What's new

New Emirati lightweight UCAV "Reach-S"

I think it is Radar cross-section (RCS) will be less than tb2, because of it size.
It’s RCS will be fairly low I think. It’s MX-10 Wescam Electro optical system will be capable for the drone.

In the future if they develop a larger UCAV it will be much more capable with Thunder, Nasef, Al Tariq and other munitions.

It’s RCS will be fairly low I think. It’s MX-10 Wescam Electro optical system will be capable for the drone.

In the future if they develop a larger UCAV it will be much more capable with Thunder, Nasef, Al Tariq and other munitions.
I agree with you, I think the main purpose of reach-s is light weight cost effective armed UAV, so if they loos few of them in operations to counter terrorist groups for example it wont be big deal.

armored with desert sting that will be great,

Also they have there Electro optical system called gamble 270. UCAV still a way ahead to make them locally but I think they have Enough UCAV for now for example Chinese ch4 ,5 & wing long and maybe 18 armed MQ9 from USA in resent future.

I agree with you, I think the main purpose of reach-s is light weight cost effective armed UAV, so if they loos few of them in operations to counter terrorist groups for example it wont be big deal.

armored with desert sting that will be great,

Also they have there Electro optical system called gamble 270. UCAV still a way ahead to make them locally but I think they have Enough UCAV for now for example Chinese ch4 ,5 & wing long and maybe 18 armed MQ9 from USA in resent future.
A larger drone in the MQ-9 size wouldn’t be that hard to make for Halcon.

They developed a lot of the subsystems required and moving to a larger aircraft structure isn’t that hard.

Gimbal 270 is a small EO/IR system but a larger one is needed with better specification.

They are developing jet engines as well meaning a jet engine powered UCAV could be an option in the MIUS role.

Last edited:
A larger drone in the MQ-9 size wouldn’t be that hard to make for Halcon.

They developed a lot of the subsystems required and moving to a larger aircraft structure isn’t that hard.

Gimbal 270 is a small EO/IR system but a larger one is needed with better specification.

They are developing jet engines as well meaning a jet engine powered UCAV could be an option in the MIUS role.
yes you are right about it "isn't hard" for them, because they already made basic UCAV Ybhon united 40 & flash 20 from Adcom system

but no real success on advertising it to UAEAF or real combat footage although they lunch it since 2014 only seen in Algeria with name al jazaier 55&54 in 2019 and Egypt 2021 with name June 30.

UAE have the ground and the resource to make them but maybe other Priorities.

yes you are right about it "isn't hard" for them, because they already made basic UCAV Ybhon united 40 & flash 20 from Adcom system

but no real success on advertising it to UAEAF or real combat footage although they lunch it since 2014 only seen in Algeria with name al jazaier 55&54 in 2019 and Egypt 2021 with name June 30.

UAE have the ground and the resource to make them but maybe other Priorities.
how much defense export uae did in 2021?

how much defense export uae did in 2021?

With a combined annual revenue of $5 billion, Edge employs more than 12,000 individuals, and it will consolidate a number of companies and other entities totaling 25 subsidiaries. Those subsidiaries include Nimr, AMMROC, Abu Dhabi Ship Building, Al Tariq, Caracal, Emirates Advanced Research and Technology Holding, ADASI, Al Hosn, Al Jasoor, Al Taif, APT, Beacon RED, EPI, ERS, ETS, GAL, Halcon, Horizon, Jaheziya, Knowledge Point, Lahab, Remaya, and Sign4l.

according to "SIPRI" 2021

see reference :

UAE ranked 18 globally in worlds largest arms producer 2021

see page NO. 2

https://www.sipri.org/sites/default/files/2022-03/fs_2203_at_2021.pdf

With a combined annual revenue of $5 billion, Edge employs more than 12,000 individuals, and it will consolidate a number of companies and other entities totaling 25 subsidiaries. Those subsidiaries include Nimr, AMMROC, Abu Dhabi Ship Building, Al Tariq, Caracal, Emirates Advanced Research and Technology Holding, ADASI, Al Hosn, Al Jasoor, Al Taif, APT, Beacon RED, EPI, ERS, ETS, GAL, Halcon, Horizon, Jaheziya, Knowledge Point, Lahab, Remaya, and Sign4l.

according to "SIPRI" 2021

see reference :

UAE ranked 18 globally in worlds largest arms producer 2021

see page NO. 2

https://www.sipri.org/sites/default/files/2022-03/fs_2203_at_2021.pdf
how much money? israel 11.2 bilion

62995.jpg

this-picture-taken-on-november-14-2021-shows-a-view-of-the-reachs-picture-id1236561838

Look at the nose of Bayraktar and the nose of Reach-S.. You will notice that the nose of Bayraktar is more tapered, and this flatness in the body is generally connected to the three air holes above and on the sides of the body on the side of the engine.. While you will notice that the Reach-S has a more rounded nose and this is connected to the hull as it arches lower to the single engine hatch (which is located above the rear of the hull)

The wheels are somewhat different, although they are similar in that they are retractable,,,

The wings in Bayraktar point upwards the farther from the body, while in the Reach S they are straight..

REACH-S 🇦🇪
Speed: 80 knots
Max Altitude: 19000 feet
Payload: 120kg
Range: 200 km
Roaming: 24 hours

Bayraktar TB2 🇹🇷
Speed: 70 knots
Max Altitude: 27000 feet
Payload: 150 kg
Range: 150 km
Roaming: 27 hours
Short legs - constrained by LOS comms.

Satcom has become a necessity for long ranges through BLOS comms.

Back
Top Bottom