What's new

Jordanian Air Chief receives briefing about JFT at PAC !

Kompromat

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Commander Royal Jordanian Air Force visits Air Headquarters

Abdul Qayyum Chaudhry

62278_1562971907303_1025517435_1642940_3915181_n.jpg

Islamabad—Major General Malek Salameh Habashneh, Commander Royal Jordanian Air Force, visited Air Headquarters during an official visit to Pakistan on the invitation of Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force, on Monday.

On his arrival at Air Headquarters, a smartly turned out contingent of Pakistan Air Force presented the Guard of Honour. The distinguished guest also paid homage to the martyrs of PAF by laying floral wreath on Martyrs’ Monument. Major General Malek Salameh Habashneh also called on Air Chief Marshal Rao Qamar Suleman.

Both remained together for some time and discussed matters of professional interest. The distinguished guest also attended a briefing on the organization, role and functioning of PAF.

Later, the delegation visited Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra. On arrival Major General Malek Salameh Habashneh, was received by the Chairman, Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Board Kamra Air Marshal Farhat Hussain Khan. The delegation was given a detailed briefing on the activities of PAC.

The team visited different areas of the PAC. The delegation showed keen interest in the areas of mutual cooperation. During the visit of factories, the respective managing directors explained the different processes involved in the rebuild of life exhausted aircraft. The guests also saw the indigenously built JF-17 Thunder aircraft, which is being manufactured by Aircraft Manufacturing Factory.

Commander Royal Jordanian Air Force visits Air Headquarters

the news is silent on his openion about the JFT, we can safely assume this to be a routine matter until something conceret turns up.

the news is silent on his openion about the JFT, we can safely assume this to be a routine matter until something conceret turns up.

JFT has visited Jordan , i hope they join this program , it would be great for everyone.

JFT has visited Jordan , i hope they join this program , it would be great for everyone.

No doubt it will be, but I still think its too early to assum some development on Jordan unless we have a word from them

Jordan and Turkey i personally know have very close relations with PAF . A decade ago as a cadet in PAF College Sargodha I remember, we were visited by Jordinian air force officials .They wanted to know more about training in PAF . Similarly as cadets we often visited Sargodha air base and there we met Turkish F16 pilots on a few occassions . Jordan i think will buy JFT 's (even if the number is small) because of their already strong links with PAF.

Friends, Jordan has been in the US camp for long and it is they (US) who decide whether to finance or not, purchases the Jordanian armed forces think they need.

Plus, arbis don't buy weapons in any way other than through private individuals ($$)

Nobody buys anything for the sake of strong releation..but seriously JFT needs better engines, avionics, weapon suite and more composite material before being able to compete full fledge in international market. I see the weakest point being the engine yet to be battle proven. I think PAF is gearing up for JFT-2 hence the increased marketing forgien delegates for souping up funding / launch orders.

There is possibility of Jordanians going for JFT, they have F-5s long enough with 35 F-5E/F TII they will need to be replaced.
There are genuine reasons to replace F-5s, not that us of a would not give them more F-16 possibly Block 50 upgrades but Jordanians F-16 which are BVR capable have not many missiles in their inventory and us is not keen to supplement them with the increase in number of bvr missiles.
This is a terrible joke Jordanians have 63 F-16s, supplemented with 50 AIM 120C AMRAAM.
They seriously need bvr missiles in their inventory and us is in no mood. And I am not going to take the word that us controls Jordanians totally. us financing is limited its not like they would juice up 90% from their pockets us means business not giving away free.
JFT does fit the bill in even if us finances more F-16s how much do you think us would grant.

Note: $39 million for 50 AIM120C and asociated equiptment, How generous of US..with aim120c variant cost $300,000-$400,000 x50 = $20 million add up associated equiptments should make up $22 million this mean us makes apprx $17 million out of this contract so where is the us generosity or us financing. As far as I know it was Jordanians money paid by Jordanians.

Last edited:
Even if they want to buy it, Yanks will not allow them to do so. They are too much under US influence.

Friends, Jordan has been in the US camp for long and it is they (US) who decide whether to finance or not, purchases the Jordanian armed forces think they need.

Plus, arbis don't buy weapons in any way other than through private individuals ($$)

Muse :

I am not a huge fan of the Jordanians but that said, I know that Jordanian Government and Jordanian forces are two different things.

Jordanian Army and Air force has had a cosy relationship with Pakistan.

Jordanian royalty too has history with PA.
:pakistan:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom