What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asa to all , i m new on defence.pk .Can anybody please tell the date or month when block 2 jf-17 coming out?

Asa to all , i m new on defence.pk .Can anybody please tell the date or month when block 2 jf-17 coming out?

1. Please introduce yourself on the Member's Introduction section: Members Introduction
2. Try to use the search function to find answers before asking questions.
3. Nobody can tell for sure any date for introduction of JF-17 Block2. It might happen before end of October, but this is just a guess. Leakage of information about JF-17 is tightly controlled and unless there is some official information regarding this, we can only make guesses. You can go to this thread and see if you can find some information by yourself: First Block 2 JF-17s under construction in Pakistan

Welcome to the forum!

situation in middle east is going critical
hope this will be good for jf-17 thunder export

situation in middle east is going critical
hope this will be good for jf-17 thunder export

How come!! its gonna be otherwise as far as i think....as was in case of egypt...chaos can effect the economy and can change the priorities...jf-17 isn't a game changer anyway.

How come!! its gonna be otherwise as far as i think....as was in case of egypt...chaos can effect the economy and can change the priorities...jf-17 isn't a game changer anyway.

Its an affordable numbers plane, and in numbers it is a game changer for a defender.

jordon and iraq

These are long shots at best. If Jordan felt a deficit of aircraft, it would not have sold F-16 ADF planes to Pakistan.

Its an affordable numbers plane, and in numbers it is a game changer for a defender.

During chaos when economy is down you always look for how to utilize the current resources to cope up with immediate threat rather than going for a far fetched thing ...besides even if one wants to look for new resources in such case one will always prefer to go for already tested one so the delivery and adaptation phase is smooth rather than going for something yet to be tested in real scenario and which requires time to deliver ...In such dire situation paying a minor fraction more doesnt cost you ....If we take an example of egypt in any such case they will prefer to go for mig-29 which can be delivered in a more hasty manner with less mess considering three parties involved compared to one and considering paf's own requirements are not met besides there isn't much cost difference considering mig-29 costs you on average 28 million dollars vs 25 million dollars for jf-17 (20 million for bit scaled down version)

28 million for a tested platform less mess quick deliveries one source for all goodies in such scenario is not a bad bet ....especially when you are thinking of saving your a$$ rather thn focusing on what might be strategic implications in long run

I do not blame Egyptians for going for Mig29. The arabs pay for them so who cares about a few millions more or less. But will the arabs pay for the double maintenance costs? And will they still accept less international options on their mig29? And what about they past? The Russians always sold downgraded planes to arabs. Or even flew them for them. And we will not go to train them either in their mig29's... So is it a good move? I doubt it. But we have to look in the mirror. The block1 JF17 was nothing near mig29. The block2 will be serious more an option but block 3 will be able to compete very effectively. But the price will be higher then mig29 now.

The RD93MA is ready and offered to Pakistan. Pakistan is not interested yet. I try to find out what the reason is. Either China has a better (cheaper or less depending on Mig29 competition rules) or it wants lower price and TOT.

I do not blame Egyptians for going for Mig29. The arabs pay for them so who cares about a few millions more or less. But will the arabs pay for the double maintenance costs? And will they still accept less international options on their mig29? And what about they past? The Russians always sold downgraded planes to arabs. Or even flew them for them. And we will not go to train them either in their mig29's... So is it a good move? I doubt it. But we have to look in the mirror. The block1 JF17 was nothing near mig29. The block2 will be serious more an option but block 3 will be able to compete very effectively. But the price will be higher then mig29 now.

The RD93MA is ready and offered to Pakistan. Pakistan is not interested yet. I try to find out what the reason is. Either China has a better (cheaper or less depending on Mig29 competition rules) or it wants lower price and TOT.

Munir that was in context to a particular scenario we were discussing about "very immediate threat & chaos as opposed to long run strategic implications"...and with your this statement you further strengthened my argument that on immediate basis mig-29 is a better ready and equipped plane besides with a potential of quick deliveries and involvement of single party

The block1 JF17 was nothing near mig29. The block2 will be serious more an option but block 3 will be able to compete very effectively

Munir that was in context to a particular scenario we were discussing about "very immediate threat & chaos as opposed to long run strategic implications"...and with your this statement you further strengthened my argument that on immediate basis mig-29 is a better ready and equipped plane besides with a potential of quick deliveries and involvement of single party
The block1 JF17 was nothing near mig29. The block2 will be serious more an option but block 3 will be able to compete very effectively

It is always nice that posters agree. ;)

It is always nice that posters agree. ;)

Munir sir,i have been keenly following this thread and your's and oscar's posts since i joined this forum in 2011...We have been told multiple times by many respectable members here that SD 10A has been integrated into JF 17 block 1 but recent articles posted about the emergence of block 2 indicate that induction of this block 2 would enable it to integrate SD 10 and C 802,which suggets that block 1 hasn't been able to integrate these Missiles,there is alot of confusion...Would you please clarify it a bit..

Thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom