What's new

Pakistan in talks for 4 Ada Class Corvettes, T-129 Helicopters & modernization of agosta fleet

DtlLdnPWkAEojXj.jpg

(source:https://twitter.com/Fatihar70538902)

TCG Akın( the ship seen in the photograph) is approaching the pier of Istanbul Shipyard ( private shipyard which are manufacturer of this ship) due to a minor breakdown.

However the main question is the corvette which building at IS slipway. As far as I know, the SSB doesn't have a combat ship job given to IS. Could be possible this ship produced for the Pakistan Navy?

@cabatli_53

nbvmZH.jpg

Last edited:
DtlLdnPWkAEojXj.jpg

(source:https://twitter.com/Fatihar70538902)

TCG Akın( the ship seen in the photograph) is approaching the pier of Istanbul Shipyard ( private shipyard which are manufacturer of this ship) due to a minor breakdown.

However the main question is the corvette which building at IS slipway. As far as I know, the SSB doesn't have a combat ship job given to IS. Could be possible this ship produced for the Pakistan Navy?

@cabatli_53

nbvmZH.jpg

Bro, I asked.... It is training vessel of TN based on Milgem. Thanks for sharing !

I am a little confused as to what the PN spokesperson is saying in this clip about the Milgem Class frigate.
He is basically saying that 3 of the 4 will be built in Turkey but we are going to gain the propriety rights to the design of the ship

Official info:

It was decided that 4 MİLGEM corvettes will be purchased by Pakistan, 2 of them will be built in Istanbul Shipyard and the others will be built in Karachi.

In the first place, a corvette to be built in Istanbul and Karachi will participate in the Pakistan Navy inventory in 2023. The other 2 ships will enter inventory in 2024.

The production process will take 54 months on the first ship, 60 months on the second ship, 66 months on the third ship and 72 months on the last ship.

Technical information on ships was also shared in the presentation. For ships with a length of 99.56 meters and a width of 14.42 meters, the maximum speed will be 26 knots. Ships will remain in water for 15 days.

http://www.asfat.com.tr/en/haberdetay?id=1

and the 4th ship, and the first of Jinnah Class, will be a Pakistani design.

So if I am hearing this correctly, it would be a modified design or just the flag ship among the Milgem frigates?

Interesting details.. the 4th Milgem ship will be the first of Jinnah class frigates. The official mentioned corvettes and frigates, which makes me think the first three are of Ada configuration and the 4th is LF-2400 frigate equipped with the rumoured indigenous surface-to-air missile. It is possible the PN plans 2 more frigates.

This would mean a 3-ship squadron arrangement (compared to the usual 4-5 in PN). Recently, CNS Abbasi said Damen OPVs will be armed with Harbah anti-ship missiles & CIWS, which raises the possibility of 3 Ada + 2 Damen OPV and 1 (+2) Jinnah class + (+2) Damen OPV as combined combat/patrol squadrons.

STM CEO Murat Ikinci revealed that STM is working on a design of a "midget" sub with 30 man crew. I remember Pakistan and Turkey has signed a cooperation agreement for midget submarines a few years ago.
You're right, bro. For about 2 years, STM has been carrying out project related to the changing of PN's MG110 Cosmos system with a modern coastal submarine. STM's mini sub, will be much larger than the Cosmos system. Expected to have air independent propulsion and more capacity of the seal staff and for theirs equipment. This project is independent from the MILDEN project.

STM has won the great confidence of the Pakistani navy due to its worldwide system engineering and project management as well as its open policy in technology transfer.

Official info:

It was decided that 4 MİLGEM corvettes will be purchased by Pakistan, 2 of them will be built in Istanbul Shipyard and the others will be built in Karachi.

In the first place, a corvette to be built in Istanbul and Karachi will participate in the Pakistan Navy inventory in 2023. The other 2 ships will enter inventory in 2024.

The production process will take 54 months on the first ship, 60 months on the second ship, 66 months on the third ship and 72 months on the last ship.

Technical information on ships was also shared in the presentation. For ships with a length of 99.56 meters and a width of 14.42 meters, the maximum speed will be 26 knots. Ships will remain in water for 15 days.

http://www.asfat.com.tr/en/haberdetay?id=1

Interesting details.. the 4th Milgem ship will be the first of Jinnah class frigates. The official mentioned corvettes and frigates, which makes me think the first three are of Ada configuration and the 4th is LF-2400 frigate equipped with the rumoured indigenous surface-to-air missile. It is possible the PN plans 2 more frigates.

This would mean a 3-ship squadron arrangement (compared to the usual 4-5 in PN). Recently, CNS Abbasi said Damen OPVs will be armed with Harbah anti-ship missiles & CIWS, which raises the possibility of 3 Ada + 2 Damen OPV and 1 (+2) Jinnah class + (+2) Damen OPV as combined combat/patrol squadrons.
When did cns said that opv will be armed with harba?

https://www.aa.com.tr/tr/turkiye/savunmada-ihracat-kapisi-yeni-teknolojilerle-acilacak/1330333

From STM's press conference:

"We want to break the hegemony of global competitors in cyber security, autonomous systems, artificial intelligence and marine systems".

"We are targeting the top 50 in the Defense News Top 100 at the end of 5 years".

STM is working on issues such as military ship platforms, kamikaze drones, radar technologies, cyber security, big data analytics.

"Growing with a great acceleration, STM entered 97th in the Defense News Top 100 list with a turnover of 1,9 billion TL in 2017."

"In the next 5 years, we will see STM as a company that carries its existing capabilities and products to international markets and competes with global players."

"STM has the largest engineering experience in MİLGEM and marine systems. This accumulation will be used for the continuation of projects. Our work on MILGEM will continue to grow. There's no going back. We will also provide our support for international marketing and engineering support. "

My interpretation: The Pakistan Navy's choice of STM as one of its main partners was a visionary approach.

STFA at one point was the prime contractor to construct submarine pens at JNB

Back
Top Bottom