What's new

Iran-Pakistan Gas Pipeline (IPP) News & Updates.

price is high. gov has decided to use this gas only for generating electricity and not for normal consumption.
it was must for pakistan coz otherwise we would have been facing gas loadsheddin by 2012

Congrats to Pakistan & Iran..

Have a question if hindus blocks river waters to us would Pakistan be able to block gas flow to india?

price is high. gov has decided to use this gas only for generating electricity and not for normal consumption.
it was must for pakistan coz otherwise we would have been facing gas loadsheddin by 2012

Based on back of the envelope calculations ($7-billion project amortized over 20 years with operating costs and 90,000 barrels per day throughput) it would cost about $4.00 per barrel for the transmission costs. Add this on to the $60 per barrel crude; at 80% of crude price ex-Iran, this works out to $9 per million BTU. Not a good deal I daresay say. Iran was supposed to be a friendly country!

Would be good for pakistan's economy. As this will quench the thirst of energy need to run Pakistan's Industries to maintain the growth rate of economy.

Have a question if hindus blocks river waters to us would Pakistan be able to block gas flow to india?

but the gas is not ours yet:mod:,and we are happy to use ur water.but again u r not blocking it u r just asking for more $$$.india still has the option to enter.without india think it is a lost oppurtunity for pakistan.
tehran times : Iran says India can rejoin pipeline deal

Sorry man dint expected this kind of post from a member like you. :tsk: Always keep on Nagging and dragging religion in between any kind of Discussion. This is not going to take you anywhere, its like running in circles round n round and reaching nowhere.

I hope an average indian is more intelligent than you!

Or else we are up for another war!

sorry bro dint mean to fire up i get upset wen i see those 'u blocked mine and i blocked urs(which is not ours yet)' and 'baburs crossing the border' posts ,war mongering and stupid as my posts(even i hope an average pakistani is more intelligent than them),by the way i feel it is bad to refuse ur water but i can do nothing as a citizen.i think india has changed its plans towards nuclear and clean power rather than gas.

good news , india is OUT , i am more then happy..

Indeed, very good news. The Iranians have been pushing very hard for Indian involvement. We all knew that the Indians were only stalling the project. They weren't sincere in making the pipeline project a succes. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. Now, China needs to be considered. China has already shown willingness to join the project.

Last edited:
Indeed, very good news. The Iranians have been pushing very hard for Indian involvement. We all knew that the Indians were only stalling the project. They weren't sincere in making the pipeline project a succes. Good riddance as far as I'm concerned. Now, China needs to be considered. China has already shown willingness to join the project.

• The agreement has an article that will allow India to join the project at an appropriate time

DUBAI: Iran and Pakistan on Sunday signed a deal to lay a gas pipeline for taking Iranian gas to Pakistan.

The deal, christened the Peace Pipeline, was signed in Tehran by Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his Pakistani counterpart, Asif Ali Zardari, on the sidelines of a trilateral summit on Afghanistan security, the Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA) reported.

IRNA said the 2,700-km pipeline would transfer Iranian gas to India, through Pakistan. Iran’s semi-official Fars News Agency earlier reported that the text of the agreement included an article that would allow India to join the project at an appropriate time.

Diplomatic sources told The Hindu that the project was conceptually attractive, but the turbulence in Pakistan’s Baluchistan province posed practical difficulties in its implementation.

As originally proposed, the project envisages construction of 1,100 km of pipeline in Iran, 1,000 km in Pakistan and 600 km in India. It will help to transfer 150 million cubic metres of gas a day. Construction of the 56-inch-dia pipeline will be completed in five years.

Besides Mr. Zardari, Mr. Ahmadinejad hosted Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai to discuss ways of stabilising their turbulent region.

Iran’s state television broadcaster IRIB quoted Mr. Ahmadinejad as saying in his address at the summit that extremism, militarism and the presence of foreign forces were the region’s most important problems.

Mr. Karzai is accompanied by his Foreign Minister Rangin Dadfar Spanta.

------------------------------------​

India can join the gas pipeline deal: Iran​

DUBAI: Iran has said it is ready for India’s participation as a third partner in the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project that was finalised on Sunday. There would be no obstacle for India’s joining to the deal, Hassan Qashqavi, Irans Foreign Ministry spokesman, was on Monday quoted as saying by the State-run Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA).

Mr. Qashqavi told reporters that though Iran and Pakistan were presently the participants, any third country, including India, could also join the agreement.

Iranian officials have earlier said that they were also looking at the possibility of China joining the project.

Mr. Qashqavi said Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and his Pakistani counterpart Asif Ali Zardari finalised the gas pipeline agreement.

On Sunday, the IRNA was categorical in stating that the two Presidents had signed the deal.

On Monday, the semi-official Fars News Agency said the two countries had signed an initial agreement on the gas export pipeline project.

Iran’s Oil Ministry website SHANA quoted Asim Hossein, adviser to Pakistan’s Prime Minister, as saying that the two countries on Sunday had signed a governmental framework agreement as well as a final consultative process document.
Main portion

The deal in its final form would be formally signed within 15 days in a third country.

A senior Iranian Oil Ministry official said Iran had already completed construction of the main portion of the pipeline from Asalouyeh, the source of the gas, to Iranshahr near the Iran-Pakistan border.

The project as originally proposed had envisaged construction of 1,100 km of pipeline in Iran, 1,000 km in Pakistan and 600 km in India.

The Hindu : Front Page : Iran, Pakistan ink gas pipeline deal

The Hindu : International : India can join the gas pipeline deal: Iran

^^ We will see about that. You will pay the required transit fee and only then will you be able to join the project. Something that India has categorically denied so far and Pakistan won't tolerate. Addiotnally, India will have to convince the Americans which are vehemently opposed tot he project. Also, India wants gas for free meaning at a worthless rate. Well, neither Iran nor Pakistan will ever agree to that. You got some serious hurdles to overcome before even thinking of joining the project. In the meanwhile, China has already been approached by Pakistan and a feasibility study is going to be conducted very soon.

Last edited:
^^ We will see about that. You will pay the required transit fee and only then will you be able to join the project. Something that India has categorically denied so far and Pakistan won't tolerate. Also, India wants gas for free meaning at a worthless rate. Well, neither Iran nor Pakistan will ever agree to that. You got some serious hurdles to overcome before even thinking of joining the project. In the meanwhile, China has already been approached by Pakistan and a feasibility study is going to be conducted very soon.

:hitwall:iran wont invite india if it has no benefits.

80% of crude oil is bad.People are cursing govt and the Sui Gas for high prices even when local gas is approx 50% of crude oil.
GOP should go for coal fired power plants

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom