What's new

Pakistan Domestic 155 mm artillery gun is under test and trial : HIT

Lmao yea already going on " WHy dOesNt HiT mAkE mRaPs "
Har nayey ground asset related acquisition ki news mey mrap thok do aur infantry key liyey kisi bhi acquisition ki news mey New Assault rifle thok do.
Phir koi 50 pages isi par bhehes karo falto ki
Yeah and then some pseudo intellectual and self acclaimed expert will create a thread about the traitor Bajwa and IK duo responsible for selling Pakistan out on Assault rifles to please their masters blah blah blah.

My friend MRAP is mostly a taxi designed to transport personal safely from one place to an other...
Using it as an assault vehicle especially against a trenched or regular military will b completely wrong. Unlike a third generation tank that has extensive armour camouflage and other safety plus a very accurate 120 /125 mm Canon day and night firing capability firing on move etc MRAP has none of those capabilities. A single tank in competent hands will go throw tens of MRAPs without incurring a dent....

MRAP is mostly designed as an armored transport. US uses it in conjunction of complete air cover where offensive bit is taken over by drone /heli /aircraft.

They way afghan national army used them as an offensive weapon made them a death trap....

Its not a must have and nor is a silver bullet. Its useful in certain situations and limited numbers shud b available for FC South especially. But its pretty much useless against a regular army

It has a fraction of armor and fraction of fire power compared to a tank.

Best MRAP would have 400 horse power engine compared to 1200 /1500 hp on most tanks so do the calculations
I meant MRAPs for FC, so we don't lose soldiers and officers in landmines and IEDs, for counterterrorism purposes.

Pakistan should now move to spg and mraps asap. Also hit needs to be expanded with a unit on the coast to make supply chain kuch more robust and create savings.

Remote weapons complex. Previously it just has a remotely operated heavy machine gun, a RWC/RWS has it’s own optical sights among other things.
Thank you for the detailed reply. Now what would be the requirements for the design? To replace all 130 mms with a decent 155mm gun that can be produced in numbers easily OR have a good quality solution like m198/m777? Based on your earlier comment where a requirement to use the design in a SPH, it looks like modularity is a key requirement here so my guess is we are trying to get a higher performance gun in the class of m198 at least; an m777 is probably not possible for us. If we just wanted a simple design then China would already have solutions available. But if we have the core metallurgical capability to manufacture high quality blanks, then theoretically we should be able to design any type of howitzers based on our requirements.

Now I am only waiting for some one to curse HIT and Bajwa about “if we can manufacture Tanks and artillery then why not a simple AR like SCAR!!!”
I do not know the army requirement at this stage, since the trials have not been made public, I believe these trials are HITs own preliminary trials and not army trials, that’s why. After these are completed the gun will be offered to the army for testing where they will decide wether they want it, don’t want it, or want it to be modified.
Modularity always has to be key with any new weapon design since that is the best way to future proof it and bring down overall costs, the more you can use a single weapon, the more Money you save.

Hey guus, since this thread is about artillery... Can someone please help me to understand how they aim for targets kilometers away?

Pakistan should now move to spg and mraps asap. Also hit needs to be expanded with a unit on the coast to make supply chain kuch more robust and create savings.
That depends upon production cap rather than cost increase due to transport.
Judging by discussions in some threads here HIT is not even producing AK-1s to full capacity and there is a lack of funds for procurement of such systems.
So opening another facility doesn't make sense atm.
If it's a SPG I won't be surprised if it's
sph-15
images (4).jpeg

Hey guus, since this thread is about artillery... Can someone please help me to understand how they aim for targets kilometers away?
Spotters, drones, aerial recon etc etc. Many ways to spot

Personal choice? SP all day long. I think towed is a lot of work but very flexible.

Care to explain? Who's you 2?
I suspect our terrain might not allow all units to be SPH. We do need TOWED ONES. Once we get the basics right the towed variant might come soon.
People have talked about GCC cooperation in defence but it seems the market is fully saturated so sales if any might be limited.
A

I want to be happy on this news but can't. Soldiers are dying daily due to lack of MRAP and our entire focus is on other weapon systems which could wait.
Yara. Why are you never happy? Be happy for what you have achieved. InshaaAllah the rest will come as well. Do you know how many units we will need and how much cost will it incur? A poor nation has to rationalize where it spends money. The campaign in Baluchistan MIGHT NOT require the investment. I dont want to sound insensitive but irrespective of what you do you will always have casualties in a guerilla warfare situation. You would need top cover and frankly speaking UCAV cover might be more productive than Humvees and MRAPS. At 12 person capacity you will require at least a couple of thousands for it to matter. And all it would require might be a bigger weapon for people to kill the occupants. UCAVs might provide better area wide cover and advanced warning plus extermination of vermin

A

Last edited:
I suspect our terrain might not allow all units to be SPH. We do need TOWED ONES. Once we get the basics right the towed variant might come soon.
People have talked about GCC cooperation in defence but it seems the market is fully saturated so sales if any might be limited.
A

You always have the entire Africa, Myanmar and Bangladesh to sell too, granted a serious effort is put into it. Advance optics for trajectory management at cheaper price would be the key. JFT model applies here too (or on any weapon really).

armed forces (core of artillery).
Sorry to nitpick brother but its spelled corps, not core. Phonetically they sound similar though.

Also a question regarding the artillery in question. Having seen the thing, how long will it take in your opinion for this thing to be ready? I mean how long before there is something the army can put to real trials?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom