What's new

No 17 ''Tigers'' Squadron First To Re-Equip With JF-17 Block-3

1634907617470.png

If induction is planned for first quarter of 2022, then the sqdrn must be already number plated for some time and its personnel shifted to Thunder conversion.
Pilot conversion time is 4-6 months and ground crew and logistics more like a year.

If induction is planned for first quarter of 2022, then the sqdrn must be already number plated for some time and its personnel shifted to Thunder conversion.
Pilot conversion time is 4-6 months and ground crew and logistics more like a year.
I don't recall any of the half dozen or so squadrons that have converted to JF-17 ever been numberplate.
They continued to operate their old rides while going through conversion.

this time it may take longer, they are converting to AESA, i presume it is WAY different in terms of both usage as well as tactics so learning curve might be steep

this time it may take longer, they are converting to AESA, i presume it is WAY different in terms of both usage as well as tactics so learning curve might be steep
That's why Im surprised a non-Jf squadron is getting block-3s. I would have expected a squadron like no.14 or even no.16 getting the Block-3s for easier transition. The freed up block-2s could then be passed on to no.17.

Could that be happening by actually moving all pilots of no.14 for example to no.17?

Or maybe their pilots have been on rotation with different squadrons for conversion? God knows and PAF knows but i have trust in them!

regardless of what tech is working on the back AESA or PD, MMI is still the same so no difference for the pilot

Why would it be any diffferent to any other squadron

regardless of what tech is working on the back AESA or PD, MMI is still the same so no difference for the pilot

so you mean to say that there will be no difference when it comes to operating the newer AESA radar and the old radar?

I don't think that these pilots initially are not trained enough. They will however, polish skills and transfer knowledge to more pilots. The training process doesn't get started as & when they announce equipping an sqn.

we have remaining two sqns of these ugly pipe looking f7s . hope they go away soon and then mirages so at least our airforce look like 90s era airforce . with these mirages and f7s its look 60s era
I love you brother but f-7 PG is not ugly, it’s a beautiful plane which served well when we had nothing. Today those double delta wings will be in service for some time to come in a CAS and point defense role

K

Back
Top Bottom