sadpara and other international climbers started their summit push for Gasherbrum-I on Wednesday, targeting to summit the peak on Thursday. He said both peaks were situated near each other and the climbers attempted to scale both peaks in one-weather window.

Sajid Sadpara, the son of legendary mountaineer late Muhammad Ali Sadpara, in his Twitter post said: “After summiting G-II in challenging conditions, Summit Push tonight for G-I.”

Shehroze Kashif has become youngest climber in the world to summit ten peaks of over 8,000m after he scaled 8080 Meters Gasherbrum-1, the 11th tallest mountain in the world.

1660306079608.png

Naila Kiani becomes first Pak woman to summit 3 peaks

Recorder

62ffeaa292e99.jpg

LAHORE: The Dubai-based banker by profession and mother of two, Naila Kiani became the first Pakistani female climber to summit three 8000+ peaks in her first attempt.

BARD Foundation held an event at the Lahore Press Club to highlight Naila Kiani’s experience during her two-month long mountaineering feat. Her original expedition commenced in June 2022 from Skardu, where she was accompanied by Sirbaz Khan & Suhail Sakhi, as she summited K2 and Gasherbrum I.

Speaking on the occasion, Naila said, “It’s very important to have a strong support system during times like this and I’m proud that my nation, my fellow climbing community and the BARD Foundation, did not fail me.

The foundation’s unconditional faith in my endeavours is proof of its vision to enable the Pakistani sports ecosystem. Even though this was one of the most difficult challenges I’ve undertaken, I pledge to continue to take on more mountaineering adventures and encourage aspiring climbers to experience this amazing quest for them.”

Mehreen Dawood said, “Naila has inspired and motivated women across the nation to pursue their sports careers with zeal. She has also promoted gender equality in the sports community and proven, through her conviction, that women can surpass any challenge in their path. The foundation encouraged by Naila’s success will continue to nurture young athletes so that they can be stars for Pakistan.”

Copyright Business Recorder, 2022

Naila Kiani becomes first Pakistani woman to scale Nepal's Annapurna peak

Jamil Nagri
April 17, 2023

<p>Pakistani climber Naila Kiani. — APP</p>

Pakistani climber Naila Kiani.

Mountaineer Naila Kiani on Monday became the first Pakistani woman to climb the 8,091-metre tall Annapurna peak — the world's tenth-highest peak situated in Nepal.

She was accompanied by climber Shehroze Kashif — who has attained the title of being the youngest Pakistani mountaineer to ascend the peak — and Nepalese sherpas.

Both climbers and the Seven Summit Treks (SST) team successfully ascended the mountain between 6:30am and 7:30am earlier today. They had started the summit push of the peak on Sunday evening with the SST team.

In a social media post today, SST Director Chhang Dawa Sherpa said that a team of sherpas and climbing members successfully made the ascent of Mt Annapurna this morning, adding that three sherpas and three climbers stood on the top between 6:30am and 7:30am.

He also listed the six summiteers: Naila Kiani and Shehroze Kashif from Pakistan; Arjun Vajpai from India; and Lakpa Nurbu Sherpa, Tashi Sherpa, and Lakpa Sherpa from Nepal.

According to Alpine Club of Pakistan Secretary General Karar Haidri, Kiani is the first Pakistani woman climber to summit four peaks over 8,000m.

Kiani is a Dubai-based Pakistani banker, an amateur boxer and a mother of two daughters. She had first gained prominence after images of her wedding shoot at K2 Basecamp circulated on social media in 2018.

She has also summited Gasherbrum-II (8,035m) in 2021 and ascended Gasherbrum-I (8,068m) and K2 in July 2022.

Kiani had also climbed the world’s second tallest peak K2 shortly after Samina Baig, who was the first Pakistani woman to do so.

The 'Broad Boy'​

Having scaled the Broad Peak (8051m) — the world's 12th-highest peak — at the age of 17, Kashif was termed "The Broad Boy". However, his mountain-climbing career had started long ago

Kashif started climbing mountains at the age of 11 with Makra Peak being the first one, followed by Musa ka Musalla and Chembra Peak at 12, Mingli Sar in Shimshal at 13, Khurdopin Pass at 15, and Khosar Gang in alpine style at the age of 18.

The 21-year-old also became the youngest Pakistani to summit Mt Everest (8,849m) — the world's highest peak — on May 11, 2021. Following the feat, the Punjab Sports Board had made him the youth ambassador of Punjab.

He had become the world's youngest climber to summit K2 on July 27, 2021 at the age of 19.

On May 5, 2022, he also became the world's youngest climber and the first Pakistani to reach the summit of Kangchenjunga (8,586m) — the world's third-highest peak that lies in both Nepal and India.

On May 16, 2022, he summited the world's fourth-highest peak, Mt Lhotse (8,516m), in Nepal.

Kashif was recognised by the Guinness World Records for the year 2023 on Nov 1, 2022 for summitting Mt Everest and K2.

Back
Top Bottom