What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally specs from PAC, Ferry Range is impressive almost 3500km, but Max takeoff weight is not 28000 lbs but 27,300 lbs so far less , so is max external load 7900 lb compared to Mirage 4000kg or 8800lbs but I think the wing tip sidewinders are included in normal weight i.e. 20,000l lbs , assuming 90kg each for sidewinder type that 180 kg therefore 7900 lbs + 180 kg but I may be wrong.

Internal fuel like F5 little over 5000lbs or 2300 kg.There were rumors that proto 04 had increased it to 5500lbs or 2500 kg but looks like it is not the case

RD93 has more thrust in full burner than RD-33 and its bypass ration .49 is better so good fuel consumption compared to M-53 P2 ~ .09

Attachments

• JF-17 Specs.jpg
    JF-17 Specs.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Maybe it something that is totally logic but every time I enter this forum I just swiflty move through posts of the most important posters... And getting real insight info on this level is unbelievable. With this era of internet and so many nice people that want to share info or pics it is difficult to shut down the computer... On the other hand it is a way to meet friends we could never have or share views with persons on the other side... So now and then handy to release some pressure. There are a couple of posters that need to be decorated just because they are here... The think tank members (I am surely the least important person) are something that make me come back every day... But I am proud to add that there are a lot more very impressive posters. Good job.

Sir, you r being too modest!

Both supposed to be from IDEAS 2008 but # do not match

Max ext. load and other too like 7900 lbs vs 4600kg??

Are these both from IDEAS 2008?? which one is correct?

Attachments

• JF-17Specs2.jpg
    JF-17Specs2.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 106
BUSINESS
Date Posted: 01-Dec-2008

Jane's Defence Weekly

Pakistan seeks Chinese loan for fighter purchase

Jon Grevatt Jane's Asia-Pacific Industry Reporter - Bangkok

Pakistan's economic crisis has prompted the government to seek soft loans from China in order to pay for initial deliveries of Chinese-designed JF-17 and J-10 fighter aircraft, chief of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed has revealed.

Speaking through the PakistanI government's news agency on 25 November at the country's International Defence Exhibition and Seminar in Karachi, ACM Ahmed said Pakistan was planning to approach both the Chinese government and China's private sector for the loans.

Jane's estimates that the value of the loans could be in excess of USD2 billion.

ACM Ahmed revealed that between USD700 to USD800 million would be required for the initial batch of 40 to 42 JF-17s, and that "the government would also seek credit facility on easy terms and conditions" for the purchase of the J-10s.

The PAF has so far taken delivery of eight Sino-Pakistan developed JF-17 aircraft although it plans to induct up to 250 units by 2013.

The majority of these aircraft will be manufactured by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) at Kamra.

The eight JF-17 aircraft that have been delivered to the PAF are currently undergoing an evaluation process, added ACM Ahmed, which is expected to be complete in 2009.

Although ACM Ahmed neither specified the number of J-10s to be procured nor their cost, earlier in November he confirmed that Pakistan was planning to acquire 36 units by 2010. The value of this deal is estimated to be around USD1.5 billion.

In addition to the procurement of these Chinese aircraft, the PAF has also ordered 18 F-16 Block 50/52 aircraft - comprising 12 single-seat C variants and six two-seat D variants - and is also upgrading up to 46 of its fleet of older F-16A/B aircraft through Foreign Military Financing (FMF) funds from the United States.

Additionally, the Pakistan Navy is to receive eight former US Navy P-3C Orion maritime patrol aircraft, also through FMF funds.

On 15 November Islamabad agreed a USD7.6 billion loan from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in order to meet what the IMF said was a "serious balance of payment difficulties".

Two days later Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani stated that that although the IMF loan was a "last resort" the country's Fiscal Year 2009 defence budget of USD3.8 billion would not be affected.

© 2008 Jane's Information Group

Both supposed to be from IDEAS 2008 but # do not match

Max ext. load and other too like 7900 lbs vs 4600kg??

Are these both from IDEAS 2008?? which one is correct?

I think the first1 (with ext load 7900lbs/3700kgs) will be having RD93 engine (11300lb of dry thrust) and the second pic shows the configuration if WS13A engine (having dry thrust 13000lb) is fitted on later models :D

Surely you guys will ike this...

Last edited by a moderator:
sir its prototepe 04 when it was under trail am i right ? nice viedeo

JF-17 Thunder
FC-1 Fierce Dragon
JF-17 in the testing phase - 2006
Role Multirole fighter
Manufacturer Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex
First flight 25 August 2003
Introduced 12 March 2007
Status Serial production beginning / In active service with Pakistan
Primary users Pakistan Air Force
PLA Air Force
Produced In China: June 2007-???? / In Pakistan: January 2008-????
Number built 4 prototypes
10 delivered
Unit cost US$15-20 million (estimated).

Comparable aircraft

* Dassault Mirage 2000
* F-16 Fighting Falcon
* F-20 Tigershark
* HAL Tejas
* IAR 95

8 G-Limit is also good. a pilot generally experience 3-6G maneuverability in a jet.
may be you didn't heard of "G-Loc"

pilot experience 3 to 6 this is why J-10, Typhoon plane had 9 g-limit? & what about max speed 1.6.

G-LOC, Loss Of Consciousness

An un-trained individual not used to the g-straining manoeuvre, can black out between 4 and 6 g, particularly if this is pulled suddenly. A trained, fit individual wearing a g suit and practising the straining manoeuvre, can, with some difficulty, sustain up to 9g without loss of consciousness.

can we conclude that it need more powerful engine.

in my earlier post i said confused. because diff. internet sources was saying 8.5 & 1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom