What's new

Fully Kitted Thunder Touchdown after CAP

i may be wrong but i have noted a big difference in the air combat of 2019 with that of 65 and 71. previously in most of the operations upto 6-8 air crafts were used but now both the indian and pakistani air forces used a squadron plus strength to carry out relatively minor operations. in a war to carry out a successful strike mission on an enemy heavily defended target the aggressor air force will be needing a huge strike formation with other small formations as diversions. the main strike party will need air crafts with the role similar to USAF wild weasels which is to jam enemy radars, destroy enemy's defending air crafts and SAMs through harm missiles and my also be needing awacs killer missiles. only then the strike air craft will be able to carry out their mission successfully. it means around 20-30 air crafts will be used in a single mission and it also means heavy burden on jets and pilots.it will give an edge to iaf as they have more jets. it seems in a full scale war paf will carry out only limited aggressor missions and absolutely zero deep strike missions. all such missions will be carried out through missiles and air force will be used mainly in defensive role within our own air space.

there was an interview of some paf officer who said that we can integrate four bvr missiles but right now we are moving on with 2. i dont think whats the logic behind this but as a smaller air force against a bigger air force i think our platforms should be utilized to the maximum.

Disappointing. your point is valid, need to maximize JF17s. Even if dual racks are not loaded. get 2 more SD10 on third pylons on each wing :S

if jet is going for air to air combat it should only carry bvr and air to air missiles and not land attack missiles or bombs to increase maneuverability of jet during dogfight and keep jet as light in weight as far as possible
the jft in the video was on CAP and not on strike mission. it had two bvr, two wvr and two fuel tanks. no bombs at all.

i may be wrong but i have noted a big difference in the air combat of 2019 with that of 65 and 71. previously in most of the operations upto 6-8 air crafts were used but now both the indian and pakistani air forces used a squadron plus strength to carry out relatively minor operations. in a war to carry out a successful strike mission on an enemy heavily defended target the aggressor air force will be needing a huge strike formation with other small formations as diversions. the main strike party will need air crafts with the role similar to USAF wild weasels which is to jam enemy radars, destroy enemy's defending air crafts and SAMs through harm missiles and my also be needing awacs killer missiles. only then the strike air craft will be able to carry out their mission successfully. it means around 20-30 air crafts will be used in a single mission and it also means heavy burden on jets and pilots.it will give an edge to iaf as they have more jets. it seems in a full scale war paf will carry out only limited aggressor missions and absolutely zero deep strike missions. all such missions will be carried out through missiles and air force will be used mainly in defensive role within our own air space.

you are right, last PAF incursion was with 24 aircraft? can someone confirm. if so what was their breakdown.

unable to view this video. anyone, please share on Youtube

there was an interview of some paf officer who said that we can integrate four bvr missiles but right now we are moving on with 2. i dont think whats the logic behind this but as a smaller air force against a bigger air force i think our platforms should be utilized to the maximum.

Hi,

There is assessment before actual combat---and then there re-assessment after combat---.

So---all planning and strategies are blown out of the air when sh-it hits the fan---.

As analysts and strategists and as weapons experts---you can only so far---.

Pak / India air conflict is like no other conflict---. It is not the USAF against afghan taliban air force ( oh I am sorry---afg taliban have no air force ) or israel against the syrians or lebanese or iraq---.

This combat is a one of a kind combat and super powers are drooling over the results---at the first contact and then the next day strike---.

Both the sides have 4th gen aircraft---modern weapons and modern EW suites---.

A lots of things will be analyzed and re-assessed and then re-assessed for future conflicts---.

Armed with PL-5s and SD-10 BVR Live Rounds, a JF-17 Blasts Off for another Mission.

60719070_2355563618024406_8968748688872570880_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom