What's new

Indian Tejas Proves a Big Crowd Puller at Singapore Air Show

Yes yes we know what kind of lookers (Nigeria, Argentina, Myanmar), A lot of time intent is driven by available resources and not by calibre

Come back when any country with a defence budget of over $10B choses JF over other options (KSA, Germany, Japan, Korea, Australia, Canada)
LCA is operation in a force with $ 70B budget
Sale is a Sale regardless of the nation purchasing it

Question is what was Pakistani in that

Jf-17 being a 4th generation consists of bedrock technologies fly-by-wire systems and composites. Pakistan Aerospace industry makes neither
1645460765242.png

Why is this article even allowed to be posted after what India bans ANY material concerning jf17s? What's wrong with pdf policymaking? Lenient actions won't harm Indians

The more you folks talk about Tejas, the more you seem embarrass your Aerospace industry

Considering you are bring 20 years timeline here, let me share a moment of achievement for your Aerospace industry

One of bedrock technologies that classify 4th generation fighter jets is Fly-by-wire control systems

Flying Qualities of Relaxed Static Stability Aircraft - Volume I: Flying Qualities Airworthiness Assessment and Flight Testing of Augmented Aircraft." Federal Aviation Administration (DOT/FAA/CT-82/130-I), September 1983. pp. 11ff

Pakistan got hands on best fighter jet with this technology as early as 1981

Pakistan’s Long, Controversial Love Affair with the F-16 Fighting Falcon

Its been 40 years since Pakistani had access to Fly-by-wire control systems (much earlier than India or China), and its Aerospace industry is yet to learn this technology while other nations like Egypt with similar starting point have pushed on.

View attachment 817278

(MTCR) Annex Handbook – 2017
You wanna play that game?

India had the full manufacturing rights to build the Folland Gnats from 1962 onwards. After that, it built the HF24 Marut, another fighter jet. India's aircraft manufacturing capabilities were ahead of Pakistan's at the time, yet when we fast forward to 2001, when the Tejas took its first flight, it turned out to be a bag of shit. So much so it took the IAF over 13 years to make the first bulk purchase for the jet.

Comparing that to Pakistan, who had a weaker aircraft manufacturing ability, being able to jointly design and produce (note the words jointly produce), the jf17 fighter jet, which not only entered mass production and service with the PAF, but also 2 other air forces (NAF and Myanmar), and soon to be added to the ranks of the Argentinian, Iraqi and Azerbaijani air force, but also participated in air to ground combat.

What has the tejas done? Clock 5000 hours of flight after 20 years? Secure 0 exports? Have lack luster weaponry added to it? Not even in mass service by its own airforce, and that too was too little too late.

You wanna play that game?

India had the full manufacturing rights to build the Folland Gnats from 1962 onwards. After that, it built the HF24 Marut, another fighter jet. India's aircraft manufacturing capabilities were ahead of Pakistan's at the time, yet when we fast forward to 2001, when the Tejas took its first flight, it turned out to be a bag of shit.
Seems like I have struck a nerve here

No response to the fact been 40 years and even the oldest basic technology in Jf-17 cannot be manufactured by your aerospace industry

There is reason why you nation's aerospace exports trails the likes of Kyrgyzstan, Ecuador and Guyana and continue to do so for decades to come

1645464203973.png

1645464265125.png

List of exporters for the selected product Product: 88 Aircraft, spacecraft, and parts thereof

Attachments

• 1645464244031.png
    1645464244031.png
    13 KB · Views: 42
i buy it if it comes with a tub of chutney so i can nose dive, the flying samosa into the tub and taste it FANTASTIC.

No response to the fact been 40 years and even the oldest basic technology in Jf-17 cannot be manufactured by your aerospace industry

There is reason why you nation's aerospace exports trails the likes of Kyrgyzstan, Ecuador and Guyana and continue to do so for decades to come

View attachment 817301

View attachment 817303

List of exporters for the selected product Product: 88 Aircraft, spacecraft, and parts thereof
Quick question. What does any of the above have to do with the Jf17 or Tejas? What cant be made can be bought.

And if we want to talk about exports then perhaps it will be better for you to relate it to the topic at hand rather than deviate into some other topic (such as the above). Regarding exports, if the tejas is so advanced with all these materials and what not, then why no orders? Jf17 is a piece of junk according to you, and as per your logic, it shouldnt have been exported, yet it did.

To be honest, should the f16 and its evolution had happened whilst you were alive, you wouldve probably said that is crap to because the first iteration of the f16 could only fire wvr a2a missiles compared to the older phantom which could fire BVR missiles. But just like the jf17, the f16 was developed into being able to fire the aim120c5 amraam. The same missile which brought down your jets.

The jf17 has FBW system in the blk 3 :O. I wonder how that happened. It also has more composite materials installed as well :O. How did that happen. Where as the tejas...anti shipping weaponry? No. Potent BVR weaponry? Nope. Entered combat? Nyet. Is considered indigenous even though it has foreign parts which make up the critical components of the jet? Yes.

One is cost effective.

The other is just... Bad

China has a military budget of 261 billion dollars and it operates J-7 and J-8. Obviously they are better than Tejas.
You are getting it wrong, even India operates mig 21 but those planes (mig21(India) / J7(China)) were procured long back, question is will country like China / India / Germany/ Canada/ KSA (ones having healthy budget) opt for JF in 2022

JF is a compromise for those not having adequate resources. It is all evident from its users (Pakistan / Nigeria, Myanmar). Any force with a budget of > 10/15 USD will never opt unless they have sanctions / other compulsions

You are getting it wrong, even India operates mig 21 but those planes (mig21(India) / J7(China)) were procured long back, question is will country like China / India / Germany/ Canada/ KSA (ones having healthy budget) opt for JF in 2022

JF is a compromise for those not having adequate resources. It is all evident from its users (Pakistan / Nigeria, Myanmar). Any force with a budget of > 10/15 USD will never opt unless they have sanctions / other compulsions
Venezuela has a def budget of 1.9 billion but operates f16 fighter jets. Does that make the f16 a bad fighter jet? They also operate the su30mk2. Does it make the su30mk2 a bad jet?

Venezuela has a def budget of 1.9 billion but operates f16 fighter jets. Does that make the f16 a bad fighter jet? They also operate the su30mk2. Does it make the su30mk2 a bad jet?
you are completely missing point , please go back and go through complete conversation.
Venezuela choice of jets makes my argument stronger, What I trying to say is certain jest are a compromise purchase because of lack of resources (JF for Nigeria / Myanmar/ PAF) but the ones with deep pocket donot go for sub standard products (China / India / KSA/ Germany) and there are some who stick to the best even if they have lesser resources (Venezuela)

View attachment 817301

View attachment 817303

Aren't we manufacturing avionics already?
0001.jpg
0002.jpg

you are completely missing point , please go back and go through complete conversation.
Venezuela choice of jets makes my argument stronger, What I trying to say is certain jest are a compromise purchase because of lack of resources (JF for Nigeria / Myanmar/ PAF) but the ones with deep pocket donot go for sub standard products (China / India / KSA/ Germany) and there are some who stick to the best even if they have lesser resources (Venezuela)
You just contradicted yourself.

By your logic, Venezuela should go for the Jf17 because of small def budget.
No where did you say, some countries stick to the best despite their budget. You just added that in now.

72 iq in action 🙄

You just contradicted yourself.

By your logic, Venezuela should go for the Jf17 because of small def budget.
No where did you say, some countries stick to the best despite their budget. You just added that in now.

72 iq in action 🙄
You Iq is in action

there are exceptions are there are generalisations and ones needs a basic logical thought process to understand those, please go through entire conversation again,

Let me make it simple
A person who can afford iphone will never go for Xiaomi , and the ones with low budget will be happy with Xiaomi (Generalisation)
But there will be some with low income and high aspirations they will opt for iphone while most in the their income bracket people will stick to Xiaomi (this is exception)

Still you have questions then you should spend time in school instead of online forums

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom