What's new

JF-17 Block-4 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although video is titled & includes talk about latest JF-17B inductions but it contains other JF-17 related discussion, including future plans talk i.e. 5th generation jet etc.. Do watch...posting here and in other jf-17 thread currently running..

edit: just saw, someone has just about same time posted it in other thread ..coincidence lol..

Last edited:
Something to complement the AZM similar to F-35 and F-22 combination !!!

However, i would definitely love to see a Full Fledged Medium Weight Thunder. Take a time of 5 years, they can do it.
Bro then there will be no more JF-17 If we make JF-17 Full Fledged Medium Weight Thunder But JF-19 or something its takes longer times to develop as compare to Block-3 and Structurally/Mechanically different from JF-17 especially internally, We need to Install High Thrust class Engine for your proposed Medium class Thunder like P&W F-100-129 or GE-110 as is on our F-16, We have the option in form of WS-10 but we have to redesign rear of JF-17 to fit larger engine hence need a lager intakes to better air flow to the engine and we should eliminate DSI if we want to go beyond Mach-2 with your proposed Medium Weight Thunder and last look the evolution of Different 4th gen jets for example F-16 was also started as Light weight jet but through evolution its went to medium weight category but did LM Change F-16 designs from Changing in a category (Light to Medium), and same goes to F-18/ RAFALE/EF-2000/J-10 With the exception of Grippen

I am calling it, lets start. What is missing from Block III that we need in Block IV given how little we know about Block III right now.

There is not gonna be a block IV. Block III is the max you can do with the frame. For block IV, that is to go a step beyond in stealth, and you will need a whole new frame and basically a whole new fighter.

Last edited:
I am calling it, lets start. What is missing from Block III that we need in Block IV given how little we know about Block III right now.
Oh man it is way too early for u to start this thread. We haven't even fully seen block III yet and there are countless fanboys making wild predictions or criticizing it already without knowing it.

I remember way back when such a thread for block III existed and one of the things on the wishlist was having a diamond shaped nose on block III by a member who despite his username couldn't "think critically" :lol:
I guess it's time for another such troll fest and unrealistic expectations.

@airomerix the PAF CAS told Jane's in May 2019 that the ASR for Azm is twin engine. Could that ASR roll into the Turkish TF-X and, in turn, PAF develop a lighter single engine jet separately?

AZM is a sperate project compared to TF-X.

PAF is potentially looking at 2 5th generation fighters to replace F-16s and JF-17s in the next 30 years.

PAF is potentially looking at 2 5th generation fighters to replace F-16s and JF-17s in the next 30 years.

On 26 Feb, DG ISPR said IAF distracted 2× PAF CAPs in Lahore-Sialkot and Okara-Bahawalpur sectors by flying very close to the border. Then, their aircraft intruded 4-5 nm around Muzaffarabad, releasing their payload.

From his statement, it seemed the CAPs belonged to the F-16 sqn based at Mushaf. The gap between Mushaf and Shahbaz is huge as aircraft at Rafiqui are mostly Mirages in strike role. Last time you said a new JF-17 sqn is planned at Chaklala, do we have something in pipeline for South Punjab?

On 26 Feb, DG ISPR said IAF distracted 2× PAF CAPs in Lahore-Sialkot and Okara-Bahawalpur sectors by flying very close to the border. Then, their aircraft intruded 4-5 nm around Muzaffarabad, releasing their payload.

From his statement, it seemed the CAPs belonged to the F-16 sqn based at Mushaf. The gap between Mushaf and Shahbaz is huge as aircraft at Rafiqui are mostly Mirages in strike role. Last time you said a new JF-17 sqn is planned at Chaklala, do we have something in pipeline for South Punjab?

Why the need for chaklala when there is murid airbase near chakwal?

Rafiqui does have interceptors stationed.

And Rafiqui will soon receive a squadron of thunders. So its all good!

Ok, this may sound a silly question, but i will still ask..does going for two options heavily depends on funding or is it a firm decision that has been made and that we will & can go with it in current conditions (with hopes that things will improve in future)..
Also, you seemed to be suggesting partnership in both projects. With Chinese, it could be JF-17 level involvement. But what about TF-X, as seems they have already decided on basics i.e. airframe etc..is involvement expected to be more, like even production..or will it mainly be restricted to assembly & purchase, in which case it could potentially be more costly option..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom