What's new

India's forex reserves rise for third straight week, hits 6-month high

kaykay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

India's foreign exchange reserves rose above a six-month high of $576.76 billion in the week through Jan. 27, the Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) statistical supplement showed on Friday.
This is the third consecutive week that the country's reserves have risen. In the week to Jan. 20, the reserves stood at $573.73 billion.

The RBI has intervened to buy dollars as the rupee stabilised, according to forex market participants.

This, coupled with valuation changes, adds to the central bank's forex reserves.

The rupee declined 0.5% against the dollar in the week to Jan. 27 on suspected RBI intervention and importer hedging, having traded in a range of 80.88-81.7650.

For the current week ending Feb. 3, the rupee fell again on equity outflow jitters.

Good. Looks like we're slowly recovering from pandemic losses. I think another two years and we can fully put it behind us.

Thats Pakistan's total reserves available now :)
We should help Pakistan if China and Saudi Arabia not doing it. This is just to get that goodwill with Pakistan you know. To show that we dont have any ill-will. We should give a couple of billion dollars.

I know Pakistan won’t accept it but still it’s gonna be good.

We should help Pakistan if China and Saudi Arabia not doing it. This is just to get that goodwill with Pakistan you know. To show that we dont have any ill-will. We should give a couple of billion dollars.

What you guys smoke really?

Ye viswaguru ka bhoot apne upar se utaro. They kill our people and we offer them money?

While it's a noble idea, it's not practical in current environment.
Even if you ignore the ever existing enmity, between both countries for that matter.

Reason: Pakistan is dealing with a lot now, and any such action will be seen in a different light, by differing factions in their power circles.

India's foreign exchange reserves rose above a six-month high of $576.76 billion in the week through Jan. 27, the Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) statistical supplement showed on Friday.
This is the third consecutive week that the country's reserves have risen. In the week to Jan. 20, the reserves stood at $573.73 billion.

The RBI has intervened to buy dollars as the rupee stabilised, according to forex market participants.

This, coupled with valuation changes, adds to the central bank's forex reserves.

The rupee declined 0.5% against the dollar in the week to Jan. 27 on suspected RBI intervention and importer hedging, having traded in a range of 80.88-81.7650.

For the current week ending Feb. 3, the rupee fell again on equity outflow jitters.

And Adani lost over 100 billion US dollars.

:rofl:

Good. Looks like we're slowly recovering from pandemic losses. I think another two years and we can fully put it behind us.

You foreign reserves are all based on debt.

Back
Top Bottom