What's new

Pakistan Childhood- invaluable memories of passing moments

Due to the sudden change in the rules of the game hn chapayra mu'n ty vajann gea @SorryNotSorry
Sadiya shaitan diyan poonch o @Mentee :rofl::rofl::disagree:
Here’s something from my childhood to handle situations like this:

Andi-mandi-shandi, andi-mandi-shandi, andi-mandi-shandi jine vi @Mentee nu tin chapairan ni mariyan odi maa r@ndi!

Jokes aside bohot sohna thread ae aa. Bohot vadiya veere!:enjoy:

Last edited:
My memories of Pakistan my memories are split between Rawalpindi and Karachi
And then there are huge gaps in between as I was exposed to other cultures

Pakistan%201%20Rupee%201983.300dpi.jpg

You could actually buy stuff with this :agree: it had power

• Travelling with my grand father to see trains these travelled regularly near our home, I was told I did this regularly but I have no memory of it

• Unda ball cricket on Roof Top , tiny unda ball , if ball goes over the roof you are out don't think I was even grade 1
30-pcs-40mm-3-stars-ping-pong-balls-white.jpg

Cup ice cream best thing to get with Eidi money stash
maxresdefault.jpg

Breezy window from which I can see all Trains daily every single train that passes , the most breeze window ever you can just sit in that room which was really our storage room with window with big gigantic things to store clothes
d4a5adc6d81a2bb3dc4b7671d90e6d79.jpg

Skies in Pindi during basant and kabootar thing top of roofs kabootar upbringing was a thing in city
Just few memories
58b0b3ca16f86.gif

People sleeping on rooftops when lights went off during load sheding curse when it started
  • Biryani + Kabab
Remember riding bicycle with my mamoo they used to go to their shops so I used to get free soda pop for free

Our home was close to Rawalpindi airport so you can see planes take off and land in very early phase of take off and you can see snow on mountain tops as our home was tripple story distant mountain hills I can't say for sure what those hills were called , in recent time due to culture of unofficial buildings that view is blocked as neighbours constructed higher buildings (of course illegal)

Gola ganda but with 1 color
59ac8eec96dc653539aef4fdd79233c3.jpg

At school pre high school
+ Baraf pani
+ Kho Kho
+ Pitu Garam introduced to me by my cousins during one of visist to Pakistan

Travelling on functional railways
golra.jpg

Winter time goodies Roasted penust , and other goodies
featured-image-1.jpg

chilgoza-with-cover-250x250.jpg

While my parents side were not considered super rich but every one could afford a bag full of supplies for winter time plent of supply of these items it was very accessible and cheap

Literally staple Winter snacks ...

Star gate
45183070.jpg

Travelling around in the back area of Suzuki our first family vehicle

suzuki-mehran-2012-red-colour.jpg

Few handful of memories eating out with family in evenings and waiting for the food to arrive in anticipation in outdoor resturants (no bombings existed back then)

544e1076314f6.jpg

Eating spiced up guava
guawa4.jpg

Clifton never got on horses but the sea was alway magnificient
Clifton-Beach-Karachi-Pakistan-Photo.jpg

Muree remember few visits to murree but around high school time period
mall-road-murree.jpg

Memories of some talk about a city being created called Islamabad , it was not very populated

Free Gifts at PIA best airline in world by airhostes as young flier

57ab050216077.jpg

Some memories of first travel on Yellow cab it had aircondition when they were new
Turned into a massive failed scheme which was a false hope of change in 90's by Mr Nawaz once again involved in the mess
11573602291437720591.jpg

Plus you can't describe the TV quality
50/50 8-)
Old-Pakistan-Pictures-332.jpg

I was only partially exposed to pre Zia Ul Haq's Time
This is what I saw in TV growing up
Old-Pakistan-Pictures-314.jpg

There used to be alot of fancy , happy jingles in commercials

Binaca / Dentonic / Igloo / State life insurance commercials

Glass Soda/POP bottles
FirstVersions_Coca-cola_bottle-1916.png

90's Expansion of Music in Pakistan is era I remember as many good singers and artists emerged it was much needed entertainment for people

The pakistan of 2018 I can't relate to the crime / Terrorism and dangers due to Afghan war

I understand why Imran Khan wants to turn back time and return Pakistan how it was in 60's-70's a country destined to be Asian Tiger

This was my Pakistan

hmm I remember Nawaz Sharif & MQM showed up right after together with PPP :angry:
Yea I remember now

Last edited:
Pakistan Childhood in pictures.....

Some of the invaluable memories of passing moments
Person can not take a long moment with millions of attempts, but he can definitely live every moment.

