What's new

Looters during the earthquake...

Foinikas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Some people are really despicable. And I'm not talking of course about the people who have no help from the State and take some items from supermarkets,but the scum that find this chance to loot various stores and even try to rob aid trucks (probably to sell all that stuff in the black market).

FFS there was a guy stealing a washing-machine from a big store! A woman was caught stealing perfumes and ear-rings!

I swear the only posts Foinikas posts here are to defame Turkey and Turkey for his own political gain.

Idk if these people are looting or not, thought stealing happens everywhere, but scavenging after a disaster is not necessarily something thats unique, and obviously there are some poeple that take advantage of situations, but as a whole people try to look for supplies or whatever food/water and whatever shelter they can find after a disaster, its not uncommon, in the US for example after Katrina there were no social services, and people had to scavenge to survive before supplies could reach them.

I swear the only posts Foinikas posts here are to defame Turkey and Turkey for his own political gain.

Idk if these people are looting or not, thought stealing happens everywhere, but scavenging after a disaster is not necessarily something thats unique, and obviously there are some poeple that take advantage of situations, but as a whole people try to look for supplies or whatever food/water and whatever shelter they can find after a disaster, its not uncommon, in the US for example after Katrina there were no social services, and people had to scavenge to survive before supplies could reach them.
How am I defaming Turkey by showing what despicable people are doing? There's not just Turkish looters,there's Kurds,Arabs and Turkmens etc.
And it's not about getting necessary things,they're looting whatever they can sell in the black market or don't actually need right now.

What's she gonna do with jewellery and perfumes? If you watch the videos, there's a couple that looted whole boxes full of drinks. Others were in a cell-phone store grabbing stuff. Others were getting inside houses.

People who speak Turkish can translate and give us more context.

Stop rushing to accuse me of whatever nonsense you imagine.

Almost all the looters are in custody, many of them fell down the stairs. Some hit their heads on the door as they fled. Others surrendered in remorse, taking off everything they were wearing and lying down in the snow. Our law enforcement officers advised them politely that what they were doing was not right. Other allegations are baseless. The situation is now under control.

Last edited:
Some people are really despicable. And I'm not talking of course about the people who have no help from the State and take some items from supermarkets,but the scum that find this chance to loot various stores and even try to rob aid trucks (probably to sell all that stuff in the black market).

FFS there was a guy stealing a washing-machine from a big store! A woman was caught stealing perfumes and ear-rings!

You look antimated bro. What is the occasion?

Yeah. Lively, excited, energetic etc. Is everything okay?

PS. I wouldn't play pety politics now if I were you.
Where do you see pety politics? If there was an earthquake in Netherlands and there were scum running to loot,wouldn't you be annoyed or even enraged? Wouldn't you find that repulsive?

Why do you guys lose the meaning and search for supposed "provocations" or "pety politics" in such a post? A major disaster happened and we are discussing it. Looters appeared,emptying cell-phone stores,house appliances stores and stealing stuff that have nothing to do with survival. Don't you find that shameless? Despicable? It happened in the US too during the BLM protests for example.

Where do you see pety politics? If there was an earthquake in Netherlands and there were scum running to loot,wouldn't you be annoyed or even enraged? Wouldn't you find that repulsive?

Why do you guys lose the meaning and search for supposed "provocations" or "pety politics" in such a post? A major disaster happened and we are discussing it. Looters appeared,emptying cell-phone stores,house appliances stores and stealing stuff that have nothing to do with survival. Don't you find that shameless? Despicable? It happened in the US too during the BLM protests for example.

Unfortunately, due to your past record people simply don't trust your motives. Often when you post news related to Turkey it is negative and with the purpose to defame the country. Don't get angry when people question your motive.

Unfortunately, due to your past record people simply don't trust your motives. Often when you post news related to Turkey it is negative and with the purpose to defame the country. Don't get angry when people question your motive.
It's certain people who do that. And they have to learn,that I'm not doing..."propaganda" against Turkey,just talking about things that happen in the region. And I definetely am not posting negative things during such a disaster.Apart from that,watch the videos. Such looters exist everywhere. These people are vultures. A city is devastated,people are trying to survive and you have small gangs or individuals,local or foreign,who steal phones and empty all the supplies from stores.

Don't you find something wrong with that picture?

Note that there was no looting reported in 1999 earthquakes. This is mostly Syrians.

Note that there was no looting reported in 1999 earthquakes. This is mostly Syrians.
In the 99 earthquake, there was massive looting. Worse, organ trafficking also took place. We still don't know the exact situation in this earthquake and the true picture will become clear in weeks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom