What's new

Famous Pakistani Food

whats the difference between chappal kebab, normal kebab and bihari kebab .. @ghazi52 what other kinds of kebab do we have?

In India, we call it Chapli Kabab. It is minced meat that is thin and flat and is shallow fried in big tawa.
Normal kabab is seekh kabab that is grilled directly over charcoal. It is made of mince meat+spices+herbs
Galouti kabab - Famous in Lucknow. Made of lamb or beef mince. Usually marinated with papaya and is very soft in texture. It melts in your mouth.
Kalmi kabab: Is marinated chicken drumsticks that is cooked in a tandoor.
Nargisi kabab: contain egg
Bihari Kabab : Marinated meat slices that is skewered and grilled on charcoal

All because of you, I have cancelled my plans for dinner at home. Going out now for some spicy stuff.:raise:

In India, we call it Chapli Kabab. It is minced meat that is thin and flat and is shallow fried in big tawa.
Normal kabab is seekh kabab that is grilled directly over charcoal. It is made of mince meat+spices+herbs
Galouti kabab - Famous in Lucknow. Made of lamb or beef mince. Usually marinated with papaya and is very soft in texture. It melts in your mouth.

All because of you, I have cancelled my plans for dinner at home. Going out now for some spicy stuff.:raise:

:bounce: This thread is making me crazy o_O

I am purposefully posting these pics so that all you guys too cancel your dinner at home.....:devil::devil:
tikka.jpg

olddelsistrreetfood--621x414.jpg

Amazing. Most of these you'll find in India also. I know that we have similar cuisine, but didn't know it would be this striking.

We have very similar cuisine only difference is we tend to add meat even in vege salan, which becomes heavy but its very tasty. Here in the UK all desi restauramts have almost same menu but Indian restaurants also have more vege items, but kebabs and rice dishes are all same.

Kalmi kebab :smitten:

I always prefer North Indian food over Chinese, Italian, or any other cuisine. For me it has to be north Indian.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom