What's new

Jf17 and Mig 35 remain the only options being evaluated for increasing interest: Argentine air force

Sir,
I have been following the threads on Argentina's depleting economy and the requirement to procure modern military equipment. The desire to win the Falkland Island back militarily is one of the foremost requirement, there was an article that I read a few years back when the Royal British Navy retired their only aircraft carrier it is now or never for the Argentine armed forces.

The Argentine Airforce over the years tried to find an alternate for their aging Mirage III's and always lost to either US or European parts. Hence considering the JF-17 / FC-1 it would be really difficult for PAC to provide an aircraft without 100% parts or licensed equipment or components having patents or trademark in Europe or America.

One question that comes to my mind is the weapons package that would be selected as Argentina is not on ideal terms with Brazil and potential effects on Brazil - Pakistan Relations specially in light of MAR1 anti radiation missile.

No doubt after Brazil Airforce procurement and manufacturing of JAS Gripen Argentinian's are lacking in defensive capabilities not just against UK but also Brazil.
In all likelihood, Argentina would pick-up the weapons package offered by AVIC. In fact, it seems that the main contractual driver of this specific deal is AVIC, so the Argentinians will likely get everything from non-ITAR (and non-UK) weapons, subsystems, and a credit line to back the deal. China isn't only interested in selling JF-17s, but in all likelihood, other equipment to Argentina as well.

I wouldn't worry about Russia either. Argentina is on thin ice (just like Pakistan), so it isn't going to test the US' resolve over CAATSA, especially when the US is key to trade, finance, and other necessary elements.

In all likelihood, Argentina would pick-up the weapons package offered by AVIC. In fact, it seems that the main contractual driver of this specific deal is AVIC, so the Argentinians will likely get everything from non-ITAR (and non-UK) weapons, subsystems, and a credit line to back the deal. China isn't only interested in selling JF-17s, but in all likelihood, other equipment to Argentina as well.

I wouldn't worry about Russia either. Argentina is on thin ice (just like Pakistan), so it isn't going to test the US' resolve over CAATSA, especially when the US is key to trade, finance, and other necessary elements.

That’s a very good point. I hadn’t considered it in my analysis. Russia might as well as get some cash via engine sales if they can’t export fighters.

My primary concern about competition with MIG-35 is that MIG is desperate for sales and Russia may resort to kooky tactics to gain an advantage, like choking engine export. If the Argentina deal originally requires RD-93 engines and the Russians deny export, China could fill in with WS-13 but that may result in reevaluation and a whole host of other complications.

Underhanded tactics are part of the arms industry. UK blocked the sales of FA-50 to Argentina while the US has sanctions placed on Russia.

They should go for mig 35, suits better to their needs when they have a larger space to defend with more depth than Pakistan.

IMO ... if those are the finalists, then I think the JF-17 will win. Why? CAATSA.

I disagree, it would make more sense for Argentina to move onto the JF-17's rather than the Mig-35's and not simply because of CAATSA.

Russia has no experience with the Mirage III's whereas Pakistan does and it's that tradition/experience which has been built into the JF-17's.

I can only surmise that the learning curb and transition to the JF-17 would be a lot smoother particularly considering our fighter pilots can train them and show them how to use their current drills, techniques and experience from the perspective of former Mirage III fighter pilots to best defend their borders and interests.

The argentine article above, apparently the comments are disgusting and they are against getting the jf17, if it’s true they don’t deserve the jf17 imo.

however by disgusting I meant “anti-Pakistan/jf“

I don't think the Argentinian Air Force is basing their decision on what people are saying online.

I didn't come across any rude/disgusting comments targeting Pakistan or the JF-17 either.

It simply appeared some were concerned with the use of British parts (ex. the Martin Baker ejection seat) in the fighter jet but as others stated those are interchangeable.

However, I'm pretty confident the Argentinians have seen the massive strides made with the JF-17 since its Block I configuration and are aware that the sky is the limit with possible future upgrades/configurations everything from new missiles to new radars to new engines whereas I don't see the Mig-35 changing much if at all.

How will the UK react to Pakistan, if Pakistan sells the JF17 to Argentina? Will the UK react by cancelling 302 million pounds ( $400million/year ) of foreign aid. Can Pakistan afford to lose this amount of foreign exchange to its kitty every year in return for a one off sale of JF17s?

Why would Pakistan sign deal which upset UK, here Our peace'fools think we can not afford to send back French ambassador despite blatant terrorism against Islam on State level, How would they upset UK with whom we have much deeper ties?