31369537_1879594848729973_5343967874992046080_n.jpg

31416879_1879594885396636_969704431757033472_n.jpg

پٹھو گول گرم - pithu gool garam

31408429_1879594925396632_6097079274970284032_n.jpg

9c0e92acada07c1f647306b1a316e15b--pakistan-childhood-memories.jpg

O yaro bacpan yaed kara dita ja

All these games were played in India too in my childhood.

My memories of Pakistan my memories are split between Rawalpindi and Karachi
And then there are huge gaps in between as I was exposed to other cultures

Pakistan%201%20Rupee%201983.300dpi.jpg

You could actually buy stuff with this :agree: it had power

• Travelling with my grand father to see trains these travelled regularly near our home, I was told I did this regularly but I have no memory of it

• Unda ball cricket on Roof Top , tiny unda ball , if ball goes over the roof you are out don't think I was even grade 1
30-pcs-40mm-3-stars-ping-pong-balls-white.jpg

Cup ice cream best thing to get with Eidi money stash
maxresdefault.jpg

Breezy window from which I can see all Trains daily every single train that passes , the most breeze window ever you can just sit in that storage room
d4a5adc6d81a2bb3dc4b7671d90e6d79.jpg

Skies in Pindi during basant and kabootar thing top of roofs kabootar upbringing was a thing in city
Just few memories
58b0b3ca16f86.gif

People sleeping on rooftops when lights went off during load sheding curse when it started
  • Biryani + Kabab
Remember riding bicycle with my mamoo they used to go to their shops so I used to get free soda pop for free

Our home was close to Rawalpindi airport so you can see planes take off and land in very early phase of take off and you can see snow on mountain tops as our home was tripple story distant mountain hills I can't say for sure what those hills were called , in recent time due to culture of unofficial buildings that view is blocked as neighbours constructed higher buildings (of course illegal)

Gola ganda but with 1 color
59ac8eec96dc653539aef4fdd79233c3.jpg

At school pre high school
+ Baraf pani
+ Kho Kho
+ Pitu Garam introduced to me by my cousins during one of visist to Pakistan

Travelling on functional railways
golra.jpg

Winter time goodies Roasted penust , and other goodies
featured-image-1.jpg

chilgoza-with-cover-250x250.jpg

Star gate
45183070.jpg

Travelling around in the back area of Suzuki our first family vehicle

suzuki-mehran-2012-red-colour.jpg

Few handful of memories eating out with family in evenings and waiting for the food to arrive in anticipation in outdoor resturants (no bombings existed back then)

544e1076314f6.jpg

Eating spiced up guava
guawa4.jpg

Clifton never got on horses but the sea was alway magnificient
Clifton-Beach-Karachi-Pakistan-Photo.jpg

Muree remember few visits to murree but around high school time period
mall-road-murree.jpg

Memories of some talk about a city being created called Islamabad , it was not very populated

Free Gifts at PIA best airline in world by airhostes as young flier

57ab050216077.jpg

Some memories of first travel on Yellow cab it had aircondition when they were new
11573602291437720591.jpg

Plus you can't describe the TV quality
50/50 8-)
Old-Pakistan-Pictures-332.jpg

I was only partially exposed to pre Zia Ul Haq's Time
This is what I saw in TV growing up
Old-Pakistan-Pictures-314.jpg

There used to be alot of fancy , happy jingles in commercials

Binaca / Dentonic / Igloo / State life insurance commercials

Glass Soda/POP bottles
FirstVersions_Coca-cola_bottle-1916.png

90's Expansion of Music in Pakistan is era I remember as many good singers and artists emerged it was much needed entertainment for people

The pakistan of 2018 I can't relate to the crime / Terrorism and dangers due to Afghan war

I understand why Imran Khan wants to turn back time and return Pakistan how it was in 60's-70's a country destined to be Asian Tiger

This was my Pakistan

hmm I remember Nawaz Sharif & MQM showed up right after together with PPP :angry:
Yea I remember now
Ah good memories. The cricket.... Golai, chalian and mong phali.
Our mother wouldnt let us eat golai. Vendors were so scared of her they wouldnt let us near them.
In villages in summers ppl still sleep at chat. Oh i remember countless nights staring at sky trying to count the countless stars. You rarely c the stars in cities.
TV was Dhowan ,Ainak wala Jinn and Alpha Bravo Charlie. My mother and eldest aunt never had any interest in TV. But my youngest aunt and their cousins were just mad for the Ibrar Ul haq and morning shows of the time. As i was raised by my youngest aunt and tried to copy her, i watched my fair share of those shows:P
My Parents and my grandfather used to watch Bazm-e-Tariq Aziz though, never missed it. We never missed it.
On every 6 september we never missed Major Raja Aziz Bhatti.
On every 7 september we never missed Rashid Minhas.
On every 7 september we never missed Ghazi Shaheed(PNS Ghazi).
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Guli danda, qaidi qaidi aur maaran kutai..........

