What's new

Imperial Iranian Armed Forces (Shah Era)

A very big lie! My family know someone personally who was very poor ans she wrote letter to Farah saying they need money, and she used to send them money every month or so...so how can people say they did not care about the poor?

Well, you might wanna ask that to the Iranians who overthrew him.

A nation's destiny and prosperity is not a one-man job. That's one of the reasons why dictators never last long. And sadly, this also applies to the current mullahs in power.

attachment.php

The Shah was a good leader and had an effective government. His problem was that he thought too much about himself. Dubbed himself as the "King of Kings". He didn't really care about many poor Iranians, and if I am not mistaken, unemployment was pretty high during the last days of the Shah. Even fresh college graduates couldn't get jobs. Even now, this is one source of discontent in some other Middle Eastern countries.

Although I'd have to admit, the Americans are being too much of a pushover regarding Iran right now. Bush declaring Iran as being one of the "Axis of Evil" at a time of a war against the Taliban was a nail to the coffin as far as US-Iran relations go. Another problem with American culture these days is that they have an extremely short attention span, they go "yaaaayy!" or "booo!" over one thing and tomorrow is another new thing. This kind of culture is not helping anyone.

Anyways, I hope both sides can get their heads out of the sand.

And thanks Ghost Rider for posting those classy pics :D

If I am not mistaken that College Graduates got that education bcs of Shah.He gave free education as he is one the pioneers who found that only an educated population can built a modern, strong state. I hope our leaders could give me that opportunity.

As for unemployment every developing nation with an active literacy program will have an unemployment problem as the economy may not be able to keep with the rate at which graduates are produced..or in otherwords demand cannot keep up with supply. But this dip will be madeup when the economy gets into top gear. This happened in India also and it also happened in Iran, but in Iran due to the lack of democracy people felt that if Shah is gone everything will be allright. I hope Iranians are right .

Golden Crown pilots with Us Navy Blue Angels
acroblue_jpg.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom