What's new

News: Nigeria Orders 7 more JF17s

Myanmar jf-17 with Chinese seats [emoji575]

IMG_5537.JPG

IMG_5538.JPG

NAF bought the JF17.
Mynanmar bought the FC1.

That is the difference ... there are two versions. I dont understand why so many people on THIS FORUM dont understand that ?!

Last edited:
NAF bought the JF17.
Mynanmar bought the FC1.

That is the difference ... there are two versions. I dont understand why so many people on THIS FORUM dont understand that ?!

JF-17 is assembled/produced in Pakistan and FC-1 is assembled/produced in the CAC plant in China.

No, JF-17/FC-1 is produced by China-Pakistan together.

The ones exported to Myanmar were produced at the CAC plant exclusively. They were even equipped with Chinese ejection seat/targeting pods. Pakistan produced Jf-17s use Martin Baker and Aselpod.

The ones exported to Myanmar were produced at the CAC plant exclusively. They were even equipped with Chinese ejection seat/targeting pods. Pakistan produced Jf-17s use Martin Baker and Aselpod.

They were definitely produced at PAC under the designation: Ruby

Assembly line of Pakistani JF-17 Block2 fighters 4.jpg

JF-17 FC1 RUBY-01 (06-sep-2016)-.jpg

JF-17 FC1 RUBY-01 (06-sep-2016)- R-3.jpg

However, they were handed over to Myanmar by China due to Rohingya issue at that time.

NAF bought the JF17.
Mynanmar bought the FC1.

Not two versions. Same aircraft, only few parts changed to overcome sanctions from western countries, like British ejection seats replaced with Chinese ones in the Myanmar and Argentina models.
The name changes depending on wether China delivers them or Pakistan as China designates the same aircraft as FC-1.
Pakistan doesn’t market or deliver them to Myanmar (and won’t to Argentina) so as not to hurt it’s good relations with the UK or because of the Rohingya issue.
The aircraft are still made in Pakistan. Pakistan does market them to everyone else themselves.

Back
Top Bottom