Well baloon wala and Kulfi wala were always awaited figures

3edbf8adda9993f17780e477df48a299.jpg

c341fdef8e343780800a78eb41d38b85.jpg

dd63ad3698593949d86cd5ed36564f90.jpg

The sight you waited for in Summer !!! Your very own Mangoe all to yourself !!!
ALL mine as they say

I clearly remembered 2 different brands one was a big juicy Mangoe and other was a tiny
size mangoe you can get assigned to you

My parents would discourage me to eat from outside but I would still try to eat at every possible chance

I don't recall back then I ever got sick from eatinng from outside

I think the Bun Kabab came little later
superbiryaniandbunkababhousefawadahmedsiffiquifb.jpg

It was not there when I was child this street food was introduced to me once I visited back Pakistan and my family member bought this for us that I must taste this food

Bakar Khani was a requested item commonly from travellers it had a slight sweet taste
Bakar%20Khani%201-500x500.jpg

I don't recall the ocassion but on one eid I got access to this waist coat with shalwar qamis ,
it was quite a memorable wear with flashy glass ting on it I think people wear it in some folk dance on TV so I got access to this

And yes shopping for eid getting new shoes and clothes was always fun
s-l500.jpg

Don't recall Nike being there but
Bata was there
Bata-Logo.jpg

Gold old Charpai normally left outdoors with 1 single electric fan for the discussions that went on for hours between adult folks seated around it
4258866589_8995a472ef_b.jpg

Starting point A for Apple , B for Ball and C for Cat and D for Dog
schools005rotatecrop.jpg

This is still same in majority of Pakstan in 2018

Destroying a F14 Toy , in attempt to make it fly by throwing from second story stairs all the way down , to ground foor , was not fully aware of theory of wing aero dynamics and speed needed for plane to be air born safely. It was a good plane but it had no chance

Not sure why it never flew , it had the wings I said
s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Well baloon wala and Kulfi wala were always awaited figures

3edbf8adda9993f17780e477df48a299.jpg

c341fdef8e343780800a78eb41d38b85.jpg

dd63ad3698593949d86cd5ed36564f90.jpg

The sight you waited for in Summer !!! Your very own Mangoe all to yourself !!!
ALL mine as they say

I clearly remembered 2 different brands one was a big juicy Mangoe and other was a tiny
size mangoe you can get assigned to you

My parents would discourage me to eat from outside but I would still try to eat at every possible chance

I don't recall back then I ever got sick from eatinng from outside

I think the Bun Kabab came little later
superbiryaniandbunkababhousefawadahmedsiffiquifb.jpg

It was not there when I was child this street food was introduced to me once I visited back Pakistan and my family member bought this for us that I must taste this food

Bakar Khani was a requested item commonly from travellers it had a slight sweet taste
Bakar%20Khani%201-500x500.jpg

I don't recall the ocassion but on one eid I got access to this waist coat with shalwar qamis ,
it was quite a memorable wear with flashy glass ting on it I think people wear it in some folk dance on TV so I got access to this

And yes shopping for eid getting new shoes and clothes was always fun
s-l500.jpg

Don't recall Nike being there but
Bata was there
Bata-Logo.jpg

Gold old Charpai normally left outdoors with 1 single electric fan for the discussions that went on for hours between adult folks seated around it
4258866589_8995a472ef_b.jpg

Starting point A for Apple , B for Ball and C for Cat and D for Dog
schools005rotatecrop.jpg

This is still same in majority of Pakstan in 2018

Destroying a F14 Toy , in attempt to make it fly by throwing from second story stairs all the way down , to ground foor , was not fully aware of theory of wing aero dynamics and speed needed for plane to be air born safely. It was a good plane but it had no chance

Not sure why it never flew , it had the wings I said
s-l500.jpg
You forgot pujai danai (chawal) with gur and muranda. Rushing home during lunch break and then to bhatti then spend the rest of the classes eating and sharing them. One could never eat them by self.
Heading to fields and farms on gadha rerhi and having baths under tubewells. Ah the cool green field.
Rushing behind the sugarcane laden trolleys to get sugercanes.
And never forget the Maila every year. The most awaited festival for any kid after Eids of course.

Back
Top Bottom