You cant live off aid all the time. A one time sale is still better than borrowed money that puts us to disadvantage and armtwisting by the West.

Pakistan doesn't need more financial AID what it needs is industry and name brands of its own.

We produce shoes, clothes and sports equipment for other brands whereas a company like Nike alone generates more revenues than foreign exchange we earn from all our exports in any given year.

We are literally earning pennies on the dollar.

The financial AID that Pakistan gets is nothing compared to the taxes it can collect to finance its industries and grow its economy.

This may seem like a small deal but it's HUGE for a country like Pakistan. How many countries are involved in the production and sale of high tech military hardware globally?

This one deal will land more deals in the future and not just for military hardware but a host of other goods particularly electronics.

There are no shortage of peak-IK-type personalities across business, engineering, medicine, media, etc. But their talents and efforts are benefitting the US, UK, and UAE, not Pakistan.

That reminds me of my father who came to Canada on a full academic scholarship, graduated at the top of his class and was recruited before he even graduated by a top Canadian engineering company at the time.

No private company nor the Pakistani government could ever match the salary he got in Canada (adjusted for inflation I believe he started at around $100K a year within a year or two out of University) but he wanted to live and work in Pakistan and hoped that he would get married and raise his kids there.

My father is an honest man and when the only decent jobs were with the government corruption kept him out.

My personal view is that corruption exists because of a lack of private companies which is a byproduct of a lack of government lead investment in local industries to help them start and grow.

It's like this whole focus on land mafia's when farmland and real estate is given far more importance than it deserves because people don't have higher paying office or manufacturing jobs.

The Japanese and Koreans protected their local brands (ex. Samsung, Toyota, etc...), provided them with funding and opportunities to acquire the largest market share of their domestic market before opening up to foreign competition whereas Pakistan doesn't.

Don't bring Tejas in this thread sir may be Indian will also ruin this thread

I don't even understand why the Tejas is even discussed as a competitor to anything.

On paper yes, but that's on paper.

On paper the r77-1 could perform similarly to the AMRAAM AIM 120C. We saw how that went
Brother do realize they sits in same category LIGHT WEIGHT category and dont invite Indian trolls in this thread brother, if you want i prove you wrong about 27 feb and it also about tactics/training/strategies how to use their weapons and Indian shows bad tactics on 27 feb against PAF

Brother do realize they sits in same category LIGHT WEIGHT category and dont invite Indian trolls in this thread brother, if you want i prove you wrong about 27 feb and it also about tactics/training/strategies how to use their weapons and Indian shows bad tactics on 27 feb against PAF
Hm?

All I was saying was we bested their r77-1 aam. We literally jammed their radars and weapon systems.

Hm?

All I was saying was we bested their r77-1 aam. We literally jammed their radars and weapon systems.
We were Not jammed any Indian radars ànd weapon systems but only their communication systems according to all senior ànd professional members on PDF
Ànd their R-77 has a range of only 80 km whereas our AMRAAM C5 has a range of 105 km so we had have the BVR advantage over them

We were Not jammed any Indian radars ànd weapon systems but only their communication systems according to all senior ànd professional members on PDF
Ànd their R-77 has a range of only 80 km whereas our AMRAAM C5 has a range of 105 km so we had have the BVR advantage over them
I thought we jammed their radars as well including their sam radars which is why they didn't fire a single missile be it SAM or aam in our direction.

Also also according to the iaf the stated range of the r77 is exaggerated and its far less than it.

I thought we jammed their radars as well including their sam radars which is why they didn't fire a single missile be it SAM or aam in our direction.

Also also according to the iaf the stated range of the r77 is exaggerated and its far less than it.
No we jammed only their communications ànd those long range SAMs like S-300 were in the South defending their major cities ànd industrial complexes ànd haven't any range to reach battlefield in much north

Ànd as for BVR we have a advantage over them as i already told you
Ànd PAF deny them at BVR arena so they didn't able to use short ranged air to air missile like R-73 also

Reporting is incorrect - China is selling FC-1 Block III, that is DIFFERENT from JF17 Block III ... and it is not a matter of being pedantic..
It is the same just a matter of politics and pakistan not having the will or political clout to risk angering UK and possibly USA

On paper yes, but that's on paper.

On paper the r77-1 could perform similarly to the AMRAAM AIM 120C. We saw how that went

R77 was never ordered by Russian af because initial type very not very good only later on Russian themselves Became customer anyway might mki myth was busted big time ans iaf accepted it they even accepted mig 21 missing only after the pilot was paraded so

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom