What's new

Fund Raising Status for Diamer Basha And Mohmand Dam

@VCheng

Dawn news = Foreign sponsored paper in foreign language

State Bank of Pakistan / Supreme Court of Pakistan / Government of Pakistan /Military = Pakistani people

DawnNews ~ well they can speculate, when the whole dam will be constructed they will argue about water quality is not as pure as in their foreign made water bottles

Everyone knows , that DAM fund account is a unified project between people of Pakistan and Government of Pakistan

"TOGETHER WE WILL MAKE THE DAM"

People have started the initiative and it will be supported by Government

What do you mean you have a problem understanding who controls the fund the funds are in hand of Supreme Court / State bank of Pakistan , the top institutes for Justice and Finance in Pakistan

Prime Minister Imran Khan Praised the spirit of Pakistani people for the 10 Billion Rupee collected so far
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

imrankhanthankyou.png

6 Days ago

Last edited:
"TOGETHER WE WILL MAKE THE DAM"

That is good to know, but who is financing the dam when even the originator of the fund said these words?

“We never thought this money would be sufficient to complete the project.”“We wanted to create awareness and make people understand how important it is”.

If through this donation we are able to generate another Rs15 billion then that is an achievement. This money was never intended to be used 100% for building. [Through these funds] it really became a campaign.”

Positive Aspect

• Unification of Pakistani Globally for a Good cause
  • None Loaned fund account , 100% by money from Pakistani People None financed from bank
  • Raise of Self belief in local population Rich or Poor that if they put their heart into it we can do it
  • Pakistani Military Donated
  • Pakistan Navy Donated
  • Pakistan Air-force Donated
  • Pakistanis Donated by themselves and Pakistanis Donated as group
  • Pakistani Communities took interest in Donation Campaign
team-community-together-010-512.png

We don't need a foreign Bank to give us any cash , if we believe in making it happen we can make it happen from our own budget and Taxes or Donation

The Account & Money collected is 100% for usage for DAM collection

PHASE I :
Collection of funds , for Project to Start

PHASE II:
Continued Growth of DAM fund , Government adds to account
People continue to support the massive project

PHASE III:
Development Fast tracks
People continue to support the massive project

It is the most supported initiative

Last edited:
March 23rd

A prominent Day for Pakistan March 23rd when Muslims in our country decided we need our own place for our own rules of law to be applicable , and later this vision became Pakistan

Happy March 23rd Azadi Deceleration day

In order to celebrate this day , while I may not have a 21 Gun salute or Cannon salute but I can offer my nation a small gift to show my gratitude for all what Pakistan has given me

Thank you Pakistan!!!

march23rd2019fundstatus.png

My good deed for week was paid today ^_^

damfundmarch232019.png

You should also encourage your friends and family in inner circle to celebrate March 23rd with a Prosperity Donation to the Dam fund.

1.jpg

Last edited:
This is a great initiative but I don't see the money required to build the dams being raised in a reasonable time frame by relaying on donations. To finish this funding, Pakistani society needs pool its resources with public-private partnership to fund and build these dams. It would be a consortium of the GOP working with numerous Pakistani banks, private companies and even individual investors as shareholders. For Pakistani banks, corporations, and individuals, investing in a business is halal, as long as the gains and losses are shared. Hydro Dams are guaranteed to recoup the initial investment (the fuel is free). Money earned by the power generations or water sales should be shared among the shareholders. Profit motive would get you to $10 billion pretty quick.

An example of resources pooling for large energy projects:
When USA oil companies wanted to build the Alaska oil pipeline in the 70's, no single company or bank had enough money to fund the building. So what did do? Did they go to government? Did they ask a foreign governments for a loan? No...They pooled their resources. Multiple oil companies (BP, Exxon, Unocol, ConocoPhillips) got loans from multiple banks to fund the project. This way, if there is a loss, it would be shared between a large group and no single entity would go bankrupt...Pakistan needs to replicate this but using Islamic banking approaches.

Last edited:
No doubt going thru the route of banks and loans is one Option

However it is 100% with in Pakistani people's own power take command of their own financial matters and Prosperity needs

Just matter of people joining the initiative

Pakistan's Total population = 200,000,000 (200 Million)

If 50 Million people joined the cause , and donated just 100 bucks = 5 Billion Dollars !!!
If 100 Million people joined the cause and donated just 100 bucks = 10 Billion Dollars !!!

