What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I assumed RD-93MA would basically be RD-33MK. It's lighter, more powerful, uses FADEC, and is smokeless. It's a natural evolution for the JF-17 program (similar to how Gripen went from F404 to F414).

I thought the RD-93MA was/is the RD-33 performance level?
RD-33MK[edit]

RD-33MK
The RD-33MK "Morskaya Osa" (Russian: Морская Оса: "Sea Wasp") is the latest model developed in 2001. It is intended to power the MiG-29K and MiG-29KUB shipborne fighters, however it has also been adopted for the MiG-35. The RD-33MK develops 7% higher thrust, is digitally controlled FADEC and smokeless unlike earlier RD-33 engines, has increased afterburner thrust to 9,000 kilograms-force (88,000 N; 20,000 lbf) and dry weight 1,145 kilograms (2,524 lb) compared to the baseline model through modern materials used on the cooled blades, although it retains the same length and maximum diameter. Incorporated is an infrared and optical signature visibility reduction systems. Service life has been increased to 4,000 hours. The RD-33MK ensures shipborne fighters unassisted take-off capability, retain performance in hot climate environment and, naturally, a boost in combat efficiency for MiG-29 fighter latest variant.[9][10]

I assumed RD-93MA would basically be RD-33MK. It's lighter, more powerful, uses FADEC, and is smokeless. It's a natural evolution for the JF-17 program (similar to how Gripen went from F404 to F414).
Exactly my thinking too

Until the Chinese options mature Pakistan should utilize worming relationship with Russia to get latest engine with option to maintenance facility inside Pakistan. As the other senior member said jf-17 should go for rd_93mk/mka for following aircraft.

H Khan of pakdef :
H KhanYesterday, 11:22 AM
PAF/PAC weighing option to upgrade JF-17 RD-93 engine to RD-33MK and Chinese WS-13 engines

Last edited:
My friend all I would say at the risk of it being obvious is that Pakistan cannot match India buck for buck or in this case fighter for fighter. The lack of parity will exist due to sheer difference in resources. That doesn't mean PAF cannot hold to it's objective which is to deny India air superiority on Pakistani soil. Smart planning involving - Air defence systems, SIGINT/ELINT capabilities and mid tier interceptors with top end avionics and BVR capability should prove sufficient enough to deter IAF at the fraction of money IAF spends.

It would do well to remember that even USAF doesn't attack Iran and N.Korea in the absence of certainty that their forces will prevail with minimum losses.

Hello all
Thanks for reply, I have not mean matching IAF in numbers as fighter by fighter nor when can give PAF the money that you guys arte giving to IAF, That's is truth and realty and I m not afraid to admit this.
sir if u give Pakistan a grantee that u will not use SU30(with su35 upgrade kit) in war against our JF17 block 3 which will defiantly have short legs or your Rafale or PAk FA(5th Gen) Then I m and I will be not worried about the seize air frame and capabilities(avionics , engine etc) and also there numbers .
WE don't have to match IAF in numbers but we surly need numbers so the gape wont go out of control(its effect mentally and also operationally) We need birds to fly in our air and at the same time birds attacking enemies advancing or defending armies and birds for deep strike or medium deep strike in side enemy territory all at same time ,
In modern war we can't put one mission on hold for other (birds shortage because all busy defending our own airspace ), your High Opps in IAF are not mad they are spending money for some reason, and they are doing good (some time late and some time do some stupidities) in the end they are getting what IAF needs( quality and Mass quantity edge and also trying there best to stop any Bird sell or any avionics sell to PAF)
What we want from our PAF is to use money on right things and ask more money if they need (don't only say we looking this or we looking for that also say we need money too openly) , Just upgrade JF17 Airframe the engine and all required stuff bring it Gripen NG level or even better (F16 Block 60) so it can really become a mid tier interceptor(as u said ) or even much more a best 4++ single engine multirole bird (best for all 3 type of wars)
PAF want 250+ JF17 what I like to see is JF17 Block 4 (NG) level not a small leg advance block 3.
Thank u for reading , and sorry for any mistake

Somewhere last week I read that 4 new F 16 will be delivered to PAF later this month.
Any source can confirm it?
As according to information available about this agreement, deliveries supposed to start next year 2017.
Any correction will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Not sure, but might be tribune. The article was about IAF participating with Singapore and having some practice with latest F16.

For example if rd 93 replaced with Rd-33 mk(FADEC) so how much loiter timeand range will increase of jft.

For example if rd 93 replaced with Rd-33 mk(FADEC) so how much loiter timeand range will increase of jft.
I wouldn't be able to help with specific info, but a more efficient engine could help in fuel consumption, which could help increase the loiter time and range. The difference won't be huge. To increase range and loiter time substantially, one would need to enlarge and lighten the airframe, which I don't recall being on the cards for Block-III (or at all). One way around that could be to incorporate conformal fuel tanks.

nciRG9n.jpg
0rspj4B.jpg
HmaDqrG.jpg
2ulIdCD.jpg

gW6dMeX.jpg
uSKxOhf.jpg
tsMxL3U.jpg
65POOuD.jpg

■[Google translation from Italian]■

Special Defense: Pakistan presents new JF-17 Thunder fighter at the International Marrakech Air Show

Rabat, 27 April 15:30 - (Agenzia Nova) - The Pakistani Armed Forces are preparing to attend the International Marrakech Air Show, which begins today in southern Morocco. For Islamabad at present his latest hunt, the JF-17 Thunder.According to the Moroccan press, it is no coincidence that Pakistan has chosen the exhibition to reveal the aircraft, in fact, the objective would be to sell the plane Moroccan aviation precisely because of the difficulty of placing the product on the market. It is expected that at the end of the Air Show in Marrakech Pakistan can sign a contract of sale of this aircraft with Nigeria. For the informative website "Hespress" will be difficult to persuade Morocco to buy these aircraft being used in more technologically advanced products. The Thunder FJ-17 is a multi-role fighter jointly developed by Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and the Chinese Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC). The aircraft can be used for aerial reconnaissance, ground attack and interception of aircraft. The designation "JF-17" by Pakistan is short for "Joint Fighter-17", while the Chinese name is "FC1 Xiaolong," or "Fighter China 1 Fierce Dragon". (Res)
© Agency Nova - Playing reserved

http://www.agenzianova.com/a/5720c0...er-jf-17-all-international-marrakech-air-show

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom