What's new

Pakistan Air Force to procure Belgian C-130 Transport Aircraft | June 2022 .

Try using more brain cells next time.

As someone studying aerospace engineering, id say i have somewhat of a grasp of fatigue/stresses etc.

"and used extensively during war"

Do you know what the airframe life of a C130H is?

Transport count currently at 18 should be maxed out to 45 transport crafts
The addition of 12 Units , good purchase (if deal is for all C130)

However 45 Units should be
>50% C-130
>50% Chinese Option (Newer Generation)

With Financial burden I doubt any big purchase happening anytime soon

Last edited:
Transport count currently at 18 should be maxed out to 45 transport crafts
The addition of 12 Units , good purchase (if deal is for all C130)
Well, considering 2 crashed, 2 are very likely unflyable, im not sure whether you want them all lol.

As someone studying aerospace engineering, id say i have somewhat of a grasp of fatigue/stresses etc.

"and used extensively during war"

Do you know what the airframe life of a C130H is?
Good keep studying, cuz you have long way to go.

Airframe life is just one component. There are half a million other parts and dozen other variables at play in a flying machine.

Well looks like the CH-13 (which was a US C-130E and now on static display), acquired as an attrition replacement was retired in 2021 after a total of 25,740 flying hours. That was most certainly not a young bird.
The fleet has flown extensively and the total hours are around 285,000 cumulatively (included the 2 lost in accidents in 1996 and 2006).

I am not sure about the structural upgrades, but they do have a glass cockpit and went through an upgrade 10yrs or so ago to keep them up to date through 2020. Some details and pics below of the cockpit instrumentation and nav systems. I would hazard a guess that PAFs existing fleet might have similar upgrades already done last time they were upgraded as well.
http://aireform.com/wp-content/uplo...3th-Labor-of-Hercules-Lockheed-Martin-49p.pdf

1656049132688.png

1656049193720.png

Correct me if I'm wrong....

PAF current inventory of C130s is - 16
Said procurement from BAF is - 8

Belgium can’t sell F-16’s if the US doesn’t approve. For transport aircraft it’s much easier to be sold with agreement from the US.
The US also blocked the sale of Israeli F-16’s to Croatia.
Retired ones are included ?

RJAF is a regular buyer of Ex-Belgian F-16s.
Hope we get all 9 aircraft from Belgium.
Why doesn’t PAF also try to procure C-130J from UK?
I doubt if the USA 🇺🇸 will give the required NOC as all military equipment is suspended since 2016.
Buying Russian transport planes mean that PAF has to build an entire maintenance infrastructure for them.

And C130s have been the the transport workhorse for PAF for 50 years. We have our own maintenance and overhauling infrastructure in place for them. Why would PAF spend huge amounts of money when we are already cash strapped?

And to add that, Russian military equipment is notorious for being too much maintenance prone.
What?

Isn't PAF less than pleased with their Il-78s and would've much preferred western MRTT instead?

Back
Top Bottom