Of course if every Pakistani Citizen donated once a year 100 bucks that is 20 Billion Dollars

No Bank loan needed

$100 comes to about 9,000-13,000 rupees per person once in 365 days

if the people will build it with no loan then any money raised by the project will go back to Pakistan 100%

(2-3 Billion Dollar going back yearly to Federal Government is what is needed not to a Bank)

People who want to invest they should buy the Investment Bonds Pakistan offers many investment bonds

Just a matter of 2 of these notes coming out per person
note-750x369.jpg

This is what NAB recovered from 1 corrupt person in Baluchistan
572cdd4192bc0.jpg

Our MPA Sherjil Memon just 5 Billion cash found in home
59ee211ac8e11.jpg

This was recovered from another Government officials home
5be5a0d430364.jpg

Money recovered from Sindh Assembly Speaker
maxresdefault.jpg

Money will come from following

a) People of Pakistan (Good will):coffee::tup::tup::tup:
b) NAB capturing corrupt people and recovering 3-8 Billion per raid on officials homes:pakistan:
c) Government of Pakistan budget:pakistan::pakistan:

Alhamdulilah , NAB raids and Police work returning so much money , internally in Pakistan mashallah

No need to take loans to make Dam

3 Cases

> 1 Billion Rupee Recovered from Baluchistan Ex Finance Minister
> 9 Billion Rupee /Gold and Money recovered from Sindh Assembly Speaker Siraj Durrani
> 5 Billion Rupee Shergil Memon Case

15 Billion recovered here from just 3 people

Recently Bahria Town was asked to pay 490 Billion Rupee for their land acquisition in Sindh this was not case of corruption but Tax collection agreement Bahria Town is a good organization

• Supreme Court should redirect these NAB found billions to DAM fund would be fantastic

Last edited:
No doubt going thru the route of banks and loans is one Option

However it is 100% with in Pakistani people's own power take command of their own financial matters and Prosperity needs

Just matter of people joining the initiative

Pakistan's Total population = 200,000,000 (200 Million)

If 50 Million people joined the cause , and donated just 100 bucks = 5 Billion Dollars !!!
If 100 Million people joined the cause and donated just 100 bucks = 10 Billion Dollars !!!

Of course if every Pakistani Citizen donated once a year 100 bucks that is 20 Billion Dollars

No Bank loan needed

$100 comes to about 9,000-13,000 rupees per person once in 365 days

if the people will build it with no loan then any money raised by the project will go back to Pakistan 100%

(2-3 Billion Dollar going back yearly to Federal Government is what is needed not to a Bank)

People who want to invest they should buy the Investment Bonds Pakistan offers many investment bonds

Just a matter of 2 of these notes coming out per person
note-750x369.jpg

This is what NAB recovered from 1 corrupt person in Baluchistan
572cdd4192bc0.jpg

Our MPA Sherjil Memon just 5 Billion cash found in home
59ee211ac8e11.jpg

This was recovered from another Government officials home
5be5a0d430364.jpg

Money recovered from Sindh Assembly Speaker
maxresdefault.jpg

Money will come from following

a) People of Pakistan (Good will):coffee::tup::tup::tup:
b) NAB capturing corrupt people and recovering 3-8 Billion per raid on officials homes:pakistan:
c) Government of Pakistan budget:pakistan::pakistan:

Alhamdulilah , NAB raids and Police work returning so much money , internally in Pakistan mashallah

No need to take loans to make Dam

3 Cases

> 1 Billion Rupee Recovered from Baluchistan Ex Finance Minister
> 9 Billion Rupee /Gold and Money recovered from Sindh Assembly Speaker Siraj Durrani
> 5 Billion Rupee Shergil Memon Case

15 Billion recovered here from just 3 people

Recently Bahria Town was asked to pay 490 Billion Rupee for their land acquisition in Sindh this was not case of corruption but Tax collection agreement Bahria Town is a good organization

• Supreme Court should redirect these NAB found billions to DAM fund would be fantastic

It would be great if things went this well but this not how developed nations fund mega engineering projects. I am skeptical it will get you the money required in the shortest time frame and we need these dams ASAP.

Here I would do it:
  • Go after money from corrupt officials and crowdfunding to a point
  • A water tax is needed. People will not conserve water if its free. The revenue generated can also be invested in efficiency, waste water recycling, dams/rain water storage, even desalination.
  • Set up a public-private partnership with a modern managements structure (as I described above). Since the fuel is free, the Dams should be guaranteed to generate a profit. Who wouldn't invest that? Profit motive will get you the money required very quickly.
This approach can replicated for other engineering projects. In my opinion, 5%-10% of our GDP should be dedicated to infrastructure/industrial development, with water and energy as priorities. Can you crowdfund 5% of the GDP....I highly doubt it.

Well the figure you quoted is about 11 Billion

And I have already shared with folks 200 Million Pakistani if each just gave 100 dollar , we will raise 20 Billion Dollar

The question is not the big number but how many Pakistani Citizens can be influenced to believe in donating

25,000 Pakistani x $100 dollar = 2.5 Million Dollar collected (0.01% of Population believed and paid)

<We are here at 80 million dollar mark>:pakistan: 0.44% of population paid

1 Million Pakistani x $100 dollar = 100 Million Dollar (0.5% of Population believed and paid)
25 Million Pakistani x $100 dollar = 2.5 Billion Dollar (12.5% of Population believed and paid)
50 Million Pakistanis x $100 dollar = 5 Billion Dollar (25% of Population believed and paid)
100 Million Pakistanis x $100 dollar = 10 Billion Dollar (50% of population believed and paid)
200 Million Pakistan x $100 dollar = 20 Billion Dollar (100% of population believed and paid)

Part of the education we need is to inform people the correct amount due from each person
  • Every Pakistani is due 2 (5,000 Rupee notes for donation)
  • But even 100 Rupee, 500 rupee , 1,000 Rupee , 2000 Rupee makes a dent

Pakistanis live in 50 lakh - 100lakhn properties so many villas , the value comes to
100,000 USD to 150,000 USD so here the ask is mere $100 bucks

Ultimate Question Short term:
Can 25 Million to 50 Million Pakistani put hand in their pocket and give out something in rupees to their country (Ideally Two 5,000 RUPEE notes)

Last edited:
Well the figure you quoted is about 11 Billion

And I have already shared with folks 200 Million Pakistani if each just gave 100 dollar , we will raise 20 Billion Dollar

The question is not the big number but how many Pakistani Citizens can be influenced to believe in donating

25,000 Pakistani x $100 dollar = 2.5 Million Dollar collected (0.01% of Population believed and paid)

<We are here at 88 million dollar mark>:pakistan: 0.44% of population paid

1 Million Pakistani x $100 dollar = 100 Million Dollar (0.5% of Population believed and paid)
25 Million Pakistani x $100 dollar = 2.5 Billion Dollar (12.5% of Population believed and paid)
50 Million Pakistanis x $100 dollar = 5 Billion Dollar (25% of Population believed and paid)
100 Million Pakistanis x $100 dollar = 10 Billion Dollar (50% of population believed and paid)
200 Million Pakistan x $100 dollar = 20 Billion Dollar (100% of population believed and paid)

Part of the education we need is to inform people the correct amount due from each person
  • Every Pakistani is due 2 (5,000 Rupee notes for donation)

You leave out private business's as a funding source this way. In the west, private corporations have huge amounts of money....Apple has trillions of dollars.... more then any individual. I'm sure private business in Pakistan have wealth that can be brought into a public private partnership. Profit motive will attract MCB or Habib bank to help fund this initiative.

The most important item we need to ask is , do we wish the 4 Billion Dollar revenue going to Federal Government from Dam after it is constructed , or do we want it being sent outside of country to investors

Building it ourselves will ensure , we don't ask anyone else for 4 Billion Dollar !!! Favors

For me I would prefer , this Annual Revenue goes 100% to Federal Government of Pakistan so they can apply it to Schools, Hospitals , or other social betterment projects

I would prefer , 25,000,000 (25 million Pakistanis) to 50,000,000 (50 million Pakistanis) can donate $100 each so we can get to 100 million - 2.5 Billion mark

Can we get 10 Top populated cities of Pakistan 100% committed on donation

1 Karachi , Sindh 11,624,219
2 Lahore , Punjab 6,310,888
3 Faisalabad , Punjab 2,506,595
4 Rawalpindi , Punjab 1,743,101
5 Multan , Punjab 1,437,230
6 Hyderābād , Sindh 1,386,330
7 Gujranwala , Punjab 1,384,471
8 Peshawar , Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 1,218,773
9 Rahim Yar Khan , Punjab 788,915
10 Quetta , Balochistan 733,675

This is our 30 Million people if all these folks donated $100 , we will raise 3 Billion

Can 80% of Lahore/Karachi population commit themselves to goal ?
Can other 8 cities commit to level of 95% !!

Last edited:
The most important item we need to ask is , do we wish the 4 Billion Dollar revenue going to Federal Government from Dam after it is constructed , or do we want it being sent outside of country to investors

For me I would prefer , this Annual Revenue goes 100% to Federal Government of Pakistan so they can
apply it to Schools, Hospitals , or other social betterment projects

I would prefer , 25,000,000 (25 million Pakistanis) to 50,000,000 (50 million Pakistanis) can donate $100 each so we can get to 100 million - 2.5 Billion mark

GOP can be the majority shareholder. Lets say 55%, a water tax and crowdfunding can provide this. 45% of the shares should be offered to private investors. The profits should be shared between the shareholders....I have no problem with this. Private businesses and individuals have resources to help and its halal to invest in a business's, if profits and losses are shared. We need to develop our financial sector, the dams are a huge opportunity to do this... it adds to growth of the service sector, cheap electricity will add to our industrial growth, the water will boost our agricultural sector. Its a huge boost for the economy if done right.

Back
Top Bottom