What's new

JF-17 fighter jet gets J-20’s combat missile: reports (Global times)

claim by the manufacturer and developer. Actually. nothing new.

All developer and manufacturer company makes the same claim (World best or one of the best)...

Rather making silly comments, tell us if there is any similar HOBS missile india bought with Rafael package? I tried to search but couldn't find any information. If not, then I am afraid your rafale going to get screwed badly both in BVR and WVR.

Rumor has it that it is a smaller BVR missile, possibly with folded fins, that could better fit into the J-20’s main bay. Basically PL-15 performance miniaturized so that J-20 could carry six of them.
That would mean it will most likely be air breathing.
360 coverage. True. These are not IIR MAWS.
Not IIR? I thought IIR was better than UV ones.

And all 4.5th gen uses 90s tech such as EF2000 GRIPEN F16 BLOCK 50/52 Etc etc does this means their technology is obsolete???
And rest of your post doesn't make any sense to me

Look brother PL-15 and Meteor has almost same range 150-200 km range which means they have have almost equal NEZ

Get out of your fairytales brothers their will be no match for our block-3 vs Rafale
Pl-15 has a much longer DMAX range and NES zone. It's classified so no one will reveal it. Meteor has been taken care of.

Not "just" IIR. Other sensors like UV are there too. Multi band arrangement.

F16 may be superior to the majority of the features like you stated above and with a better radar performance, F16 may detect first but it still has to come around 100 KM to fire effectively.
On the other hand, JFT3 with AESA and PL15 will extend the engagement zone to somewhere around 150 KM, so by the time F16 Fires an AMRAAM it may have to escape 2/3 PL 15s first.

All I'm interested in is to see the JFT take the fight to Rafale (and Tejas when it is up and running) and not just hold its own but come out decisively a victor in 1:1 engagement and many:many engagements in attacking scenarios with heavy ECM, Jamming and an extremely hostile environment, even with S-400's.

All I'm interested in is to see the JFT take the fight to Rafale (and Tejas when it is up and running) and not just hold its own but come out decisively a victor in 1:1 engagement and many:many engagements in attacking scenarios with heavy ECM, Jamming and an extremely hostile environment, even with S-400's.
That depends on so many more factors than just the JF-17 - and no plan survives contact with the enemy.

I think they will/have iterated to a point where they are as good as Russian equipment although their paper specs don’t always match up(impact of the old quantity over quality philosophy) but as with their commercial electronics I see their military catching up too. What I always state is that they follow the same Russian pattern of having top notch stuff for their own internal consumption and then the plethora of Monkey models for export.

However, in one respect where the relationship between Pakistan and China does have depth is that now Pakistani companies are confident enough to return items labelled as Trash back to the Chinese to ask for their “A” quality even if it somewhat begrudgingly justified as “we loaned you cash for it” because the reply to that is “we are paying the loans off with interest”.
That is the only way, otherwise it qualifies as dumping. It is real shame, they are getting better but overall a very long way still in terms of quality and MTBF on system/component is still low. I had posted an equivalent set of vacuum tubes - transmission; Ryzan plant from 1986 gives 10000 hrs; yet exact version from china - 1000hrs if lucky. same for very high tension transmission air capacitors - I had to get from Ukraine - ex soviet stock for up to 10kv - made in china version - installed - blew up like 9mm bullet; specs were totally garbage. Similarly their manpacks we were asked to benchmark and test for a client - total failure. RF transmissions were not up to spec; broke down after 100hrs of use- this included a full 1 hr ptt AM carrier; let us not even get into their 'scrambling' feature. Bottom line unless the client steps up as you noted, it is going to be one way traffic.

And all 4.5th gen uses 90s tech such as EF2000 GRIPEN F16 BLOCK 50/52 Etc etc does this means their technology is obsolete???
And rest of your post doesn't make any sense to me

Look brother PL-15 and Meteor has almost same range 150-200 km range which means they have have almost equal NEZ

Get out of your fairytales brothers their will be no match for our block-3 vs Rafale
No they dont
Rafale rf3, f16b70, gripen ng and typhoon trench3 were all developed very recently /some still in development

The 90s jet are 4th gen jets in IMO
360 coverage. True. These are not IIR MAWS.
It would need 6 MAWs for 360 coverage like f35 IR sensors or gripen NG
But even 4 is great
Block3 has checked all boxes(confirmed)
Except
HMD
IRST
rd93ma
More fuel/endurance

Will see when we have solid info on above, IRST i guess isnt happening

Interstingly aim260 is smaller and lighter then aim120d yet is not air breather
So i wont be sure on this one

Interstingly aim260 is smaller and lighter then aim120d yet is not air breather
So i wont be sure on this one
I think you are referring to the peregrine missile. I have not seen any details about aim260 except that it would be longer ranged.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom