What's new

Indian Air Force's Unique 'Bird Deterrent' Method !

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Birds present a major safety hazard to both Civil Airliners and Military aircraft. Several military aircraft crashes are reported each year due to bird strikes, thus authorities at airports and airfields deploy methods to ward of any wildlife specially birds from airfield parameters. These include, security personnel patrolling with shotguns firing cartridges, vehicles equipped with ultrasound speakers, trained dogs to chase away birds and mammals and even bird repellent kites or the old favourite scarecrows planted around the base. The Indian Air Force has however been using their own unique method by deploying a person with drums next to the Taxy or Runways. He constantly beats the marching type drum in the shadow of operating jet fighters. Just wondering standing so close to the operation area and with all the jet noise, how effective can be this method. !!!

Screenshot_20230402_223247_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Screenshot_20230402_223355_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

@Trailer23 @Imran Khan @PanzerKiel @SQ8 @Areesh @TOPGUN @MastanKhan @Raider 21

They employ a variety of techniques, firecrackers, even trained birds of prey to keep the rest away.. if a drum works, it works. Not sure what amount of FOD damage they do but best not to even have them strike the canopy or fuselage.

The SU 30 has these retractable grills to prevent it, or they can be equipped with them

Save 2 birds with one drum :D

According to data, Most bird strikes occur during the landing phase of flight and below 500 feet and it's not always the intake.

fighter_plane_after_bird_strike.jpg

5YITSGQ7HRFGNITE5DFLZCCBEA.jpg

Last edited:
rail-runway.jpg

Some desparate losers will not understand that once Peshawar airbase had a railway crossing it's runway that was used twice every week. However very few airforces have the distinction of crashing onto a motorcyclist.

A crashing aircraft can fall on a bike, a truck or a village. How is that so unique? Happens all over the world. Even in PAF.

But, some super capable people get air borne by mere mention of anything that they don’t like.
Be careful when you get airborne, you might get shot down by your own F-16. 😀 You know what I mean;)

A crashing aircraft can fall on a bike, a truck or a village. How is that so unique? Happens all over the world. Even in PAF.

But, some super capable people get air borne by mere mention of anything that they don’t like.
Be careful when you get airborne, you might get shot down by your own F-16. 😀 You know what I mean;)
A stray unguided missile hitting an aircraft during combat ops against Soviets.

Vs

images (18).jpeg

Roasting your own chopper and n crew in panic.
😂
If I were you I'd stfu.

A stray unguided missile hitting an aircraft during combat ops against Soviets.

Vs

Roasting your own chopper andncrew in panic.
😂
If I were you I'd stfu.
There is always a justification for one’s own failures.
Other’s failures are put of panic but own one’s are designed and well planned.

Dear friend Windy creates these beautiful threads and I help him out with a little course correction.

Otherwise I don’t mention such incidents.

During combat IAF MiG 21 leader shot down his own number 2.
Such incidents are not unheard of.
However, unable to distinguish between a supersonic jet and slow moving Chopper in own airspace, the credit goes to...

2020_9$largeimg_211766677.jpg

There is always a justification for one’s own failures.
Other’s failures are put of panic but own one’s are designed and well planned.

Dear friend Windy creates these beautiful threads and I help him out with a little course correction.

Otherwise I don’t mention such incidents.
Lmao one happened during actual combat, a stray missile during the 80s.
Vs

Shooting your own chopper hundreds of miles away from any enemy activity in sheer pissing panic.

As I said, I'd shut the fk up alas that's doesn't apply to indians like yourself.

Lmao one happened during actual combat, a stray missile during the 80s.
Vs

Shooting your own chopper hundreds of miles away from any enemy activity in sheer pissing panic.

As I said, I'd shut the fk up alas that's doesn't apply to indians like yourself.
You’re expecting too much from him and them. They have deeply seated inferiority complex.
It blocks logical and rational thinking.

Back
Top Bottom